What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm sorry, everything is working just fine. I blocked javascript provided by ieee.org.
Very good firmware, fast and stable.

A quite pleasant release.

It is fun to be able to change to Samba v2 file sharing protocol, and enable or disable cache-flushing behavior, from the graphical user interface new "Tweaks" submenu.

Thanks for such a thoughtful upgrade, RMerlin.

By the way, do you figure there is any point in enabling disk spindown for typical low-end, 128 gigabyte solid state disk drives (SSDs) in this release?

Wow, after updating to this release I noticed my single client VPN setup is now using both CPU cores instead of core 1 on an AC56U with an additional 10mbps increase in speeds.

However I still have to use DNS config - Strict and aiprotection enabled, disabling AIP and setting DNS config to Exclusive - VPN connection set devices are fine, non-VPN devices have no DNS resolve.

Thanks Eric, upgraded my AC3200 this morning , no issues and everything is working beautifully.

Working well on my AC 3200 , not using any features just being used as a router , no smart or protection apps running . Transfer speeds have increased 4-8 MBPS over the last 378 57 FW . Only 6 hours uptime though .
Still reaches all clients in the house , no dead spots .

Works well for me.
Upgraded from alpha 4.

Before hand i tried 380.59 MU-MIMO alpha and still can't get the internet to connect.
Wonder what the issue could be?

380.59 is pre-alpha. It's based on beta code from Asus, so it's not expected to be fully working. This release was only meant as a preview for the MU-MIMO support.

"Memory Management: Regularly flush caches (ARM only) (default: Yes)" setting on my N66U is not Yes and not No (both cleared). Attempting to set it to Yes and pressing Apply don't change Yes indicatior, with reboot too.

As the description implies, that setting is only for ARM routers. The RT-N66U is MIPS, that setting does not apply to it.

I have installed the version 380.58 in my router asus rt-ac87u have activated vpn pptp and see that the speed that I have contracted of 300 gentle ones low me to 210-240 is normal or is algun bugs or some configuration that I do not do well? It wanted if you were so nice say something to me .. regards..

RT-AC66U
I did a factory reset after flashing the update. It only shows the mac adress, device list shows 'loading manufacturer data' only.
I will check again in a few hours after work. Maybe the lookup service was down or smthg.

Asus is making a LOT of changes to networkmap lately. One of the recent changes is to use the DPI engine for manufacturers lookups. It's possible that the lookup fails to fallback to the old method on non-DPI capable models, such as the RT-AC66U.

I have installed the version 380.58 in my router asus rt-ac87u have activated vpn pptp and see that the speed that I have contracted of 300 gentle ones low me to 210-240 is normal or is algun bugs or some configuration that I do not do well? It wanted if you were so nice say something to me .. regards..

VPN encryption adds overhead, which will cause a decrease in speed. It's also CPU-intensive, which will further decrease the speed. This is perfectly normal.

Upgraded on my RT-AC88U and everything is working as expected. I was on a previous Alpha release that was working very nicely. So far, this is fast as hell. Nicely done.

Hello!
Since 57_0 to current 58_0 in AC56U don't work IPTV Multicast.

IGMP snooping is enabled
Multicast Rate (Mbps) = OFDM 18

While my A56U was being repaired, I found D'Link DIR 320A1, which has successfully worked with the IPTV Multicast from my ISP.

Tell me, how can I diagnose the problem on AS56U it with 58 firmware?

Asus is making a LOT of changes to networkmap lately. One of the recent changes is to use the DPI engine for manufacturers lookups. It's possible that the lookup fails to fallback to the old method on non-DPI capable models, such as the RT-AC66U.
Like I said, it was my fault it did not work, allowing Javascript from all sources did the trick.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available for all supported models.

The highlights of this release:

• Merged with Asus GPL 380_1354
  • New advanced tweaks and settings, under Tools -> Other Settings. This includes a setting to disable the hourly networkmap rescans, which could bring NAS and printers out of sleep.
  • Improvements to OpenVPN support and policy-based routing, such as better handling of DNS servers based on client policies.
  • Updated components: OpenVPN, OpenSSL, miniupnpd and udpxy were updated to newer versions
  • Fixed compatibility with the RT-AC68U

Read the changelog for the detailed list of changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Updated and now iptv doesn't work (BT Youview) Reloaded 380.57 and now OK

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!