What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.48 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Avast Antivirus 2015 by chance? I saw this in my logs as well and it was Avasts new Network Security feature trying to login to my router to look for security issues.

Mmmm no Avast here, just MS Security Essential, is enough.
I started seeing that in log just after _48 update.

This is very common with Apple devices. It appears to be related to the way they keep waking up from sleep mode. Probably checking for updates, emails, etc. Or updating their location to iCloud.

dose this badly affect the router performance ?

I believe you can stop these from showing up in the log by going to LAN, DHCP Server, and setting Log DHCP queries to "No".

by choosing no , it going to hide it or fix the issue ?

My router is a n66u and I'm currently on 376.45 (Merlin build) and till this day everything runs very stable and smooth without any hiccups.
With that being said, I only use the Ethernet part of the router.
I don't use WIFI (it's disabled) and all the other related stuff like SAMBA is also turned off.
So what I am trying to say is it necessary to update to 376.48 even though everything runs without any problems right now?

Cheers!

Upgraded to 38_1 and it's running well (I do not rely on this router for nat loopback, as I am double natted)......but I don't know if I'm facing a new problem or not.
One of the most important features of Merlin's build in my opinion is the possibility to have the router act as a master/ Wins server for samba shares.

Yesterday, after the upgrade I had to share some files from my desktop to My wife's laptop.
I tried to look on the network for her, but no chance. The same happened to my wife for at least half an hour, but when she saw my desktop she was still unable to access my pc. Win 8.1 troubleshoter stated that it was a networking problem and suggested to powercycle the router. Once did that, she was able to access my computer, but I was still unable to see her, even addressing her laptop with its IP-Address. Strangely her laptop then appeared in my Win 8.1 desktop as a media server, but never as a file server. I didn't try from linux nor I know how to check what's going wrong in samba, but it never happened before.
Did somebody else have a similar problem with this build?

Howdy,
Simple enough, Comcast has horrible updates
Turn off your cable modem, turn off your router.
go to sleep
the next morning, turn the modem on, then turn on the router
you have your IP6 back and working :)

Tried. Didn't work. Just posted in the v6 thread.

Hi Merlin,
I can tell you, that I installed build 3561 a few days ago and I haven't had an issues with port forwarding. On the previous versions, I would have to re enable it every 24 to 48 hours. Just an FYI.

I know Asus fixed NAT loopback issues in 376_3602, but the source code isn't available yet so I don't know how/if it's really fixed.

Just tested with my RT-AC66U and it works fine for me on both accounts. Check that your disk doesn't have any error on it. Also try accessing it directly through the URI (\\192.168.1.1\ in Windows Explorer) to see if it might be just a name resolution issue.

The only other mention of drives not showing was specific to the RT-N16, and the issue was resolved with 376.48_2.

Actually I have this problem as well. At first I thought I had to allow guest access to get it to work, but then someone else reported that it should work even without that set (and indeed I am fairly certain that it did previously work for me).

Anyway for what its worth, here's my Samba settings page. See anything here that would prevent the share from showing up on my Windows machines?

http://1drv.ms/1wM6YcZ
--
bc

Actually I have this problem as well. At first I thought I had to allow guest access to get it to work, but then someone else reported that it should work even without that set (and indeed I am fairly certain that it did previously work for me).

Anyway for what its worth, here's my Samba settings page. See anything here that would prevent the share from showing up on my Windows machines?

http://1drv.ms/1wM6YcZ
--
bc

But did you try directly accessing it through the URI as I suggested, or running Samba in debug mode like previously posted? Otherwise, another "me too" won't help me unfortunately, since it's working fine for me on two different routers that I tested.

There was a typo in the first post regarding the fix for corrupted nvram setting. The post has been updated with the correct variable names.

The NATed address in System Log -> Connections is showing the (local) device name again instead of just the IP address. All right! RT-AC66U with 376.48_1.

With .48 I am getting insane lag spikes and disconnects randomly in games/programs.

Look at the CPU Usage. I reverted to another build and the issue goes away. I also notice increased latency overall as well.
lolusage.jpg

I get this on the Samba config page. Cleared cookies & cache & reloaded & no change. But I can access the Samba shares no problem.

Capture2.jpg

Make sure you are really on 376.48_1 and not on a beta build. That issue was fixed two beta releases ago.

Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.376.48_1
Firmware Build Sat Nov 8 02:23:15 UTC 2014 merlin@f4126c4

Also on the External USB disk status screen, says

Available space: 0 GB
Total space: 0 GB

on a 64 GB flash drive containing 12 GB of files.

Edit: reverted to .47, config page displays properly. Tried .48 beta 3, config page doesn't display properly.

Edit 2: tried changing the second user name from "Fred" to "fred" to avoid the Samba upper-lower case issue, no luck. Note that the display is munged for both "admin" and "fred".

Last edited:
Also on the External USB disk status screen, says

Available space: 0 GB
Total space: 0 GB

on a 64 GB flash drive containing 12 GB of files.

Edit: reverted to .47, config page displays properly. Tried .48 beta 3, config page doesn't display properly.

Edit 2: tried changing the second user name from "Fred" to "fred" to avoid the Samba upper-lower case issue, no luck. Note that the display is munged for both "admin" and "fred".

I inform about this issue in http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?p=148422#post148422

Hope new source code ( 376.3602 ) help us with this issues ...

Last edited:
Global Daily Traffic Monitor

On my 87r, I'm still getting readings that are too low for daily global traffic in the Traffic Monitor. The per device daily readings look fine.

Is this still an ASUS FW problem, or is this something specific to my installation?

Other than that, everything is working fine, SNMP is reporting properly, and at least right now (knock on wood) NAT loopback is working.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.