What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've discovered that (at least with my router) a problem exists only with 2.4 N wifi, if I switch to legacy mode (b/g) all of my equipment connect with no problem, of course it's much slower, but it's a stable connection. So in my case the problem occurs only with N mode.

Can confirm this is also the case with my RT-AC68U. Switching to legacy b/g results in receiving DHCP information, switching back to AUTO or N does not. Leaving it on legacy for now.

Can confirm this is also the case with my RT-AC68U. Switching to legacy b/g results in receiving DHCP information, switching back to AUTO or N does not. Leaving it on legacy for now.
A factory reset is recommended with 380.57 firmware update, as the wireless drivers changed to support the upcoming new version of the ac68u model.
But it looks like still some people have issues with the new drivers... :rolleyes:

I wrote some posts ago about my problem with high CPU usage.
At first I ignored it but now I'm wondering if this is the cause:

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC56U - Switch Control.jpgASUS Wireless Router RT-AC56U - System Information.jpg

Router is AC56U running Merlin 380.57 (upgraded from 378.56_2 with reset and manually configured).
AFAIK only CTF is supported on my router and maybe something is malfunctioning.

Anything to do?

Thanks.

I wrote some posts ago about my problem with high CPU usage.
At first I ignored it but now I'm wondering if this is the cause:

View attachment 5387View attachment 5388

Router is AC56U running Merlin 380.57 (upgraded from 378.56_2 with reset and manually configured).
AFAIK only CTF is supported on my router and maybe something is malfunctioning.

Anything to do?

Thanks.

Nothing to do. When downloading at your ISP speeds, I would say this is normal.

If anything, if you disable hardware acceleration, your download speeds would decrease significantly.

On my AC87U even with default settings I'm unable to enable FA, only CTF

Sent from Galaxy S6 w/ Tapatalk

You need to disable Spanning-Tree Protocol first so FA can be enabled.

From what i have seen on latest ASUS code FA will work even with Spanning-Tree Protocol enabled.

Why i lost internet every 10 days? I have installed entware with dnscrypt server and ddns and adblock script....then i must reboot router 5 times to run again....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

Hi, i finally decided to stop lurking the forums and created an account. :rolleyes:

Updated AC68u to latest and did factory reset, manually entered all settings, everything working wonderfully, it even fixed my problems on the 2.3 Ghz WiFi for some devices (!)

BTW the only NATloopback that works for me (I have Foscam webcams that i access viua WAN IP) is the ASUS one.

Thanks for the hard work Merlin, keep it up.

Hi,

I am having problems with my PPTP VPN Server on my RT-N66U since this firmware was released.
I am unable to connect to my VPN from any of my devices that I usually connect from.

Is there a setting that now has to be enable that I missed in the change-log?
Anyone else having similar issue?

It worked fine prior to this build.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am having problems with my PPTP VPN Server on my RT-N66U since this firmware was released.
I am unable to connect to my VPN from any of my devices that I usually connect from.

Is there a setting that now has to be enable that I missed in the change-log?
Anyone else having similar issue?

It worked fine prior to this build.

Thanks in advance!

Which firmware build was that?

I meant the prior one where it worked for you.

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2

Worked fine on previous builds..

I will downgrade and try to see if it is the build issue or something on my end.

Do you use PPTP VPN? If so, does it work on your end with Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57?

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2

Worked fine on previous builds..

I will downgrade and try to see if it is the build issue or something on my end.

Do you use PPTP VPN? If so, does it work on your end with Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57?

You need to be specific. 'Prior builds' doesn't mean much when someone could be running software that is years old before they upgraded to another years old firmware or newer. :)

I don't use PPTP VPN, but did you do a reset to factory defaults and a manual and minimal configuration to connect to your ISP and secure your router?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

After I flashed my AC87U to 380.57, it seems the Port Forwarding is not working properly. Or to be more specific, I have installed an security system at my house. I set the IP of the DVR to be 192.168.1.100. UPNP service is enabled. Everything was working with 378.56_2.( When I enter 192.168.1.1: xxxx, it will forward me to 192.168.1.100:xxxx). After upgrade to 380.57, only the first device that used the IP forward is allowed to use it. All other device which try to access DVR through port forwarding will be denied.

Flashing back to 378.56_2 didn't solve the problem.
Have to flash to official firmware then flash to 378.56_2.

After I flashed my AC87U to 380.57, it seems the Port Forwarding is not working properly. Or to be more specific, I have installed an security system at my house. I set the IP of the DVR to be 192.168.1.100. UPNP service is enabled. Everything was working with 378.56_2.( When I enter 192.168.1.1: xxxx, it will forward me to 192.168.1.100:xxxx). After upgrade to 380.57, only the first device that used the IP forward is allowed to use it. All other device which try to access DVR through port forwarding will be denied.

Flashing back to 378.56_2 didn't solve the problem.
Have to flash to official firmware then flash to 378.56_2.
Hi tony,

Sounds similar to what happened to me with my SIP router. Even putting it in a DMZ did not work. I got around it by enabling SIP pass thru. Not a solution for you though. Some is bonked it seems. The problem persisted through a wipe to default also.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!