What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.54_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the Adblocker feature in the previous version for some time but had it disabled later. After I flashed 378.54_1 I did factory default restore. Is it my process OK since I didn't use the SSH command advised in the changelog?

RT-AC87U, issue with Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list. I manually assigned around 20 IP's, all OK there. Then I went to Network Map, Clients. Clicked on Client profile and changed the name for one client and clicked on the padlock and OK. Now when I go back to the manually assigned page I now have no manually assigned IP's showing and the GUI is cut off at the top. This is on Safari, Apple iMac.
Edit: If I unlock the same client in Network Map/Clients all is back to normal again.
It looks like you can only assign a manual IP in the one place otherwise it screws up the Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list page.
I did not have this issue on the official Asus firmware. If I locked a client on the Network Map/Clients it was reflected in the manually assigned IP list on the LAN/DHCP Server page.

Last edited:
I ran some tests with igmpproxy. With my WAN set to DHCP, it's started correctly. When I set it to PPPoE then it does not start, unless it can obtain a DHCP IP on the WAN interface in addition to establishing a PPPoE connection.

The same happens with Asus's 378_6117's stock firmware: when in PPPoE mode, igmpproxy does not get started if it does not also obtain a DHCP lease from upstream. So, this is the same behaviour regarless of whether it's my firmware or Asus's.

I also rechecked the start_igmpproxy() code, and it's identical to Asus's.

So from my point of view, it works and it fails to work in the same scenarios as the stock firmware.

1) Are you all running PPPoE?
2) Can you confirm that IGMPProxy is indeed enabled, by running "nvram get mr_enable_x" over SSH?

I'm running PPoE and do get a valid WAN IP issued
#nvram get mr_enable_x

Could it be igmpproxy is getting initialized too early in the boot process before the WAN IP is issued via DHCP ?

Just by way of added info my WAN IP is dynamically assigned by the ISP (BT)

Last edited:
2) Can you confirm that IGMPProxy is indeed enabled, by running "nvram get mr_enable_x" over SSH?

1) Yes I run PPPoE connection with static WAN IP issued via ISP
2) I am on ASUS 6117 now so can't check this on Merlin software

The settings in use on 6117 that work with plusnet TV are
1) in WAN page "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection" needs to be set on NO
2) In LAN IPTV setting are None, None, Microsoft, Enable, Enable, 0

These are the settinging I tested with 378.54_1 and as detailed above no /tmp/igmpproxy.conf or igmpproxy code running but on ASUS 6117 with settings as listed above both file and code are present.

1) Yes I'm using PPPoE which is set to get the WAN IP automatically (Static IP)

2) Returns a 1

AC68U
user/group/shadow/gshadow add and postconf don't work anymore on this version.
Must put some delay in other scripts to add these as it seems like these passwd and group files gets overwritten at certain point after running relative adds and postconfs.

Last edited:
I would be more than happy to run any debug versions or provide additional support in resolving the issue with IGMP Proxy issue. Just let me know what to run, or what to do to provide additional information.

Thanks

TLE.

I did not have this issue on the official Asus firmware. If I locked a client on the Network Map/Clients it was reflected in the manually assigned IP list on the LAN/DHCP Server page.

The official Asus firmware does not let you assign hostnames on the DHCP page.

The two features are conflicting, and I haven't decided yet on a clean way to deal with this. I might have to disable the ability of editing names from the Network Map in favour of the DHCP page (where they are actually used as hostnames, not just for visual display on the webui).

Almost 1 day uptime with Adaptive Qos and Ai Protection activated and like with .53 , Signature version is still showing 1.030 even after many reboots.I reverted to 378.52_2 and Tadam!!!!! after 1 reboot signature show 1.050.
Back to .54 and the Version signature is stuck at 1.030.
I did the same test when .53 was released, wrs service dont start(no signatures update) anymore for me after 52_2

I got the same issue here with the Signature and my ac68.Second time this guy(or girl) ask this question( in .53 treahd also) and no one is giving any answers to him(or her)
So i dont care anymore about THAT SIGNATURE VERSION not updating and going with jonh fork .
Edit: For me i lost IPV6 6 times yesterday with .54_1, never with .53
Yes yes yes, reboot, factory defautl reset and WPS + power not solved this

I got the same issue here with the Signature and my ac68.Second time this guy(or girl) ask this question( in .53 treahd also) and no one is giving any answers to him(or her)

Nobody replied because nobody simply knows - the Trend Micro code is closed source. Only Asus knows how it even works.

Currently running 378.53. Looking to upgrade to the latest. Merlin indicated if the AiProtection add blocker was in use then it must be manually disabled via SSH.
Is this true if it is disabled prior to the upgrade?

if You have .53 then disable adblocker in menu, after this upgrade to latest. Manually adblocker disabled is not needed.

The official Asus firmware does not let you assign hostnames on the DHCP page.

The two features are conflicting, and I haven't decided yet on a clean way to deal with this. I might have to disable the ability of editing names from the Network Map in favour of the DHCP page (where they are actually used as hostnames, not just for visual display on the webui).

I hope you decide to keep the assignment on the Network Map as this allows to assign names to fixed IPs. In my case, I have much more fixed IPs than "fixed" DHCPs :)

I hope you decide to keep the assignment on the Network Map as this allows to assign names to fixed IPs. In my case, I have much more fixed IPs than "fixed" DHCPs :)

I, on the other hand, have many more fixed DHCPs and no fixed IPs. Maybe a option choice to choose the behavior?

Actually by best practice is not to mix static IP's and DHCP in same network, you should either use static IP's or in case of DHCP use static allocations for static IP's, instead of using both in same network segment.

In mu case I have 0 static IP's in my home network, only static allocations by DHCP with hostname assignements.

There is something funky with this firmware and exists in the Asus beta firmware that both start moving to a crawl on 2.4 and needs a reboot to speed up again. That issue does not exist on .53, so as it goes I'm back to .53 which has been nothing but stable since it first came out. Something in the bits and pieces coming from later firmware may be at fault.

It's still early days, but I'm finding this new firmware great for my AC87U's 5Ghz wifi! Everything feels way more snappy now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!