What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.54_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude here is the changelog so you will stop pestering Eric with the same question that he has ALREADY answered.

78.54 (7-June-2015)
IMPORTANT: if you were previously using the AiProtection ad blocker, you will need to manually disable it over SSH after flashing this release, by running the following commands:

nvram set wrs_adblock_popup=0
nvram set wrs_adblock_stream=0
nvram commit

• - NEW: Merged with Asus GPL 378_5134.
  • - NEW: OpenVPN policy rules can now be set to route matching traffic through either the tunnel, or to your ISP (allowing you to create exceptions to your tunnelling rules)
  • - NEW: Added OpenVPN server setting to let the OS manage socket buffers (by inserting rcvbuf 0 and sndbuf 0 in the server configuration)
  • - CHANGED: Upgraded OpenSSL to 1.0.2a, adding new tls ciphers to OpenVPN and the https webui
  • - CHANGED: Updated miniupnpd to 1.9.20150430
  • - CHANGED: Reverted kernel backport of the parallel printer support, and reintroduced fix in lprng. This should hopefully fix the recent printing breakage issues.
  • - CHANGED: Removed AiProtection's ad blocker, as it's too buggy to be usable, breaking numerous mobile applications, and not being configurable in any way.
  • - CHANGED: OpenVPN policy routing rules are now applied at boot time (when WAN comes up), so clients who are blocked while a tunnel is down will immediately be blocked untilthe tunnel comes up.
  • - CHANGED: Upgraded Quantenna firmware to 378_6065 release (AC87)
  • - FIXED: Router DNS weren't reverted to their original values when shutting down an OpenVPN client with "explicit-exit-notify" enabled. Now we manually clean it up after the user manually terminates the client - it might still not be cleaned up after an unexpected shutdown however. Ideally, users should try avoiding using this setting when possible.
  • - FIXED: Some legitimate VPN packets could get dropped due to their conntrack state. Now, only INVALID packets coming from the WAN interface are dropped.
  • - FIXED: OpenVPN client would sometime try to connect before the clock had been set by NTP at boot time, preventing it from connecting.
  • - FIXED: AiProtection security check would fail to load when Dual WAN is enabled
  • - FIXED: Various fields would allow you to enter a single quote character, which could break the webui. Now these fields re-validate the content after you deactivate the text field.
  • - FIXED: Switching between All Traffic and Policy Mode OpenVPN routing while the option to block traffic when the tunnel goes down wasn't properly removing those rules, so a tunnel going down in All Traffic would still block policed clients.
  • - FIXED: EMF wasn't working on ARM models (missing userspace tool)
If it isn't listed in the changelog then there's your answer. :rolleyes:
That was a long a useless post that had nothing to do with signature version!

Your WAN IP is a private IP. Can you describe your WAN setup?

sure, just a double NAT. internet facing router is also AC68 doing pppoe dial up with ISP. It's connected via ethernet to a unitasker fiber terminal. VPN router WAN is DHCP.

I actually had the same problem with my N66U. I thought it had something to do with the fact I went from dual wan to single wan during the reboot without shutting it down(and the fact i was playing around with different subnet mask settings in a dual router configuration ). It took me about an hour to reset and reconfigure 4 machines to be able to reach internet again . haven't made any log though .It went into a loop for a second time after setting a different time server and activating all ssh options (without wan access) in the administration section . It's not much info but maybe it tells you something.

It was a broken compile. One other user confirmed that 378.54_1 also resolved the issue for him.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I was able to test this morning, and it seems to have corrected the reboot issue on my RT-N66U. I was able to successfully restore my 53_0 settings. All is well. Thanks again.

[QUOTE="NOTE: 378.54 would crash on some models (notably the RT-N66U) when enabling a feature forcing NAT acceleration to be disabled (like IPTraffic or QOS). All builds were recompiled as 378.54_1, there was no actual code change."[/QUOTE]

thanks, the newly recompiled filed did the trick .

It kept me going for a couple of hours last night .. and all i wanted to do was watch a movie from my NAS . :)

Just upgraded, but the firmwareversion still says 378.53.

Shows up fine here:

29q1pxy.jpg

Just upgraded, but the firmwareversion still says 378.53.

Then it means the flash wasn't successful. Reboot with no USB disk plugged to recover more RAM, then flash again.

Still appears that multicast for IPTV is broken on this new release for ARM based routers, I am unable to start the igmpproxy process and the /tmp/igmpproxy.conf configuration files does not appear to being generated.

I can also confirm that multicast for IPTV is still not working due to the IGMP Proxy issue. The lastest version of Asus firmware works fine.

Is this due to a fault in the Merlin firmware, or the Asus GPL code?

Thanks.

I can also confirm that multicast for IPTV is still not working due to the IGMP Proxy issue. The lastest version of Asus firmware works fine.

Thanks.

The IGMP Proxy issue has also prevented my use of this version with Plusnet TV

I am running ASUS stock version 6117 now which works correctly (I don't know of any ASUS version
that does not work so I guess this is somehow a Merlin firmware issue).
Pity as I really want to run Merlin firmware but without IGMP Proxy working I just can't.

If a solution is found to this I am happy to test any experimental builds that may be produced.

378.54_1 is based on slightly older (378_5134) code, not on the newer 378_6xxx.

NOTE: 378.54 would crash on some models (notably the RT-N66U) when enabling a feature forcing NAT acceleration to be disabled (like IPTraffic or QOS). All builds were recompiled as 378.54_1, there was no actual code change.

The 378.54 build works fine on both my AC87U routers. The "NAT Acceleration" is set to "Auto CTF(Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled".

Do I need to upgrade to 378.54_1?

The IGMP Proxy issue has also prevented my use of this version with Plusnet TV

I am running ASUS stock version 6117 now which works correctly (I don't know of any ASUS version
that does not work so I guess this is somehow a Merlin firmware issue).
Pity as I really want to run Merlin firmware but without IGMP Proxy working I just can't.

If a solution is found to this I am happy to test any experimental builds that may be produced.

ASUS stock works as far back as Beta Version3.0.0.4.378.4850 , ill be switching to ASUS firware till its resolved .

Can't deploy RT-AC87U_378.54_1 as I get an error while flashing:
Firmware-Aktualisierung fehlgeschlagen. Dies kann an einer falschen Image-Datei oder einem Ubertragungsfehler liegen. Bitte überprüfen Sie die Version der Firmware und versuchen Sie es noch einmal. Firmware-Aktualisierung wegen falscher Datei oder Verbind

It seems the image has a failure. Anyone else with this error?
tried to redownload the .zip file, still the same.
the mirror does not offer any AC87U images.

Github snapshot test builds (Updated 30-May-2015) did work pe
rfectly to flash.

edit: the RT-AC87U_378.55 alpha1 from https://app.box.com/s/vqnat1eu9d7v00bb6pfy did work again. strange :/

Last edited:
You uzip .zip file before flashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.