What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT-N66U just updated to 378.55.0 from previous stable release (378.54.2) that was working fine, including a hosts.add file in JFFS. All seems OK except jffs folder is empty and is "file system read-only" to SSH access. Web interface shows in Tools - System Information/Internal Storage that JFFS is unmounted

Have run Format JFFS partition and re-booted a couple of times since update.

Any suggestions as to where to go from here?
TIA

Later:
Have now (once again) run power-off restart, formated JFFS partition and re-booted. JFFS now mounting, configs etc. folders now available. Just need to re-create hosts.add file.

Last edited:
In the changelog I see no mention about a new WiFi driver that was introduced in Beta 2 for AC68. Did you forget it or you switched back to the old driver?

Hi guys,

I am currently running an AC68u as router and an AC66U as access point.
Both are upgraded to the latest 55.0 release.
As I was clicking around a bit, I noticed some strange behaviour on both units.

-AC68U

After upgrading the client list no longer shows the devices connected to my AC66U access point trough wifi. Devices connected through the LAN ports show up just fine.
The client list worked flawless on 54.2

-AC66U

After upgrading I am no longer able to choose the channel number on the 5GHz.
The main channel automatically switched from ch. 52 to ch. 36 after the upgrade.
Trying to apply another channel leads to nothing.
Doesn't matter if I use auto mode, n mode or n+ac. After pressing apply all 5GHz settings are set back to bandwith 20/40/80 and channel auto.

On both units I did a factory reset and nothing helped. Going back to release 54.2 solves the issues. These issues are just small things. But I thought it would be worth reporting.

Thanks for all your efforts Merlin.

Nice release, thank you Merlin; reporting no problems here with RT AC3200, with some 34 clients attached, including OpenVPN.

As many others have suggested before, here is a routine that seems to work: Before installing new firmware, reboot router from browser; then disconnect any attached drives, first from software using router network page then physically pulling USB cables from router; then install new firmware, waiting for soft reboot to complete; then unplug router from power mains for 30 seconds; reconnect power, wait for reboot to complete, reconnect previously disconnected drives after reboot; be patient.

Enjoy the new firmware.

Best to all/

DDNS isn't resolving and the icons are no longer green when on?

See screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 8.36.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 8.36.06 PM.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 852
In the changelog I see no mention about a new WiFi driver that was introduced in Beta 2 for AC68. Did you forget it or you switched back to the old driver?

I don't specifically document every single closed-source binary updates. The GPL 6975 driver is used for the AC68U.

DDNS isn't resolving and the icons are no longer green when on?

See screen shot.

You have something preventing the page from fully loading - most likely an invalid SSID or client name containing a non alphanumeric character.

Hi Friends,

I just purchased an Asus RT-N66U. I've been a DD-WRT user from my previous routers (a Linksys WRT54G, the spaceship type...and the Asus N13U-B1). Usually when I buy a new router I just run it with the default firmware that came with it. In this case, I decided to try out ASUSWRT-Merlin. So far so good, and flashing was relatively easier compared to my experience with DD-WRT.

I created an account just to say that ASUSWRT-Merlin is a nicely done piece of work. Thank you!

so while updating to the new firmware i accidentally hit the space bar and refreshed my page while updating the firmware. it was halfway through and the page showed the newest one. I then reupdated the firmware properly. everything seems to be running fine but is that fine for the router? no damage should be caused by this? i know people will say well do you notice anything? i don't notice anything different, it all seems good but should i do a full reset and set up from scratch or should i be fine and the router shouldn't be affected negatively?

Am using 378.55_beta2 on my asus rtn-66r, its been quite stable(my net connection, had lot.of wan disconnects earlier) , should i upgrade to 378.55 (and take risk of issues cropping up) or let it run on the beta2?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

I upgraded to this build too, in the process I had to patch /release/src/router/rc/qos.c to re-enable traditional QoS for IPv6 and build it myself. Below is the small patch I used:
Code:
--- a/release/src/router/rc/qos.c
+++ b/release/src/router/rc/qos.c
@@ -168,9 +168,6 @@ int add_iQosRules(char *pcWANIF)

if(pcWANIF == NULL || nvram_get_int("qos_enable") != 1 || nvram_get_int("qos_type") != 0) return -1;
        if((fn = fopen(mangle_fn, "w")) == NULL) return -2;
+#ifdef RTCONFIG_IPV6
+       if(ipv6_enabled() && (fn_ipv6 = fopen(mangle_fn_ipv6, "w")) == NULL) return -3;
+#endif

inuse = sticky_enable = 0;
Asus for some reason removed this and the file was not being opened to accept input, I just reverted that bit they changed in the recent GPL merge. No other issues encountered at this time.

Regarding OpenVPN Advanced Settings I noticed that the Allowed Clients in the list are not persitently saved when I stopp (OFF) and start (ON). Why this ?

Uhm... how do I use a manual DNS with this firmware? I came from the fork, and it looks different now.

EDIT: I did a reset and it solved it. Some problem in switching FW I guess.

Last edited:
Hi,

I do have some strange problem/bug. I do have couple of computers i had assigned static ip addresses(on the interface)
They are not shown in my AC87U Client list, or in the traffic analyzer - statistic and not in the Adaptive QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor.

The computers are outside the IP Range in my DHCP server on my AC87U.
Any idea?

EDIT 1: After a reboot of my router the bug is gone. My router was running for 18 hours so i report back if the same happens again.

Thanks

Last edited:
Okay, so if I upgrade to 378-55 I can no longer use a program like "Lastpass" to prefill my login credentials. Is that a true statement?

Hi guys, I have RT-AC66U
PPPoE over WiFi connection don't work, while working fine over LAN connection. The log is:
pppoe-relay[8294]: PADI packet from 7x:c3:a1:xx:xx:xx on interface eth0 not permitted. Any idea? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!