What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.48 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks Merlin. Never think uppercase may crash Samba =)
I also have quastion. Don't know is this fine or not, but in Tools in LAN1 "Last device seen" always says "unknown". Don't realy know is it bug in firmware or port is broken. I have AC87U, brougt it from Germany, so there is some problems with warranty.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 420
Need more details:

- What's the Windows version?
- Can you access it by manually entering \\192.168.1.1\ (change to whatever is your router's IP)
- How are your shares configured on the router?

I tried this again. I could not browse manually. I also tried the master browser toggle without any luck.

Thanks Merlin. Never think uppercase may crash Samba =)
I also have quastion. Don't know is this fine or not, but in Tools in LAN1 "Last device seen" always says "unknown". Don't realy know is it bug in firmware or port is broken. I have AC87U, brougt it from Germany, so there is some problems with warranty.:rolleyes:

It's a technical limitation. The RT-AC87U has two different switches: one from Broadcom, and one from Realtek. That port is on the Realtek switch, which doesn't provide me with the last seen MAC.

I tried this again. I could not browse manually. I also tried the master browser toggle without any luck.

See previous posts in the thread. The issue is a bug with Samba being unable to properly support the superuser containing uppercase character. Temporary workaround is to rename your router admin user to be all lowercase.

I got a patch in Samba's code that will allow mixed case usernames for the final 376.48 release.

Hey Merlin,

Can you see if you can fix this issue? It's only present on ASUS routers and effects all kinds.

Here's the issue.

If your cable modem or whatever type IE A Motorola 6121 or whatever disconnects and or you reboot it. The Asus router will fail to detect the connection again. Then what you have to do is turn off the router for 2 min+ then turn it on again and it will detect it. No other brand of router does this all of them detect it right away. Alternatively you could just turn off the WAN from the interface then turn it on but this doesn't work 100% of the time like the total shutdown.

It will fail to reestablish the connection to the modem and show the internet status as disconnected. Happens on 66U/R 68R/U even 87U/R.

If your cable modem or whatever type IE A Motorola 6121 or whatever disconnects and or you reboot it. The Asus router will fail to detect the connection again.
I've never had that problem with my N66U. Perhaps you have accidentally enabled the Dual WAN setting.

Or try changing WAN > Internet Connection > DHCP query frequency

Last edited:
Just tested here with AC68R....pulled power to the modem (SB6120). Reconnected and everything came back fine, including successfully restarting my VPN client.

Hi,
I think I found the solution to my 5GHz band shutting down on my RT-AC87R.

1. The cause was the new iPad air 2.
2. The fix on the air 2
a. go into "settings"
b. then "general"
c. then "reset"
d. "reset network settings"

so far I have been running 24 hours with no errors.
I will try to add hard drives tomorrow, but if it works then I think all is well :)

This stuff is just amazing, stuff one would NEVER think happen, especially this problem and solution, just WOW.

My apple stuff WHEN it works, it works better than my android stuff hands down, BUT when I have trouble, boy it is like a hell storm. Lucky it does work lots more than not.

If I don't report back on this issue, then my problem is gone with this solution, so you all can help others with apple strange problems. :)

I want to thank all and especially Merlin, THANK YOU MERLIN!!!!! :)

EDIT: router locked up again, but after 2hrs, I can not get into router this time without reboot. I am removing the air 2 for now.

Last edited:
See previous posts in the thread. The issue is a bug with Samba being unable to properly support the superuser containing uppercase character. Temporary workaround is to rename your router admin user to be all lowercase.

I got a patch in Samba's code that will allow mixed case usernames for the final 376.48 release.

Thanks! Is that patch in beta 3?

I've never had that problem with my N66U. Perhaps you have accidentally enabled the Dual WAN setting.

Or try changing WAN > Internet Connection > DHCP query frequency

I have had this problem as well with a N66U router and my Motorola Cable Modem from Time Warner. It worked fine with my Linksys N router, if I reboot the router while modem is running it will not get an IP address. I have to reboot modem afterwards for it to get a new IP address.

It isn't specific to Merlin's build as it did it with factory build as well, but it isn't much of an issue as I only have to reboot once every few months when I apply an update or so and I just cycle them both around until I get an IP then it is fine.

Quick question, is there a way to remove the drag and drop priority in Adaptive QoS...if I remeber right one of them used to removed the existing selection and it's either missing or I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Oh. I'm currently using Beta3.

I have had this problem as well with a N66U router and my Motorola Cable Modem from Time Warner. It worked fine with my Linksys N router, if I reboot the router while modem is running it will not get an IP address. I have to reboot modem afterwards for it to get a new IP address.

It isn't specific to Merlin's build as it did it with factory build as well, but it isn't much of an issue as I only have to reboot once every few months when I apply an update or so and I just cycle them both around until I get an IP then it is fine.

Yeah But it's annoying as hell there is an issue. I'm on Charter. DHCP is on normal.

Yeah But it's annoying as hell there is an issue. I'm on Charter. DHCP is on normal.

Im on charter also and never had that issue at all
But I do own a Cisco cable modem I stopped using Motorola , they allways died on me for any type of electrical storm all the time , and my Cisco is still going strong

No Repeater mode available?

Dear all,

I got two AC87Us - in principle to use them in media bridge mode (both are on the beta3). This more or less works, experimenting also with the adaptive QoS. I am totally curious about the behaviour of the two AC87Us. When using before the AC68U as the second in media bridge mode, the AC68U stated that the connection is about 1300 Mbit. When replaced by the AC87U, the AC87U is more like something between 15Mbit to 280Mbit. I guess this also has to do with the adaptive QoS which the AC68U could not really deal with.

Anyway, something unusual happend. After flashing from the stock firmware to the beta3, the repeater mode vanished. I can only choose between "Router", "AP" and "Bridge". Even when getting back to the stock, it is gone. Any idea how I can get back to the "repater" mode?

Best
Axmax

Dear all,

I got two AC87Us - in principle to use them in media bridge mode (both are on the beta3). This more or less works, experimenting also with the adaptive QoS. I am totally curious about the behaviour of the two AC87Us. When using before the AC68U as the second in media bridge mode, the AC68U stated that the connection is about 1300 Mbit. When replaced by the AC87U, the AC87U is more like something between 15Mbit to 280Mbit. I guess this also has to do with the adaptive QoS which the AC68U could not really deal with.

Anyway, something unusual happend. After flashing from the stock firmware to the beta3, the repeater mode vanished. I can only choose between "Router", "AP" and "Bridge". Even when getting back to the stock, it is gone. Any idea how I can get back to the "repater" mode?

Best
Axmax

Repeater mode is not supported at this time on the RT-AC87U. I think this is something Asus intends to implement later on.

Merlin 376.48 Beta 3 NO WIFI BAND SHOWING IN Setting

Upon upgrading to Beta 3, the Wireless Setting page does not show the 2.4ghz or 5GHZ drop down menu. I have re-flashed 3 times and still same problem. Revert back to 376.47 and all is good. Does anybody else have this issue? RT-AC68U

Upon upgrading to Beta 3, the Wireless Setting page does not show the 2.4ghz or 5GHZ drop down menu. I have re-flashed 3 times and still same problem. Revert back to 376.47 and all is good. Does anybody else have this issue? RT-AC68U

See this post in this thread.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!