What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 beta 2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone having an issue with this causing PC's to wake up with no reason ?

Not sure if it is this or the BIOS I put on around the same time.

Both my AC68's are running this.

Last edited:
One thing i noticed with this beta is Adaptive QoS -> Web History is not showing any records , Is it happening only for me ?

No, but I manually rebooted the router.

OK this is strange. Both the iPhone 4 and the PSP successfully connected to the network just now. My iPhone 5 and iPad Air 2 had no problems connecting to the network when the iPhone 4 and PSP had problems. Hopefully they'll stay connected.
Very common on iDevices to have to "forget the network" and rejoin or reset network settings to correct weird wifi issues. Have seen that solve max 2mb download issue ( over a 500mb connection) as well. As soon as doing it gets a 30/30 again on 2.4 ghz band.

Thank Merlin. I basically copied and pasted his post and created a text file so I could just copy and paste into PuTTy.
The thanks was for you, the last Thank You!! was for merlin.
Sorry for the confusion.

I had a strange problem I have not seen in a long time
my iPhone 6+ with IOS 9 beta (problem did not occur with the asus beta builds) 5GHz
I have my media player by ethernet
I was having a very hard time controlling the media player with its IOS app, it kept losing sync with it, I tried to cycle wifi on my iPhone but the same problem after the phone goes to sleep for ~5 minutes or more.
I rebooted the router and the same problem.
Its weird as I did not notice this after a flash to this build.
Back to Asus beta builds:(
EDIT: I don't know what is going on, but latest Asus beta is the same, so I am going to separate the bands, and try 2.4 on asus beta and test from there. It could very well be IOS 9, I'll report this to apple.

Last edited:
One thing i noticed with this beta is Adaptive QoS -> Web History is not showing any records , Is it happening only for me ?

Im on a RT-AC87U and have no problem with that on the last 378.55_Beta2.

My gf just told me tonight that time machine hasn't been working on her Mac since 6/11. That coincides with my upgrade to 378.54_2. I noticed in the changelog for 3.0.0.4.378.6975, it says "Fixed USB HDD issue when using time machine." @RMerlin, you mentioned possibly backporting specific fixes in the beta 1 thread. Any chance of doing that for this fix?

My gf just told me tonight that time machine hasn't been working on her Mac since 6/11. That coincides with my upgrade to 378.54_2. I noticed in the changelog for 3.0.0.4.378.6975, it says "Fixed USB HDD issue when using time machine." @RMerlin, you mentioned possibly backporting specific fixes in the beta 1 thread. Any chance of doing that for this fix?

No, as I have no idea what the fix would be amongst the thousands of line changes, nor would I have any way of testing it.

Anyone else having a problem with the Internet connection on the 2.4Ghz wireless on the AC87u?

So basically I've only seen this on my Windows laptops on the 2.4Ghz wifi (I've disabled 5Ghz for the time being), and every now and then it's says "No internet connection", but the wireless connection itself is still up (it also then can't communicate with any other device in the network). After a minute or so it works again. Can be pretty annoying when I need to use a VPN which keeps dropping. Also, my girlfriends laptop seems to have the issue more often than mine for some reason...

I can't find anything in the logs and connecting via cable works perfectly....

Don't recall having this problem with merlin-stable build...

FYI, my SSID is hidden if that makes any difference

Last edited:
Change the SSID to non hidden and test.

(After changing that setting in the router, make sure you forget and then re-associate each client again to the router).

Is there any resolution to this issue:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/as...eta-is-now-available.25601/page-7#post-191792

Simply put, smartsync to LAN ftp does not work, says it does, nothing in local folder.

19878788121_dec60d82fc_o.png

19685806448_6452044686_o.png

19252922693_e6b419844c_o.png

I know it used to work in 378.54 but I think it was during beta it stopped working.

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 Beta 2 is now available for all supported models.

See this thread for the details on Beta 1: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-55-beta-is-now-available.25601/unread

Changes since Beta 1:
Code:
   - CHANGED: Updated dnsmasq to 2.73 RC9 (backport from GPL 6975)
   - CHANGED: Updated odhcp6c to newer version (backport from GPL 6975)
   - CHANGED: Updated openssl to 1.0.2d (fixes CVE-2015-1793, only present
              in Beta 1 - 54_2 was not affected)
   - CHANGED: Display existing key/certs on the OpenVPN pages once
              they've been migrated to JFFS.
   - FIXED: Time scheduler-related features (Parental Control & Wifi
            scheduler) were broken (backported fix from Asus's GPL 6975)
            (beta 1 regression)
   - FIXED: QTN firmware was still being copied to RAM rather than rely
            on the symlink to flash added in Beta 1, to save 4 MB of RAM.
            (AC87U)
   - FIXED: Dropbox cloud sync would fail on some setups (backport
            from GPL 6975)
   - FIXED: Entware-setup script would generate an invalid services-start
            script
   - FIXED: Duplicate zoneedit entry on the DDNS service list.

In addition, the wireless driver was updated for the RT-AC68U (from GPL 6975 - Asus forgot to include it in the 6117 GPL) and RT-AC56U (from GPL 6117). Please confirm there are no new major issues with this driver update (as usual I'm not interested in feedback regarding speed/range, as this is always conflicting as it depends on each user's specific environment, and a 2-3% difference can easily amount to be within the typical wifi variation).

I need the OpenVPN key/certificate management to be tested, to ensure that the code I wrote to allow the webui to still manage the certificates even after their JFFS migration does work properly.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

RMerlin I would like to thank you for all the great work you are doing. I just switched from RT-N66U to RT-AC87R. So far it has been running rock solid. The only issue I see is that one of my usb drives is not spinning down (USB 2.0)Another drive connected to 3.0 spins downdown just fine. I didnt have this problem on my RT66. What could be causing this?

Not a single line of code was changed.
Crap! Doesn't anyone use USB printer-sharing with their router? I understand that there are wifi-capable printers available, but as someone who has 4 old working ink-jet printers and a working laserjet printer, I really can't afford to buy yet another printer just for the network capability; especially if third-party router firmwares as well as OEM-firmware allows for printer-share w/USB. It's a major drawback for me with your custom firmware; as great as it is, I have to change the entire network setup again and install a different firmware on my Asus RT-AC56U router.

I had a strange problem I have not seen in a long time
my iPhone 6+ with IOS 9 beta (problem did not occur with the asus beta builds) 5GHz
I have my media player by ethernet
I was having a very hard time controlling the media player with its IOS app, it kept losing sync with it, I tried to cycle wifi on my iPhone but the same problem after the phone goes to sleep for ~5 minutes or more.
I rebooted the router and the same problem.
Its weird as I did not notice this after a flash to this build.
Back to Asus beta builds:(
EDIT: I don't know what is going on, but latest Asus beta is the same, so I am going to separate the bands, and try 2.4 on asus beta and test from there. It could very well be IOS 9, I'll report this to apple.

Running betas on betas? You might as well not report it at all until you're on at least one end that is non-beta. Developers have enough wild goose chases already!

Crap! Doesn't anyone use USB printer-sharing with their router? I understand that there are wifi-capable printers available, but as someone who has 4 old working ink-jet printers and a working laserjet printer, I really can't afford to buy yet another printer just for the network capability; especially if third-party router firmwares as well as OEM-firmware allows for printer-share w/USB. It's a major drawback for me with your custom firmware; as great as it is, I have to change the entire network setup again and install a different firmware on my Asus RT-AC56U router.
Have you considered buying a separated print server?

It won't solve your problem at the router-level, but they are fairly cheap and would remove dependency from it.

Have you considered buying a separated print server?

It won't solve your problem at the router-level, but they are fairly cheap and would remove dependency from it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've looked at those in the past--a while ago, I must admit--IIRC, they have certain requirements, or can they work with any USB printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.