What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm still on 378.55 on my ac-68-u should i upgrade with or without a factory reset?

Tried several different versions of udpxy.
None of them works.

Sad to see that basic functionality is broken in this build.

Yesterday had updated my AC68U A1 to 380.58 from 380.56_2.
Just simple flashing on top of previous version, no factory resets, nothing.
Working perfectly so far.
(router is used for routing ONLY, no USB devices. Before upgrading firmware all cables were unplugged from device.)

Thank you Merlin!

Last edited:

Yes it showed when I did the upgrade from 380.57, but once I did reset to factory default, VLAN ID is no longer there... RT-AC56U

5bvkDkQ.png

I'm sorry if someone already explained here, but what is this new 'App' at the top-right?
It seems to be clickable, but nothing happens on click

I'm still on 378.55 on my ac-68-u should i upgrade with or without a factory reset?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-380-58-is-now-available.31184/page-2#post-246683
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-380-58-is-now-available.31184/page-2#post-246649

I'm sorry if someone already explained here, but what is this new 'App' at the top-right?
It seems to be clickable, but nothing happens on click

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/beta-asuswrt-merlin-380-58-beta-1-is-available.31102/#post-245719

In my router lost item online vlan rt-ac87U

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 621
I have the same problem with my AC68U.
I upgraded from 56_2 and my connection is vlan 1074.
I have internet connection but I lost that configuration option.
40WtMwz.jpg

Hi,
New here. But just moved to Sky Fibre BB and trying to setup my Asus DSL-AC68U router for use with Sky Fibre.

I'm trying to flash the router to the latest Merlin firmware but every time I do I get a pop-up message saying Unsuccessful. I have done a factory reset and tried a few times. I've also tried the latest BETA version and a slightly older version of the Merlin firmware. I've tried this via Chrome and IE.

Any ideas why it wont work?

Cheers
Seb

Update: I've noticed that I can't seem to flash ANY firmware! I thought I would try updating to the latest official firmware first then trying again. However, upon trying I get the same error.

ea106f240cc6cb2cbbacd863b0fc1c4d.png

Last edited:
If you have any storage device attached to either USB ports unplug it, boot and retry.....
Oh, I do have a USB cable attached. But its not connected to anything, I'll try anyway.

Update: Tried without anything plugged in USB port. Still getting the error :/

Hi,
New here. But just moved to Sky Fibre BB and trying to setup my Asus DSL-AC68U router for use with Sky Fibre.

I'm trying to flash the router to the latest Merlin firmware but every time I do I get a pop-up message saying Unsuccessful. I have done a factory reset and tried a few times. I've also tried the latest BETA version and a slightly older version of the Merlin firmware. I've tried this via Chrome and IE.

Any ideas why it wont work?

Cheers
Seb

Update: I've noticed that I can't seem to flash ANY firmware! I thought I would try updating to the latest official firmware first then trying again. However, upon trying I get the same error.

ea106f240cc6cb2cbbacd863b0fc1c4d.png

The DSL variants aren't supported by Merlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is anyone having issues not being able to login the router after alot of activity, I have 20 devices on my network and after awhile if I want to login to tweak the settings, it won't let me it just times out. I have to power cycle the router to get admin access again. I think it has something to do with the web usage or app history filling up some buffer, the router does a reset (I know cuz my samsung printer wakes up) but then it's hung trying to login. Wired and wireless clients continue to function though.

Actually, I had this happen to me on 380.57 alpha (I believe) which prompted me to upgrade once I saw the latest version. I always use the router IP address to log in. It was routing fine and up to speed but wouldn't let me log in on either 5ghz or 2.4ghz. A power cycle returned it to normal. Curious.

I see a popup with a link to download an Asus App to manage the router.
Strange, don't see any pop-ups but they appear on all other icons
Better to change this 'App' word to something similar to other icons, for examble a smartphone icon

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!