What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't just post a question... when you go through this thread you will find the answer about 10 times. Also, reading the changelog does miracles...
Yes i know that it says that high ram usage is normal for this release but i was not sure if that meant when the router cpu usage was higher or just as it is now i guess your reply gives me that answer ie its normal even when its idle thanks

so will 378.56 be based on 6975 or will you be waiting for a stable 7xxx (or later) release?

Waiting on a stable release. Too many bugs in 6975, and Asus is making a ton of changes lately, with the addition of Key Guard, Bandwidth limiter, ability to block clients from the networkmap, detection of manufacturers on the networkmap, and a couple of other things they told me was currently underway.

install this other day all looks good like the new layout, and the bug that would "4" wired devices where there only 2 only actual listed is actual fixed

Maximum number of concurrent DNS queries reached (max: 150)

Been seeing that for few versions now, anyway to increase that?

Check the dnsmasq documentation, and provide an appropriate dnsmasq.add or dnsmasq.postconf to adjust it.

Waiting on a stable release. Too many bugs in 6975, and Asus is making a ton of changes lately, with the addition of Key Guard, Bandwidth limiter, ability to block clients from the networkmap, detection of manufacturers on the networkmap, and a couple of other things they told me was currently underway.
Are we talking about weeks or months for ETA?

Is anyone else getting an overheating issue with this new update?

Legend: 2.4 GHz - 5 GHz - CPU
Current Temperatures: 46 °C - 67 °C - 82 °C

Again I will post this (for the 4th time), to hopefully get an answer!

Is there any resolution to this issue:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/as...eta-is-now-available.25601/page-7#post-191792

Simply put, smartsync to ftp to LAN does not work, says it does, but nothing is in the local FTP folder on the LAN machine.

19878788121_dec60d82fc_o.png

19685806448_6452044686_o.png

19252922693_e6b419844c_o.png

I know it used to work in 378.54 but I think it was during beta it stopped working, to current version.

Just upgraded my ac56u from the previous version of merlin`s firmware ive noticed that the ram usage it fair bit higher compared to the previous version currently 122mb of ram being used despite the router cpu being at 0% is this normal or should i be worried thanks

You should be worried about not reading the changelog.

- CHANGED: No longer regularly flush caches from memory on ARM
router. This will mean a lower amount of free memory is
shown, however that memory gets freed whenever something
actually needs it, so this is normal. (ARM)​

I have to maintain ~ 20 RT-N66U/AC68U routers.
Missing password saving feature is a "deal" breaker for me.

Netflix does not work for me with AC87U, this FW and Unblock-Us smart DNS. The very same setup works with AC68U. What gives?

Are we talking about weeks or months for ETA?

Unlikely to be just 2-3 weeks, as just merging + testing a new release takes about two weeks. How long that will take will depend on how long it will take Asus to release a stable GPL, and how much work will be involved in merging + debugging + testing it.

It will happen when it happens.

Using RT-AC68U I've downgraded back to 378.54_2 more stable. This new version I have too many WiFi drops. Much appreciate the update and all your work.

Hi Merlin, I reset the firmware to the default values, after the troubles I've encountered and then I manually filled up all the values. Unfortunately in the Adaptive QOS page I am not able to assign the priority as the previous firmware releases. In this case if I try to drag the priority button, all the text is enlightened and I can't able to move the button. Has anyone encountered the same problem as well?

Thanks in advance

Unlikely to be just 2-3 weeks, as just merging + testing a new release takes about two weeks. How long that will take will depend on how long it will take Asus to release a stable GPL, and how much work will be involved in merging + debugging + testing it.

It will happen when it happens.
Thank you. I didn't know anything about Asus development phases nor yours either. So this answer clarifies the situtation well enough for me.

Hi

I've searched for a [HOWTO] flash firmware, but can't seem to find one if there is one.

Looking here:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/
I see a factory reset is necessary, but the language isn't clear on whether I flash first, and then reset, or reset then flash. Also no mention of flashing best practices when coming from different firmware/version. It should be a sticky for Merlin's, as well as stock Asus firmware(s).

I flash once or twice a year, always forget what I did last time, go looking for a definitive [HOWTO] and find nothing. Usually I wind up reading a bunch of posts, often so poorly written that they confuse me. This puts the fear of brick into me. Up to now I've been lucky, or I'm making a mountainous molehill, I should just shut up and flash, but it would be nice to have a step by step guide right at the top of the forum. At a minimum, a step by step for just going from older to newer Merlin might cut down on some comments here. Sorry if I've missed what I'm looking for, please point me in the right direction if I've missed it.

Thanks

Hi

I've searched for a [HOWTO] flash firmware, but can't seem to find one if there is one.

Looking here:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/
I see a factory reset is necessary, but the language isn't clear on whether I flash first, and then reset, or reset then flash. Also no mention of flashing best practices when coming from different firmware/version. It should be a sticky for Merlin's, as well as stock Asus firmware(s).

I flash once or twice a year, always forget what I did last time, go looking for a definitive [HOWTO] and find nothing. Usually I wind up reading a bunch of posts, often so poorly written that they confuse me. This puts the fear of brick into me. Up to now I've been lucky, or I'm making a mountainous molehill, I should just shut up and flash, but it would be nice to have a step by step guide right at the top of the forum. At a minimum, a step by step for just going from older to newer Merlin might cut down on some comments here. Sorry if I've missed what I'm looking for, please point me in the right direction if I've missed it.

Thanks

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/considerable-tethering-performance-loss.25952/#post-193302

and there are many threads that inevitably describe the flash procedure to resolve a particular issue

e.g.
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-n66u-2-4ghz-drops-but-clients-cant-reconnect.24534/#post-193202

Thank you. I didn't know anything about Asus development phases nor yours either. So this answer clarifies the situtation well enough for me.
Keep in mind that RMerlin does this in his spare time. It is a "hobby" with him and not something he is doing in any kind of a time frame.
When it is done is when it is done. Very tiresome to him to have the same when will the next release be ready question.
--bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!