What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The web interface hang after a few days, does anyone know what is the issue? I am using Chrome, and have tried other browser , IE, Firefox but all the same.

Try looking in Chrome's Developer Tools. Are there resource loading errors? JavaScript errors? Broken HTML?

Then start a thread to discuss it.

I just switched from RT-N66R to RT-AC87U using this latest firmware 378.55. I have two drives attached to the router and have spindown enabled. For some unknown reason only one drive (usb3.0) spins down and the in 2.0 doest. Any idea why?
How do you enable the spin down? I'm a noob and i have no idea!!

I might do some tweaks to the actual login page itself such as re-enable pasting to it (not sure why they went that far in tightening down security on that page), but since Asus is still actively making changes to that page, I want to wait for it to stabilize before I start tweaking it any further.

I probably log into my router more often than 95% of the people here, and I don't find it a problem.
RMerlin!
Enable stores in browser username and password on login page please.
It is not same as http://username:password@hostname and more secure then plain text auth.

Last edited:
I dont understand what is happening with the AC68U... seems like after attaching a usb 3.0 2 TB WD Ext HDD the router goes into a reboot loop and i get notifications that there was a DHCP failure. I'm attaching the syslog as honestly i am unable to see what the problem is. I would be very thankful if someone could take a look and help me out. I also should point out that asus support has been most hostile in this regard.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    283.6 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:
I don't know what caused it but the router went into a boot loop and dhcp failure. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I experienced the 5Ghz problem now... after several days all 5Ghz connections slows down to a crawl and basically does not work until I restart the AC87U. Is that the problem as we know it?

I think I experienced the 5Ghz problem now... after several days all 5Ghz connections slows down to a crawl and basically does not work until I restart the AC87U. Is that the problem as we know it?
Am probably having the same problem, occasional 5 gigahertz slowdowns until a Merlin router reboot. However since Merlin does NOT write the code that directly operates the WiFi radios at a low level (it's Asus code), and Merlin is always going to use basically the latest Asus drivers in any Merlin release, there really is no point in telling Merlin about this kind of problem. I.e. Merlin is going to change the low level driver on a schedule that is not dependent on whether or not a few of us have occasional 5 gigahertz troubles.

The thing to do if you don't like current Merlin radio drivers is to wait for a new Merlin release, or change the firmware to (a) some earlier Merlin release or (b) DD-WRT or indeed stock Asus firmware (which is always going to have the very latest Asus drivers).

Am probably having the same problem, occasional 5 gigahertz slowdowns until a Merlin router reboot. However since Merlin does NOT write the code that directly operates the WiFi radios at a low level (it's Asus code), and Merlin is always going to use basically the latest Asus drivers in any Merlin release, there really is no point in telling Merlin about this kind of problem. I.e. Merlin is going to change the low level driver on a schedule that is not dependent on whether or not a few of us have occasional 5 gigahertz troubles.

The thing to do if you don't like current Merlin radio drivers is to wait for a new Merlin release, or change the firmware to (a) some earlier Merlin release or (b) DD-WRT or indeed stock Asus firmware (which is always going to have the very latest Asus drivers).

Not really pointing out an error, more like I'm asking if my problem is the known 5Ghz problem. I know Asus is trying hard to fix it, so Merlins FW will include the fixes sooner or later.

Quantenna expects to have a new SDK in mid-August, which resolves the root cause of most of those 5 GHz issues. After that it will take time for Asus to get that SDK, integrate it, test it, etc... so I wouldn't expect a new AC87U release until September or October.

Same thing happens to me after 5 to 7 days. Most all my devices are on the 5Ghz band. I'm on 378.55 with my RT-AC87U.

Quantenna expects to have a new SDK in mid-August, which resolves the root cause of most of those 5 GHz issues. After that it will take time for Asus to get that SDK, integrate it, test it, etc... so I wouldn't expect a new AC87U release until September or October.

All good things come to those who waits... ;-)

I can switch to 2,4Ghz, but a reboot is quick, so I can manage for now.

Hello Folks,

not sure if this is the right way to publish my issue. But here we go:

I updatet my ASUS RT-87 to Merlin 378.55 like two weeks ago. It´s my first attempt to use Merlin - so I´m kinda nooby here. Nevertheless, I´m experiencing a completely frozen RT-87U sometimes. First of all I saw (and felt) that the RT is getting now much hotter than before (stock firmware). Is there some kind of overclocking going on in Merlin by default?
To overcome the issue with the frozen router I setup a CRON job rebooting it every night at 4am. The reboot works, but still the router freezes spontaneous after ~12 hours of operation. Not every day but like every 2nd or 3rd day.

Is this a known issue?

Are there any known issues with the Second OpenVPN Server using this firmware? Here's my config that has worked before:

OpenVPN Server1 = Works on any port # (used for Split tunneling)
OpenVPN Server2 = Identical config to Server1 except for the Port #. Does not work no matter what port I try (always has on previous firmware versions) and is used to route all traffic through the tunnel.

Thanks in advance for your help
Stach

Thank you for this update. I updated my RT-AC87U three weeks ago and it has been working fine so far.

I think I'm going to try 54 as 55 doesn't seem to work well with me :( Merlin thank you very much for the amazing work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online