What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Known issue. Unsure what causes it, but that error message doesn't seem to exist in the open source code, so I assume it comes from one of the closed source components, which are outside of my control. I suspect this is tied to using IPv6 with the Trend Micro engine.
Hmm, if that's the case I should have seen that output in my logs too as I am using IPv6 and the Trend Micro DPI engine. Unless of course other parameters also play a part, like type of WAN (PPPoE in my case) etc.

Just to follow up on my question regarding the constant logging into the webgui issue with the first .56 in http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-56-is-available.27809/page-17#post-214706

Earlier in this thread (http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-56-is-available.27809/page-17#post-214706) it was proposed to use the ip address instead of the hostname. I have just tried that, then upgraded to .56_2 and I can confirm, that the workaround works on my ac66u.

If I access the webgui using the hostname, however, I can't do anything without the gui throws me right back to the logon screen.

It must be something with the hostname table. Would be nice to have it fixed, but I can live with the ip address solution just fine.

Just want to tell that my issue is now solved.

I removed the off-topic posts from the thread. Please stay on the topic of the 378.56_2 release specifically. Thank you.

Is the samba daemon supposed to be started and running when it is configured off through the gui? There are no shares showing.

AC66R

Hello RMerlin,

Thanks for the last firmware.

Unfortunately, we're still limited with some channels on 2.4. I know that's not related to you but hopefully asus guys are following this topic too.

I had a small issue when I tried to edit devices on "MAC filter list" . Chrome was hanging, I had to kill the httpd. Here's some info regarding this issue.

z3uuDMO.png

Xq87qEm.png

Is the samba daemon supposed to be started and running when it is configured off through the gui? There are no shares showing.

AC66R

Samba is also used to provide Browser Master and WINS features to the LAN.

On my RT-AC68 both 378.56 & 378.56_2 have an issue with showing traffic per IP/device in the Traffic Analyzer/Monitor. Also the traffic snmp counters per interface stopped returning the proper values. I assume they're related. Reverting back to 378.55 restored the functionality of both.

have an issue with showing traffic per IP/device in the Traffic Analyzer/Monitor. Also the traffic snmp counters per interface stopped returning the proper values

I have the same problem but on AC-87U

For accurate traffic accounting you most likely need to disable NAT acceleration. Asus even has a notice about that at the top of the Traffic Monitoring page.

Dear RMerlin,
before everything thanks for this new release.

Since this, router log shows the following messages that didn't appear in the previous (378.56) version:

Code:
Nov  3 01:20:04 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Nov  3 01:38:04 kernel: pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Nov  3 04:17:06 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch

Nov  3 09:55:18 kernel: [truncated] pch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch ==NULL/npch
Nov  3 09:55:18 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 10: is non-work-conserving?

Do you have any idea why?
P.S.: I deeply resetted the router after installing 378.56 version; to 378.56_2 I just performed an upgrade.

Thank you!
Hi,
just tested it and in my router 87U this message is present only if I use OpenVPN server. it is prety anoing + Open VPN server is much slower than in 378_54_2.

I used to press and hold the power button til you see the power led start flashing. Then release the power button. Give the router some time to boot up.
I think you mean WPS button while power on the router ;) until the leds flashing and release WPS

For accurate traffic accounting you most likely need to disable NAT acceleration. Asus even has a notice about that at the top of the Traffic Monitoring page.

Ahh, that was it. .56 re-enabled that setting. Thanks.

I think you mean WPS button while power on the router ;) until the leds flashing and release WPS
Yes you can also use the WPS button.
But you can use the reset button while the router is on :)

Last edited:
I have now installed the firmware 378_5 and I have done a test of speed and gives me 307 megs having contracted with movistar 300 megas.-
Now I installed the 378_6.2 and 266 megs just gives me less than I have hired (300 ) megabytes .
You know because you have to change any option ..
Thank you..

Please try to copy file of size >3Gb over 802.11ac 5GHz. I can`t. Download less then 60% and timeout. Maybe it is a problem of my laptop. Please try.

Please try to copy file of size >3Gb over 802.11ac 5GHz. I can`t. Download less then 60% and timeout. Maybe it is a problem of my laptop. Please try.

You must have a problem elsewhere : I did just copy a 16GB movie from my server to my laptop, checking the copy process being logged into the laptop with Remote Desktop from a third PC.

Is anyone using this release on a device that extends an existing ethernet network? I.E. as an access point? I have two of these in my house, one as a primary router, the other extending the range via ethernet. I read somewhere in the .56 thread that one person had issues with it in that mode. Let me know!

Is anyone using this release on a device that extends an existing ethernet network? I.E. as an access point? I have two of these in my house, one as a primary router, the other extending the range via ethernet. I read somewhere in the .56 thread that one person had issues with it in that mode. Let me know!
My main router is a RT-AC68U and I have a RT-AC66U ethernet connected to it as Access Point. I think this is what you describe.
No issues exept that clients list names that are not synchronized bettween the main router and the AP. That's not a big deal but I wich this list would be synchronized.
One other thing is that when operating in AP the router will not show you the "Switch Control" tab that allow to configure Jumbo Frames and/or Spanning-Tree Protocol, when I think it should...
Other than that all works fine for my setup.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!