What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Starting with 378.56_2, WebUI can run on a user configurable port <1024? That's a huge step forward IMO. @RMerlin @john9527

The change is only for the ports that were already configurable (which is https, or WAN http). LAN HTTP remains locked on port 80.

Dear RMerlin,
before everything thanks for this new release.

Since this, router log shows the following messages that didn't appear in the previous (378.56) version:

Code:
Nov  3 01:20:04 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Nov  3 01:38:04 kernel: pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Nov  3 04:17:06 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch

Nov  3 09:55:18 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Nov  3 09:55:18 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 10: is non-work-conserving?

Do you have any idea why?
P.S.: I deeply resetted the router after installing 378.56 version; to 378.56_2 I just performed an upgrade.

Thank you!

still problems with asustors EZrouter on this new version, however if you in firewall switch NAT loopback from merlin to asus the problem is gone

Is the best way of factory resetting for the AC87U coming from 378.55 doing it through WebUI after flashing the new firmware or holding buttons while rebooting the device? Or doesn't it have anything to say?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is the best way of factory resetting for the AC87U coming from 378.55 doing it through WebUI after flashing the new firmware or holding buttons while rebooting the device? Or doesn't it have anything to say?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I used to press and hold the reset button til you see the power led start flashing. Then release the reset button. Give the router some time to boot up.

Last edited:
Update to 378.56_2 from 378.56. Still gets randomly booted out of the UI and need to re-logon when accessing the router (AC87U/AC68U) like back in 378.56. This happens even when using hostnames predefined by ASUS (router.asus.com / router)

Update to 378.56_2 from 378.56. Still gets randomly booted out of the UI and need to re-logon when accessing the router (AC87U/AC68U) like back in 378.56. This happens even when using hostnames predefined by ASUS (router.asus.com / router)

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading from 378.55 to 378.56?
A factory reset after every upgrade is probably the best thing to do :)

Last edited:
Just updated from 378.51 - questions about DST settings.... I had to change the end time from 10 month to 11 month 1st Sun. What is the weekday 2 hour mean?

EDIT: never mind. I'm sure it means when to change the clock (2am). Hate when I get brain freeze.

Last edited:

The same thing will probably occur when you click on the SSIDs. If you use the IP address of the router, these problems will go away.

Adding the hostname under the LAN->Device Name as Merlin suggested to me did not resolve the issue, and I am using the IP address as a workaround.

Pablo

I have trouble updating from 378.56 to 378.56_2 any advice?

ikjbSCr.png

Hi, I just tried upgrading my RT-AC68U, but I get the following error: "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of the firmware and try again". I've tried the both Chrome and Firefox, downloaded the file twice from different mirrors, just to be sure. The file name is: "RT-AC68U_378.56_2.trx", so I'm sure I've got the correct file. I'm currently running 378.56_0

I got the same error hardwired to the router, using Chrome and after downloading the firmware from more than one location. I rebooted the router and the upload worked. I've had no issues with this version or 378.56_0.

Dear RMerlin,
before everything thanks for this new release.

Since this, router log shows the following messages that didn't appear in the previous (378.56) version:

Code:
Nov  3 09:55:18 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Nov  3 09:55:18 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 10: is non-work-conserving?
!

Known issue. Unsure what causes it, but that error message doesn't seem to exist in the open source code, so I assume it comes from one of the closed source components, which are outside of my control. I suspect this is tied to using IPv6 with the Trend Micro engine.

still problems with asustors EZrouter on this new version, however if you in firewall switch NAT loopback from merlin to asus the problem is gone

Interesting. I assume it means that the way it tests the forward is what's failing, not the UPnP forwards themselves.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!