What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I upgraded to this yesterday and everything seems pretty solid and the wireless connections seem fine, (8 devices all ok).
I did notice that when I tried to forward ports I could not use the "-" as a separator.
I had to write the ports in notepad++ i.e. 50000-50010 and then paste them in to the gui, but it worked fine and was accepted.
A small bug maybe?

Operation Mode:Wireless router Firmware:378.51

Use a colon for a range of ports.
50000:50010

After updating to this new version my signature version has been downgraded to 1.008. How to update this? And what this signature version means?

After updating to this new version my signature version has been downgraded to 1.008. How to update this? And what this signature version means?
it's normal. Wait few moments or use dpi engine and signatures changes automaticly

Just upgraded my RT-AC68P to 378.51 and the site survey feature does not work. No networks are detected and it just shows a blank result.

Installed 378.51, new features are really nice... I noticed I am getting a HTTP failure after a few hours of operation.. Rest of the 87U seems to work, VPN, routing, etc.. But I cannot get to the http interface, it says server not their... Turning it off and on, fixes it for a few hours..

Tidbit, I put a laptop cooler under it.. Did not connect it to the routers USB port.. Dropped the temps a good 10C... CPU is now 66C

I'm having problem with DLNA in my network, I was able to use ipad youtube app DLNA to my TV, but cannot in 387.51
There is something not right with DLNA in 378.51, mainly with discovery/connectivity. The DLNA server uses up a huge chunk of RAM also. I went back to 376.49_5 and DLNA is working fine with low RAM usage. I am going to stay there till this DLNA issue and memory usage issue is sorted out. I am on RT-AC68R.

Does anyone has high latency issues with 378.51? I'm no expert but have tried everything I can think of and the only way it works is by not using the router. Here is how it looks with the RT-N66U router (cable modem as bridge):

Any idea or suggestion is more than welcome as this has been driving me crazy! :p

Sounds like either an ISP-related issue, or you have something on your network overloading your connection (P2P, torrents, malware, etc...)

Just upgraded my RT-AC68P to 378.51 and the site survey feature does not work. No networks are detected and it just shows a blank result.

Site Survey doesn't work properly if you use the MAC filtering feature, as the filtering applies globally to the wireless driver.

Ok thanks, It is an USB 3.0 stick, so I think that a file is corrupted. How can i check this?

Split your media collection in half, and only scan half at a time. That will allow you to eventually pinpoint if a specific file is causing an issue.

Site Survey doesn't work properly if you use the MAC filtering feature, as the filtering applies globally to the wireless driver.

OK. Thanks. That must be new with this build, since AFAIK it worked previously. Not a big deal really either way.

Sounds like either an ISP-related issue, or you have something on your network overloading your connection (P2P, torrents, malware, etc...)

Thanks, I got the same idea at first but I am sure there's no transfers going on and tested with a single PC over ethernet. It's quite puzzling, the router seems to work for a few moments then latencies start to go up. No amount of soft or hard resets nor using VPN do anything. what always work is going back to using the modem alone. Perhaps a strange conflict between RT-N66U and Arris TG862G?

Hi,

It seems to me that I got a new signature version on my AC87U?
My AC68U are still on v.1.032

Attachments

• signature.jpg
    signature.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 311
I am using an RT-AC66U and was running 378.51 for the last week. I'm not sure why, but after upgrading to this version I started getting much more frequent disconnects while playing multiplayer games (ps4 destiny, windows star trek online) and even a few disconnections from xbox live while playing netflix.

I just reverted back to 376.49_5 and will report back my results.

I have almost all of the features disabled other than wifi, upnp, nat (h/w acceleration active), dhcp server, and ipv4 firewall. I was using the 'merlin' NAT loopback if that matters. I did factory reset after flashing each time.

I am using an RT-AC66U and was running 378.51 for the last week. I'm not sure why, but after upgrading to this version I started getting much more frequent disconnects while playing multiplayer games (ps4 destiny, windows star trek online) and even a few disconnections from xbox live while playing netflix.

I just reverted back to 376.49_5 and will report back my results.

I have almost all of the features disabled other than wifi, upnp, nat (h/w acceleration active), dhcp server, and ipv4 firewall. I was using the 'merlin' NAT loopback if that matters. I did factory reset after flashing each time.

Not having any of those problems using Xbox One running 378.51

Thanks, I got the same idea at first but I am sure there's no transfers going on and tested with a single PC over ethernet. It's quite puzzling, the router seems to work for a few moments then latencies start to go up. No amount of soft or hard resets nor using VPN do anything. what always work is going back to using the modem alone. Perhaps a strange conflict between RT-N66U and Arris TG862G?

Make sure you don't have Download Master installed on your router. That includes an eMule client, which can generate a pretty high amount of traffic.

If you suspect an issue between the modem and the router, try swapping the Ethernet cable between the two. It would surprise me if it were the cause of your problems however.

Hi,

It seems to me that I got a new signature version on my AC87U?
My AC68U are still on v.1.032

The router will automatically download updated signatures from Asus's servers. Mine is currently up at 1.034.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!