What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update failed here too, N66U. I have tried with Microsoft Edge and Chrome, both same result. AC68U was updated without problems.

Update 1: It worked after a small reboot of the n66u, done from web interface.

Had to reset to factory defaults after upgrading. Wireless didn't come back up and when I tried the wired connection it wouldn't get a DHCP address coming from 378.54_2.
Similar problem with a N66U. Wireless is up and my mobile connects but it gives an error of limited connectivity. This occurs with this and previous firmware versions.

You probably just needed to do a power cycle - same thing happened here when I tested the build.
Yeah, I had power cycled it multiple times before I decided to do a factory reset. Not sure if this is a similar issue to what happened with the first build of 378.54?

Hi,

I have some strange readings in my Traffic Monitor. I did also see this on the 378.55 Beta 2, same problem on AC68U and AC87U

Attachments

• TM.jpg
    TM.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 850
First major problem with Merlin build and my router crash !

RT-AC3200, install the 378.55 and can't connect to Wifi and to 192.168.1.1 with ethernet cable.

I try the recovery tool... nothing work's !!!! HELP !

what is the default address is 192.168.1.1 ?

Last edited:
I guess something is wrong with this new firmware.
I have RT-AC56U, flashed from previous merlin fw, it updated OK, but I cannot login anymore using latest firefox (39.0), after entering login/pass it shows same login page again. Impossible to log in :(
This new firmware login works with latest IceDragon 38.0.5 (it is browser based on firefox) and on Maxthon Browser 3.1.2, but sadly not on latest firefox, which is my main browser. I tried to clear cache, same thing. Impossible to log in.

Other highly annoying thing is that login/pass cannot be remembered anymore (I know, security bla bla bla), but I cannot even copy password into password field anymore. It allows only manual input by typing it by hand., which to me feels like wasting X amount of my daily life when I want to log in as I dont want to use trivial password(s) as its also used for SSH access to my router from internet.

p.s. And woow, just noticed Traffic monitor shows total nonsense with this new fw - WAN traffic sky rocketing - incrases by few GB every few seconds, which even theoreticly cannot be true. My connection is idling.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have some strange readings in my Traffic Monitor. I did also see this on the 378.55 Beta 2, same problem on AC68U and AC87U

I have the exact same problem on my 87U, which I reported in the 55 beta 2 thread. Merlin says he reported the issue to Asus a while back, but they haven't fixed it.

I have the exact same problem on my 87U, which I reported in the 55 beta 2 thread. Merlin says he reported the issue to Asus a while back, but they haven't fixed it.

Thank you very much :)

First major problem with Merlin build and my router crash !

RT-AC3200, install the 378.55 and can't connect to Wifi and to 192.168.1.1 with ethernet cable.

I try the recovery tool... nothing work's !!!! HELP !

what is the default address is 192.168.1.1 ?

Turn off router
Press and hold WPS
Turn router on
Wait 10 seconds while holding WPS
Release WPS and wait for the router to fully boot up

I guess something is wrong with this new firmware.
I have RT-AC56U, flashed from previous merlin fw, it updated OK, but I cannot login anymore using latest firefox (39.0), after entering login/pass it shows same login page again. Impossible to log in :(
This new firmware login works with latest IceDragon 38.0.5 (it is browser based on firefox) and on Maxthon Browser 3.1.2, but sadly not on latest firefox, which is my main browser. I tried to clear cache, same thing. Impossible to log in.

Other highly annoying thing is that login/pass cannot be remembered anymore (I know, security bla bla bla), but I cannot even copy password into password field anymore. It allows only manual input by typing it by hand., which to me feels like wasting X amount of my daily life when I want to log in as I dont want to use trivial password(s) as its also used for SSH access to my router from internet.

p.s. And woow, just noticed Traffic monitor shows total nonsense with this new fw - WAN traffic sky rocketing - incrases by few GB every few seconds, which even theoreticly cannot be true. My connection is idling.

Strange i m on 55 using 39 with a clean update .
Try clearing your firefox

I read somewhere that traffics monitor is broken from asus side and i guess was fixed in 7177

Just updated my RT-AC68U running in Bridge-Mode and i'm getting my AFP shares again in OSX!! That's pretty cool!! That was broken for a looooooong time...... :)

FWIW, N66W and Firefox 39.0 updated & restarted flawlessly here, without factory reset or even a power cycle. Thx Merlin.

I just upgraded to this build. I see that wireless scheduling broke and was fixed again in the beta2 release, though in this release it appears to be broken again. The new scheduling grid doesn't reflect the existing schedule (scheduling is enabled under "Professional" settings, but the entire grid is set for "allow"). Using the grid to "deny" the appropriate times and saving doesn't appear to save. Upon reload the grid it is all enabled again.

RT-N66U

The grid works as expected for me and remembers its settings over a power cycle. This is on an RT-AC87U.

Just updated my RT-AC87U using firefox browser and so far no issue. Now I can see my WPA Pre-Shared Key at all times. Thanks for the new firmware update.

No issues updateing NT66U via chrome on windows 8.1 everything working ok so far.. now installing entware...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!