What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.54_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, zcip still doesn't seem to give any address to eth0 in my AC56U. OK, I don't really need it since I do not use IGMP proxy but I don't like random bugs. Referring to 378.54_2 obviously. Nothing on the logs about it, killing zcip and restarting it has no effect either.

EDIT: forgot to add, I compiled it myself from the 378.54 branch, up to commit 0e1b59cfa60516299333440a29db199b21e6bed9

EDIT2: Tried Merlin's compile just in case, no change, eth0 remains without IP address. Very strange. I hate mysteries!

Last edited:
Weird, zcip still doesn't seem to give any address to eth0 in my AC56U. OK, I don't really need it since I do not use IGMP proxy but I don't like random bugs. Referring to 378.54_2 obviously. Nothing on the logs about it, killing zcip and restarting it has no effect either.

EDIT: forgot to add, I compiled it myself from the 378.54 branch, up to commit 0e1b59cfa60516299333440a29db199b21e6bed9

EDIT2: Tried Merlin's compile just in case, no change, eth0 remains without IP address. Very strange. I hate mysteries!

You have to disable DHCP+VPN on the WAN page. Asus has this enabled by default as it's necessary to connect with some Russian ISPs. Otherwise, it will use DHCP on the WAN interface.

Let me add that zcip is indeed running, I can see it with "ps". Just that it doesn't do anything.

OK, problem solved and found. It was because I had another cable on the modem (an adsl modem in bridge mode) leading to the secondary LAN of my Linux server. Not sure why that messed it up tbh, but it did.

EDIT: seems the problem is caused by the firewall I have on the linux box, the moment I stopped it zcip gave an address. Will look more into it later.

EDIT 2: I think I know now, it's because I use proxyarp on the Linux to be able to access the modem's IP from the primary LAN it has that connects it to the AC56U's LAN ports. That way I can access the modem from my other devices too as it appears as part of the LAN but with the MAC of the Linux eth port.

Last edited:
I still have the pop-up window requesting login and NOT the WEBGUI? Is that right or is it wrong flashed?

I still have the pop-up window requesting login and NOT the WEBGUI? Is that right or is it wrong flashed?

Changing loopback from Merlin to Asus fixed this in the 378_54_1 release for me.

I'm having another issue though, about to try the 378_54_2 release, but wireless clients are constantly stating that more login information may be required.

I'm not able to upload... I get a message that the file format is invalid (378.54_1). I have a RC-AC87U and I'm upgrading from 378.53

Any ideas? I downloaded with Firefox... and the ZIP file seems intact. The firmware file used:

RT-AC87U_378.54_1.trx

suggest checking the SHA256 signature to make sure the unzipped file is good: ff1189bffc3b9523a428b588abcbce62f1adca841157f59f5929f68abd9e3c5c RT-AC87U_378.54_1.trx

I'm not able to upload... I get a message that the file format is invalid (378.54_1). I have a RC-AC87U and I'm upgrading from 378.53

Any ideas? I downloaded with Firefox... and the ZIP file seems intact. The firmware file used:

RT-AC87U_378.54_1.trx

Make sure you are on the firmware upgrade page, not on the Settings Upload page.

Changing loopback from Merlin to Asus fixed this in the 378_54_1 release for me.

I'm having another issue though, about to try the 378_54_2 release, but wireless clients are constantly stating that more login information may be required.

Where did you find the 378_54_2 file?

Where did you find the 378_54_2 file?

I only sneaked it in a post last night, so people could at least confirm the IPTV issues were also resolved for them. I'll do a more formal release when I get back home tonight, since everything seems good so far.

Same here. I get the old fashioned pop up window and not the cool-looking webgui as with the latest Asus Betas. Is this by design?

The new login window is part of FW 378_6xxx. If you check my changelog, 378.54 is based on 378_5134...

ALL: Asuswrt-Merlin 378.54_2 has been uploaded to the usual location, resolving OpenVPN ovpn exporting and igmpproxy failing to start.

These are the same test build that were available since last night, so if you already have 378.54_2, there is no need to reflash.

Merlin how are you?

I have the AC3200 one and using the latest beta, always used your fw`s at my old 87U, do you recommend switch from the latest beta 3200 beta from Asus to 378.52_2?

Thanks man, and congrats again for the nice job

Merlin how are you?

I have the AC3200 one and using the latest beta, always used your fw`s at my old 87U, do you recommend switch from the latest beta 3200 beta from Asus to 378.52_2?

Thanks man, and congrats again for the nice job

It's up to you. I don't have the driver they used in that latest beta, but that beta also lacks any customization I provide to the firmware, so it all depends on you really.

It's up to you. I don't have the driver they used in that latest beta, but that beta also lacks any customization I provide to the firmware, so it all depends on you really.

But the 3200 driver has changed at this beta?

I tought the changes was only some fixes and soer other stuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!