What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.54_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Merlin, thanks for the ace firmware.
DLNA in .54 is only picking up the 1st of 2 folders. I tried many fixes to no avail.
Reverted to .53 and in an instant finds my 2 folders

Hi merlin
Not running download master
How do i check the logfile in /tmp :)

Over SSH, you can check the size of the files there with:

Code:
ls -lh /tmp

See if anything takes up megabytes of space.

One moore thing i noticed in the tools system info bootloader cfe is unknown and driver version is none?!?
reinstall the firmware?

Are you running a modified bootloader? The only Asus model that does not support the bootloader report is the RT-N16.

While on that page, check also how much RAM is free.

Hi Merlin, thanks for the ace firmware.
DLNA in .54 is only picking up the 1st of 2 folders. I tried many fixes to no avail.
Reverted to .53 and in an instant finds my 2 folders

There's been no code change in minidlna for months. Make sure you don't have a corrupted media file causing the minidlna scanner to crash.

Over SSH, you can check the size of the files there with:

Code:
ls -lh /tmp

See if anything takes up megabytes of space.

Are you running a modified bootloader? The only Asus model that does not support the bootloader report is the RT-N16.

While on that page, check also how much RAM is free.

Hi merlin
Did the hard reset bootloader cfe and driver version came back 20 min later gone again :(
As soon the same errors came back
Minimal cofiguration (manual)
Will look in ssh will report back

Memory showing 99 mb free
buffers 1,47 mb
Swap 0,00/0,00 mb

Internal storage
Nvram usage 38225/65536
JFFS 1,65/62,75 Mb
Rebooted the router 3 times bootloader cfe and driver version came back everytime then after 10 min errors starts bootloader and driver gone again.
Not running modified bootloader all stock just installed the firmware
Will the bootloader restore if i reinstall the firmware again?
ac87u

Last edited:
Hi merlin
Did the hard reset bootloader cfe and driver version came back 20 min later gone again :(
As soon the same errors came back
Minimal cofiguration (manual)
Will look in ssh will report back

Memory showing 99 mb free
buffers 1,47 mb
Swap 0,00/0,00 mb

Internal storage
Nvram usage 38225/65536
JFFS 1,65/62,75 Mb
Rebooted the router 3 times bootloader cfe and driver version came back everytime then after 10 min errors starts bootloader and driver gone again.
Not running modified bootloader all stock just installed the firmware
Will the bootloader restore if i reinstall the firmware again?
ac87u

The bootloader has nothing to do with the firmware. Since it stops working after a while, the most likely reason is you have something on your router that's eating up all your RAM. After a while, it runs out of RAM for running certain core services, or executing operations such as extracting your boot loader version.

99 MB free is definitely abnormal. Disable the media server if it's enabled, it might be misconfigured.

The bootloader has nothing to do with the firmware. Since it stops working after a while, the most likely reason is you have something on your router that's eating up all your RAM. After a while, it runs out of RAM for running certain core services, or executing operations such as extracting your boot loader version.

99 MB free is definitely abnormal. Disable the media server if it's enabled, it might be misconfigured.

Well all is off :
media server
network printer
3G/4g
time machine
download master not installed
VPN

still same drops to 95mb
then looses bootloader ,all other setting stock i am lost here m8.
Nothing left to turn off.
In the system status cpu
Core 1 is allways around 40% and core 2 at 2%

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bloody share/cloud disk was off turned it on off on off now the memory is at 200mb +/- 10mb weeeeeee so happy
tnx Merlin for all the help and your patience :)

Last edited:
Maybe looking at what is causing the 40% cpu will tell us what process is a runaway (it should be virtually 0 at idle)...

via telnet/ssh enter 'top' (no quotes) and see what process is at the top of the list.

for 2.4 GHz i have set channel 13,
channel_13-png.3966

but in Wireles log i see 9l.
channel_9l-png.3967

it's a bug ?

Attachments

• channel_13.png
    channel_13.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 917
  • channel_9l.png
    channel_9l.png
    899 bytes · Views: 1,143
Last edited:
for 2.4 GHz i have set channel 13,
channel_13-png.3966

but in Wireles log i see 9l.
channel_9l-png.3967

it's a bug ?

9l means it's using channel 9+11 (l = lower).

The Wireless Log is the actual report coming straight from the wireless driver, so it reports what it's actually using.

BTW, channel 13 is only available in very few regions, such as Japan...

When setting samba shares there's a option to hide the disk names (like when you have only one share for instance) but didn't change the share behaviour. Anyone else notice the same?

ALL: I'm doing a "soft release" for 378.54_2, so you guys can have a shot at them. If all goes well, I will "officially" publish them in their usual location a day or two.

Grab them from here for now: http://www.mediafire.com/?bj94sbhrh7e49

Changes:
  • FIXED: The exported opvn config for clients had the incorrect port value.
  • FIXED: Busybox's zcip was missing a patch from 378_4950, preventing it from working (and in turn preventing igmpproxy from working for people with PPPoE connections where their modem does not provide any DHCP lease to the physical WAN interface)

• FIXED: Busybox's zcip was missing a patch from 378_4950, preventing it from working (and in turn preventing igmpproxy from working for people with PPPoE connections where their modem does not provide any DHCP lease to the physical WAN interface)

I can also confirm IPTV (IGMPPROXY) now working on RT-AC87U with Plusnet TV in UK

Thanks Merlin for the fix, all your efforts and a great firmware.

9l means it's using channel 9+11 (l = lower).

The Wireless Log is the actual report coming straight from the wireless driver, so it reports what it's actually using.

BTW, channel 13 is only available in very few regions, such as Japan...
THX for reply.
About channel 13. I live in Poland and i can select this channel without problems. I use this becouse other channel is busy.

When setting samba shares there's a option to hide the disk names (like when you have only one share for instance) but didn't change the share behaviour. Anyone else notice the same?
i have set "Simpler share naming (without the disk name)" and for me work ok, i not see disk name

I'm not able to upload... I get a message that the file format is invalid (378.54_1). I have a RC-AC87U and I'm upgrading from 378.53

Any ideas? I downloaded with Firefox... and the ZIP file seems intact. The firmware file used:

RT-AC87U_378.54_1.trx

ALL: I'm doing a "soft release" for 378.54_2, so you guys can have a shot at them. If all goes well, I will "officially" publish them in their usual location a day or two.

Grab them from here for now: http://www.mediafire.com/?bj94sbhrh7e49

Changes:
  • FIXED: The exported opvn config for clients had the incorrect port value.

Hi Merlin, and thanks for another great fix coming from you. Is this for RT-AC68U as well?

Hi Merlin, and thanks for another great fix coming from you. Is this for RT-AC68U as well?
Click the link and you will see all the models its for. The AC68 file is there too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.