What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi RMerlin,
I'm now testing your firmware RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378.51_newqtn
So far so good :)

Only thing i notice was this line in the TOOLS tab.
HW acceleration Disabled - incompatible with:
But you already answered that, so maybe not much to worry about.

That happens if you disabled the feature that was incompatible with it, but didn't reboot the router afterward. I don't systematically reboot the router in those scenarios since a reboot is always disruptive for the network, and the router can still work properly without CTF getting immediately re-enabled.

3 hours uptime, everything ok here :)

Last edited:
There's a bug with AiProtection - Web & Apps filters. Streaming and Entertainment: "Games" and "Internet Radio and TV" is always checked together automatically. I can't apply one without the other getting checked.

I factory reset 378.51 after upgrading from 378.50. I don't think this problem was in 378.50.

The Traffic Analyzer is buggy. It doesn't list all clients correctly when you select a date.

Edit: This strange I went back to FW 378.50 and Streaming and Entertainment still doesn't save properly.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed excessive RAM usage by the miniDLNA server in 378.51 and 378.50? On my system (AC68R) it is using around 100MB of RAM for about 500 mp3 files on the USB3 drive, which seems excessive to me considering the media server database is stored on disk. The problem I am running into is that the LAN crashes when I have heavy traffic, either for a torrent download or a large file copy to the USB3 drive. I am suspecting that this is due to the router running out of RAM space. So I am trying to figure out whether the fact that JFFS is enabled by default in .50 and beyond has pushed the RAM use to the limit or whether something changed in the miniDLNA code to increase its usage of RAM.

Since upgrading to .51 the internet LED on my AC66U turns off from time to time, stays off and then at some point turns on again. The network (and internet) are working fine even when the LED is off.

I wonder what could cause that? Haven't noticed any other issues.

Mar 12 21:28:35 dnsmasq-dhcp[583]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.11.100 f4:09:d8:b0:02:71 wrong network
Mar 12 21:29:43 dnsmasq-dhcp[583]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.11.98 60:33:4b:d7:46:c4 wrong network

Mar 12 22:05:29 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Mar 12 20:05:43 kernel: net_ratelimit: 30 callbacks suppressed

Mar 12 19:19:23 dnsmasq-dhcp[583]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.1.102 80:61:8f:4c:25:db address not available

and: too many lines like that in Systemlog.
Mar 12 19:42:31 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:42:32 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:42:36 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:06 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:07 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:08 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:09 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:13 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

Are thoes problems? Using 378.51 with Merlin NATloopback.

and: too many lines like that in Systemlog.
Mar 12 19:42:31 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:42:32 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:42:36 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:06 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:07 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:08 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:09 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 12 19:43:13 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

Are thoes problems? Using 378.51 with Merlin NATloopback.
Hi,

Are you using AC87U, if so. Try out the "new" RMerlin firmware in the Experimental folder http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/download
3.0.0.4.378.51_newqtn
RT-AC87U owners:

I don't have the newest GPL code from Asus yet, however I was able to extract the Quantenna firmware from their recent beta release (378_4608) and to transplant it on top of 378.51. This updated Quantenna environment included at least one change related to the br0 bridge, which might resolve the br0 loop errors (I just don't know yet if an additional fix is required on the Broadcom side - I'll know once I get my hands on the newer GPL).

In any case, so far my syslog seems to be fairly quiet on that front after running this newer Quantenna build for a few days, so I decided to upload an Experimental build of it (labeled 378_51-newqtn).

Please give it a shot.
Make sure you do a factory reset. And manually add all your settings.

What I do everytime I gonna install new firmware is to do a factory reset. (push&hold the reset button on the back of the router for for 5 - 10 sec to the power led is blinking) Then install the firmware, when finish, reboot the router ,after boot up i do again a factory reset. Then boot up and insert all your settings.

Last edited:
Hi,

Are you using AC87U, if so. Try out the "new" RMerlin firmware in the Experimental folder http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/download
3.0.0.4.378.51_newqtn

Make sure you do a factory reset. And manually add all your settings.

What I do everytime I gonna install new firmware is to do a factory reset. (push&hold the reset button on the back of the router for for 5 - 10 sec to the power led is blinking) Then install the firmware, when finish, reboot the router ,after boot up i do again a factory reset. Then boot up and insert all your settings.
I am using RMerlin firmware on AC87R and of course version is 378.51. I have done a factory reset and still have thoes problems... Anyone have the same problems like me???

I am using RMerlin firmware on AC87R and of course version is 378.51. I have done a factory reset and still have thoes problems... Anyone have the same problems like me???

The new one? 3.0.0.4.378.51_newqtn

Mar 12 21:28:35 dnsmasq-dhcp[583]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.11.100 f4:09:d8:b0:02:71 wrong network
Mar 12 21:29:43 dnsmasq-dhcp[583]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.11.98 60:33:4b:d7:46:c4 wrong network

This indicate that you have a wireless device that was previously connected to a network that used the 192.168.11.0 subnet, while your home network is on 192.168.1.0. This is normal, and can be ignored. This is quite frequent with phones and tablets that you use in multiple locations. In this case, this is an Apple device, I bet it's probably an iPhone.

The new one? 3.0.0.4.378.51_newqtn
How many 378.51 on Download Page? I just see 378.51_0 and can you give me a link to 378.51_newqtn?
This indicate that you have a wireless device that was previously connected to a network that used the 192.168.11.0 subnet, while your home network is on 192.168.1.0. This is normal, and can be ignored. This is quite frequent with phones and tablets that you use in multiple locations. In this case, this is an Apple device, I bet it's probably an iPhone.
Thanks RMerlin. How about:
and: Mar 12 20:05:43 kernel: net_ratelimit: 30 callbacks suppressed

Screenshot 2015-03-13 04.19.35.png
Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
:( So annoy... Dont know what happen to my network or Mediafire...

View attachment 3463
Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
:( So annoy... Dont know what happen to my network or Mediafire...

Try this: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bkfq2a6aebq68/Asuswrt-Merlin
That is RMerlin link to his downloads, you will found the RT-AC87U folder there and inside that folder you will found the Experimental folder

I am using 378.51_0.
378.51_newtqn is different?

Yes new Quantenna firmware driver:

RMerlin said:
RT-AC87U owners:

I don't have the newest GPL code from Asus yet, however I was able to extract the Quantenna firmware from their recent beta release (378_4608) and to transplant it on top of 378.51. This updated Quantenna environment included at least one change related to the br0 bridge, which might resolve the br0 loop errors (I just don't know yet if an additional fix is required on the Broadcom side - I'll know once I get my hands on the newer GPL).

In any case, so far my syslog seems to be fairly quiet on that front after running this newer Quantenna build for a few days, so I decided to upload an Experimental build of it (labeled 378_51-newqtn).

Please give it a shot.

which might resolve the br0 loop errors: kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

My RT-AC87U have been running for over 8 hours now, i haven't seen kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address yet, so for so good

Thanks so much!!! I will try it right now!!!

Remember to do a factory reset (push&hold the reset button on your router on the back. To the power led is blinking)
This is what I always do before updating new firmware :

- Factory reset (push&hold the reset button on your router on the back. To the power led is blinking)
- Install new firmware
- Reboot router
- Boot up
- Factory reset again
- Boot up
- Then manually insert all your settings you used to do. Do not restore from previous versions.

I know this is the hard way, but I believe is the best way :)

Remember to do a factory reset (push&hold the reset button on your router on the back. To the power led is blinking)
This is what I always do before updating new firmware :

- Factory reset (push&hold the reset button on your router on the back. To the power led is blinking)
- Install new firmware
- Reboot router
- Boot up
- Factory reset again
- Boot up
- Then manually insert all your settings you used to do. Do not restore from previous versions.

I know this is the hard way, but I believe is the best way :)
OMG... I restored my Setting from CFG file... Fine, just factory reset again and go setting manually...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!