What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.54_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the 3200 driver has changed at this beta?

I tought the changes was only some fixes and soer other stuffs

Asus switched to a new SDK in 378_6xxxx. Since they haven't released any GPL source code for the RT-AC3200's 6xxx builds, I'm still with the 4980 SDK+driver.

I use HDCP but half off the CLIENTs says STATIC why is that????o_O

I am wondering if the Traffic Analyzer - Traffic Statistic - Display for: Apps will ever be fix?

The only information that is working is for "All Clients" but when selecting particular app from the drop box the hourly/daily/monthly shows nothing while the pie chart shows the info for 5 most used apps.

Hello,

Is there now an option to crank up te voltage for the wifi signal. I'm asking because my house is a conrete build.

The wifi coverage is not that good because of the concrete.

now an option to crank up te voltage for the wifi signal
There is option to change wifi signal strength through driver, I believe that will cause change of voltage.
But you should consider buying new wifi antenna with better amplification and signal pattern.

If I do a scan on AiProtection - Router Security Assessment, I got default router password changed: "No", despite I have changed it, why so? bug?

If I do a scan on AiProtection - Router Security Assessment, I got default router password changed: "No", despite I have changed it, why so? bug?
As far as I know it's a known bug that Asus has already fixed in their internal builds and which won't exist in the next official firmware anymore.

The security scan is checking both user name and password, so if you leave the default user name as "admin" it will be flagged

Unfortunately whilst igmpproxy now starts correctly on a PPOE connect following the latest fix IPTV is still not working correctly for me with BT Youview, anyone else tested to see if IPTV is now working on a PPOE connection?

Unfortunately whilst igmpproxy now starts correctly on a PPOE connect following the latest fix IPTV is still not working correctly for me with BT Youview, anyone else tested to see if IPTV is now working on a PPOE connection?

Two Plusnet TV confirmed it was working for them, so the firmware end of things should be OK now.

Make sure you do disable the VPN+DHCP setting on your WAN page.

If I not using USB3 at all on my AC3200, will I gain any benefit by disabling the Reducing USB3 Interference toggle?
None.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Just flashed 378.54_2 on my AC66u and reformatted the JFFS partition after that. When the router was done rebooting, I noticed lines like these in my syslog:

Code:
Jan  1 01:00:34 kernel: Erase at 0x01360000 failed immediately: errno -5

I tried reformatting again, but it still throws out this error. The JFFS is formatted correctly though.

Is this harmless or is there something wrong with my router?

I am wondering if the Traffic Analyzer - Traffic Statistic - Display for: Apps will ever be fix?

The only information that is working is for "All Clients" but when selecting particular app from the drop box the hourly/daily/monthly shows nothing while the pie chart shows the info for 5 most used apps.
I do not use that feature as it automatically disables flow acceleration.

I know this might be a dead horse . 54.2 does not build dlna movie databae . it stops after a few. I ran check disk, checked the files. Ended up reverting to 53.1 on my ac87

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thanks Eric, what about the interference? Is it a big issue in case I decide to use USB3. The related posts I found regarding this matter was quite old, it was fixed and using USB3 it's acceptable?

Since enabling that option does nothing more than downgrade the USB 3.0 port to USB 2, might as well plug the USB disk directly to the USB 2.0 port - less likely to run into compatibility issues, as many devices don't like it when the USB port is forced back to USB 2.0 mode.

Just flashed 378.54_2 on my AC66u and reformatted the JFFS partition after that. When the router was done rebooting, I noticed lines like these in my syslog:

Code:
Jan  1 01:00:34 kernel: Erase at 0x01360000 failed immediately: errno -5

I tried reformatting again, but it still throws out this error. The JFFS is formatted correctly though.

Is this harmless or is there something wrong with my router?

Sounds like a bad sector I suspect. It's not uncommon with that type of flash - the controller should in theory automatically handle it, mapping the block out.

Sounds like a bad sector I suspect. It's not uncommon with that type of flash - the controller should in theory automatically handle it, mapping the block out.

Thanks for the answer. Seems weird as this router is barely a year old.

Should I be worried about this popping up every time I format the JFFS? I thought the flash was graded for 100000 writes, which is why JFFS was enabled by default. I don't do any frequent writes to it, besides the occasional reformat after a firmware flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!