What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

While resetting to factory defaults does clear the nvram, the reverse is not true.

Is there a reason USB Applications disappeared in Access Point mode? I was using the upstairs AC68 as a small media server and the one in my office for a printer while the actual WAN entry is down in the garage. It was working fine in 50.

FWIW I couldn't upgrade the firmware until I turned it off. I can still get to it from the links on the Network Map page and it apparently still works although I haven't really tested it. I'm assuming Samba is still there so I could do that by hand. Not sure about the printer (and would really rather not find out)

Thanks

While resetting to factory defaults does clear the nvram, the reverse is not true.

How so?

All current settings live inside the nvram. I don't see how "clear all settings in nvram" wouldn't trigger "apply factory default settings to nvram automaticalclly" afterwards.

Is there a reason USB Applications disappeared in Access Point mode? I was using the upstairs AC68 as a small media server and the one in my office for a printer while the actual WAN entry is down in the garage. It was working fine in 50.
Hi,

On my N66U in AP-Mode the following USB-Apps. are there:

Media Services and Servers

Setup the UPnP, iTunes, FTP and Network Place (Samba).

Network Printer Server
The network printer server supports two methods: (1) ASUS EZ printer sharing (2) LPR to share printer.

Download Master
PC-free download manager.

See attached screenshot...

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

USB-Application-AP-Mode.png

Have always used channel 1 because it has the least amount of traffic in my environment. But it seems to fluctuate?? I get good speeds results one min and then they drop right off? I'm going to give it another day or 2 to settle in before reverting back to .50

Thanks for your response
Try another channel. I typically set ch 11 bit I am in an area with a LOT of networks out there and most are on auto so they change all over the place. When I start seeing this behavior I fire up inssider and take a look and sure enough someone's router ( usually a couple) is crossing over so some channel like 9 or 10. Anyway I can manually change to 1 or an avail channel that isnt as busy and things get back to normal again. Strange thing is ASUS seems to want to default to ch 6 for 24ghz and 153 for 5ghz almost 100% no matter what. I have several 5g around too and most are on 153 and my AC66 wants to select 153 too on auto. Once in a while it will switch over to 149 but dang if I wont see it back on 153 again soon even with several others out there on same ch. Finally just locked it to 157. Anyway try that and see . Much easier than re-flashing too :)

How so?

All current settings live inside the nvram. I don't see how "clear all settings in nvram" wouldn't trigger "apply factory default settings to nvram automaticalclly" afterwards.
I don't follow that either. Everytime I have done it either via telnet (mtd-erase -d nvram) or WPS button all defaults are back and have to setup from initial wizard again. All settings have to be re entered as well (including time zone)

Hi

I had Problems with the dlna Server on the 378.51 FW. I cant find the Server on my xbox one, but when i log in the Router and switch the Server off and back on then i get Access to My files. With the 378.50ta FW there wehre no problem.

My router is a AC87U

how can i fix the problem?

Last edited:
Print jobs still not working for me. It only prints half of the pages that were send. So the first 5 pages are good, then the last 5 are empty. The 5th page is only printed half. Is this another issue or is it still not completely fixed? I didn't do a factory reset though.

Print jobs still not working for me. It only prints half of the pages that were send. So the first 5 pages are good, then the last 5 are empty. The 5th page is only printed half. Is this another issue or is it still not completely fixed? I didn't do a factory reset though.

Assuming all pages are not identical, in theory there could be a character on page five that is messing things up... What happens when you print JUST page 5?

Assuming all pages are not identical, in theory there could be a character on page five that is messing things up... What happens when you print JUST page 5?
It's not on that 10 pages specifically. It was just as example. I can print up to around 3 - 5 pages without errors. But if I print 6 pages for example, the first half will be fine and then the rest of them will be just blank. It looks like on Windows I can see the print job not send completely to the printer/buffer. It says 5.2MB/7.5MB for example. While the printer is going it will then send the rest of the data but the printer seems to never receive it.

Printer is working fine on usb connection to Windows, so it has to be the router somehow... .

BTW: What is the best way to install/use the printer shared via router? There are no drivers for Windows 8 so it is a very old one. I couldn't install the printer with LPR (printer would never receive any data), so I had to use the Asus tool for that.

It's not on that 10 pages specifically. It was just as example. I can print up to around 3 - 5 pages without errors. But if I print 6 pages for example, the first half will be fine and then the rest of them will be just blank. It looks like on Windows I can see the print job not send completely to the printer/buffer. It says 5.2MB/7.5MB for example. While the printer is going it will then send the rest of the data but the printer seems to never receive it.

Printer is working fine on usb connection to Windows, so it has to be the router somehow... .

Sounds like it is a memory issue. Maybe the router thinks the printer has more memory than it actually has, and thus pages are sent to the printer but it doesn't receive them...

On a proper pc it has loads of memory itself so can just send things a bit at a time...

Sounds like it is a memory issue. Maybe the router thinks the printer has more memory than it actually has, and thus pages are sent to the printer but it doesn't receive them...

On a proper pc it has loads of memory itself so can just send things a bit at a time...
So, you're saying it could be my printer? It's a very very old one so I'll just hook it up to a computer and share it that way. So this has nothing to do with the latest fix for print jobs? I'm using a AC66U b.t.w.

378.51 working well for me on an RT-AC68U. The only one issue that I have is that, if I go to the Traffic Analyzer, I lose the web interface and get the message .......
"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U."
I only run mine in AP mode if that helps. Any ideas?

You need to re-enable the JFFS partition for Traffic Analyzer to work. JFFS is enabled by default now, so either you manually disabled it, or you didn't do the required factory default reset after upgrading to the first 378_xx build.
Traffic Analyzer will be of no use to you in AP mode anyway, it's intended for router mode.

I had the same behavior on an RT-AC56U with 378.51_dpi in router mode with JFFS partition disabled and Traffic statistic ON. It does not seem to be a normal behavior (I mean the loss of the web interface) if I access Traffic Analyzer tab even under these conditions. It seems like a bug to me.

So, you're saying it could be my printer? It's a very very old one so I'll just hook it up to a computer and share it that way. So this has nothing to do with the latest fix for print jobs? I'm using a AC66U b.t.w.

No idea, am just a fellow user trying to help out...

I thought it could be a driver issue, rather than the printer itself...

Hi

Just upgraded my N66U to 378.51.

all seems good so far, I just have a question about the online device section. When I click on the symbols to change picture and rename the device and so on I notice a little unlocked padlock sign.

It says something about binding IP and mac address when I hover over it.

what exactly is this?

When I click on the symbols to change picture and rename the device and so on I notice a little unlocked padlock sign.

It says something about binding IP and mac address when I hover over it.

what exactly is this?

For devices that are assigned a non-static IP address, the symbol is an unlocked lock. For a device that has a manually or statically assigned IP address, the IP address is "bound" to the MAC address, so you get the locked lock symbol.

Hi

I had Problems with the dlna Server on the 378.51 FW. I cant find the Server on my xbox one, but when i log in the Router and switch the Server off and back on then i get Access to My files. With the 378.50ta FW there wehre no problem.

My router is a AC87U

how can i fix the problem?

I'm also having the same problem too on 378.51. The DLNA server is not working now on my AC87U, now my Samsung TV can't detect the media server. I do not have such problem when using 378.50.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!