What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I checked on the router today and it was still on 378.56_2, I tried to flash 380.57 again (redownloaded it first to make sure the firmware file is not corrupted) but it stayed at 378.56_2 even after reboot, so I think I'll stay at this firmware for now.
You need to Remove USB drives and reboot to free up enough Memory for the Firmware update! :eek:

Try to enable(auto) "NAT acceleration", when NAT acceleration is disabled, it breaks the 2.4 band.

I've just tried this and can confirm my 2.4ghz radio works with NAT acceleration enabled on 378.57 on my AC68U. I only have 1mbit upload though so really need traditional QoS working...

Sticking with 378.56_2 for now. Happy to test anything if it helps the cause :)

Thank you for your great work on this!

Just wanted to report a bug (something is wrong anyway). With the latest 378.57 I get timeout when trying to connect to my server. With 378.56_2 everything is working fine.

I host https://www.techandme.se on my server, and the site is forwarded with a ASUS RT-AC66U. It's a regular Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS, with Apache and MySQL - nothing special. Don't know what the error could be, have checked my logs but didn't find anything useful.

FYI.

anyone losing ipv6 after about a day? ipv6 settings are set to statefull, connection type native, set to /64, lease time 86400. doesnt do this on my other routers with dd-wrt. comcast is my isp

anyone losing ipv6 after about a day? ipv6 settings are set to statefull, connection type native, set to /64, lease time 86400. doesnt do this on my other routers with dd-wrt. comcast is my isp

Don't see this with any of the firmware that I've been using with IPv6. I do use "stateless" with Comcast DHCPv6-PD.

The "/jffs" not mounted with 380.57

After flashing 380.57 on a N66U the /jffs partition is no longer mounted at boot at the usual /dev/mtdblock4 which means no scripts can be created. Reverting back to 378.56_2 fixes all this and the partition get mounted again.

Is there some simple solution to fix this without reverting to the previous version?

After flashing 380.57 on a N66U the /jffs partition is no longer mounted at boot at the usual /dev/mtdblock4 which means no scripts can be created. Reverting back to 378.56_2 fixes all this and the partition get mounted again.

Is there some simple solution to fix this without reverting to the previous version?

Which router? Did you do a proper reset to factory defaults and minimal and manual configuration afterwards?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Or at least use john9527's NVRAM SAVE / RESTORE utility?

Works like a charm in my case (see footer) - seamless update from .56 over .57_Beta to .57 final release! :)
Did you check under Administration / System if Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs = Yes? :rolleyes:

The JFFS partition is mounted by the Firmware by default as data is stored always there (e.g. the syslog.log file)!

Last edited:

On the N66 (and other MIPS based routers) the jffs partition is created from flash space left over after the firmware is loaded. When you load a new code (usually larger), the calculated start of jffs can move and the jffs format will no longer be valid. You need to backup your jffs partition before loading the new firmware, then reformat jffs and restore your backup after loading the new firmware (there is a warning about this on the gui page for updating the firmware).

(..snip..) You need to backup your jffs partition before loading the new firmware, then reformat jffs and restore your backup after loading the new firmware (there is a warning about this on the gui page for updating the firmware).

Thanks for the reply, but I have done exactly that.
  1. Backup my old jffs (mainly some additional firewall rules)
  2. Reflash
  3. Reboot
  4. Format jffs at next boot = yes,
  5. Reboot
But it is still not mounted.

The only thing I can think of that I haven't done is pulling the power to do a hard reset (which I have no means of doing right now)

Thanks for reply, as you can see from my reply to john9527 I have done all of that. But still no cigarr ... I will however try one more cycle and do a factory reset before upgrade.

My bad (of course ...) I must have pressed "Reboot" right after I clicked "Format JFFS at next boot" without pressing "Apply" first ...

Sorry for false alarm ...

Introduced the names of users in menu client status not are copying to manually allocated ip addresses outside dhcp

Last edited:
Well I was planning to update my router with this update but after seeing so many complaints, I think I will wait it out too. By the way for those who did update, did the ram issue get fixed. Cause I noticed that while the days go by on the ram usage increases little by little everyday until I power cycle.

Well I was planning to update my router with this update but after seeing so many complaints, I think I will wait it out too. By the way for those who did update, did the ram issue get fixed. Cause I noticed that while the days go by on the ram usage increases little by little everyday until I power cycle.
No issue on my side with both routers (see footer)!

There was NO RAM issue and Linux has all the right to use 100% of the RAM dynamically for programs, caches and buffers - as needed! :rolleyes:
The change that confused so many non-Linux guys is that the caches are not freed up regularly - if not needed - if needed they will be freed up - simply trust your Linux implementation in this area! ;)

There has never been a RAM issue. Please read RMerlin's remarks in the 357 branch.
Strangely enough people install 'tons' of memory and striving to never use it...

Yes, I remember when I was a UNIX user, and first started using Linux. The first thing I thought looking at "top" output was where did all the free memory go. There was all this cached memory, and little "free" memory. Didn't take long to find out that I had lots of free memory, it was being used as permitted as a cache for previously loaded software. So that software wouldn't have to be reloaded if needed again. But that cached memory was available for re-use if needed. Good strategy, using available memory to speed up running programs, I like that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!