What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try forgetting your wireless configuration on your client and reconnecting again.

i also have wireless issue having drop out very frequent after upgrade to 378.55

now revert back to Firmware:378.54_2 on RT-N66U and RT-AC66U and more stable.

client side setting never touch

RT-AC66R .. went from 378.54_1 to 378.55 and I am experiencing Wi-Fi issues only on the 2.4 GHz band. Devices will either be connected but not able to access the Internet, or will drop connection and not be able to connect, ensuring the WPA2-PSK password is correct.
I seem to be having the same problem on my RT-AC66U in AP mode (connected to an RT-AC87U). However on the RT-AC66U I can connect to the 2.4 GHz band on the guest network and get access to the internet. Running merlin-378-55 on both.

I'll have to see if I can actually reproduce the issue. Could be a bug in the code that checks for the presence of an existing certificate, and causes a buffer overrun. That's the only explanation I could see for a kernel panic to occur there.
It wasn't directly but as soon as I added the spaces and saved I saw jffs corruption messages which seemed to have led to the panic. twice..

The wiki article should probably simply be taken down by now, since both Asus and I are no longer storing certificates in nvram. This article will simply confuse a lot of users out there.
Yep. I've deleted it...

In any case, I suppose I'll just have to think of something else when it comes to being able to "conveniently" wake my computer up via WOL. If only Microsoft would implement native WOL capabilities in their damn remote desktop app! :rolleyes:
So why not go back to a version before the new login change? If you dont really care about security then any security fixes in the new builds would be of no benefit to you. Also the "pretty" GUI changes while are nice are not really necessary either. I am using Johns fork on an AC66 and it works very well, has most of the security and other changes backported from Merlins newer builds and the wireless connectivity and throughput is better for me with this version on the AC66. Merlin 378.54 I believe is before the new login process so perhaps that is your answer.

Oh and plain text does not mean people seeing it on your device after getting into it. It is how its transmitted across the interwebz. :)

Upgraded from 378.54_2 and am getting the DLNA server going down about an hour after setting it up. I didn't see this on the previous version, but please let me know if this is a known issue. Here is my system log at the time the server goes down.

Code:
Jul 21 22:44:39 kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow
Jul 21 23:00:36 disk_monitor: Got SIGALRM...
Jul 22 00:01:54 kernel: net_ratelimit: 111 callbacks suppressed
Jul 22 00:01:54 kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow

EDIT: Sorry, '68P

Last edited:
Thank you for making this firmware, Merlin. I am relatively new to it, but it's a fine job from what I can see.

A minor issue I have is that I issue static IPs (Manually Assigned IP section) in the 192.168.2.0 block. DHCP issues from the 192.168.1.0. The issue I have is that new client list page only includes 192.168.1.0/24 clients. LAN subnet mask is 255.255.0.0.

AC66U in media bridge against AC88U still not working. If I use DD-WRT on 66U and Merlin on 88U it's working.
Please help as I want Merlin on both. :)

AC66U in media bridge against AC88U still not working. If I use DD-WRT on 66U and Merlin on 88U it's working.
Please help as I want Merlin on both. :)

You need to start a separate thread and include relevant specifics of your issue.

Also, make sure you are discussing the Asus routers that RMerlin supports currently too. ;)

Asus RT-AC66U
I'm having issues with port forwarding on the new .55 version, it removed all my port forwards and will not allow me to create any new ones. I hit add, then save/apply it goes through the normal process then reloads the page and NO port forwards are there, anyone else seeing this?

...the extreme hassle the new login creates.

I also use WOL to start computers remotely.

There has to be a way to disable it and revert back to the old login type. Does anyone know a hack?
Secure shell SSH login is supported (for example using XShell4 as a windows SSH client) if you enable such access in the Merlin router Administration menus. Which while not getting you to the nice user interface web pages, will at least get you to a Linux prompt without going through the "new" Asus login.

I also use WOL to start computers remotely.

There has to be a way to disable it and revert back to the old login type. Does anyone know a hack?

ssh is you friend. you can setup scripts to do WOL from shell and either logon with putty to execute a script or add a "adter logon" command to putty to do it in one click.

WOL:
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/WOL-Script-Wake-Up-Your-Webserver-On-Internet-Traffic

PUTTY CMD.
http://superuser.com/questions/587629/putty-run-a-remote-command-after-login-keep-the-shell-running

Asus RT-AC66U, with two Asus EA-N66 in Extender mode here.
Everything working fine so far with 378.55 firmware. :D:D

Not sure, I suspect it's related either to IPv6, or to TrendMicro's kernel modules. The error message is too vague to be of any help in tracking it down at this time.
Disabling the trendmicro traffic a nalyzer stats stops the errors. Also disables the feature. <sigh>

As I've already said, it's not a few lines of code and some HTML code - the backend code had to be modified in the httpd daemon. If you want to switch back to Basic Authentication, you will have to rewrite all this code in the httpd daemon.

Personally, this is the last I will discuss of this. I've already said everything I had to say on this particular topic, and I'm only repeating myself by now.

Thank you for making this firmware, Merlin. I am relatively new to it, but it's a fine job from what I can see.

A minor issue I have is that I issue static IPs (Manually Assigned IP section) in the 192.168.2.0 block. DHCP issues from the 192.168.1.0. The issue I have is that new client list page only includes 192.168.1.0/24 clients. LAN subnet mask is 255.255.0.0.

The networkmap only scans for a /24, it won't scan for a /16. Changing this would require some architectural changes to how networkmap works.

Asus RT-AC66U
I'm having issues with port forwarding on the new .55 version, it removed all my port forwards and will not allow me to create any new ones. I hit add, then save/apply it goes through the normal process then reloads the page and NO port forwards are there, anyone else seeing this?

Works for me. Make sure you enable port forwarding at the top and that you don't use any non-alphanumeric in the Service Name.

Disabling the trendmicro traffic a nalyzer stats stops the errors. Also disables the feature. <sigh>

We'll have to see if the next version of the engine will fix it.

Personally I just ignore the messages.

It wasn't directly but as soon as I added the spaces and saved I saw jffs corruption messages which seemed to have led to the panic. twice..

Maybe your jffs2 partition is corrupted. Try making a backup of its content (if you have anything of value there), and reformat it (from Administration -> System).

You must save your settings before you enable/disable an OpenVPN instance. See the warning right next to the On/Off switch.
Thanks for the answer but I don't get it. I was talking about the Server 1, Advanced Settings. I don't have any warning around the ON/OFF and I cannot access to the Advanced Settings without enabling it first. I am really confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!