What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What does this mean for 88U?
In the QoS page, I never see the download/upload indicators moving, and having random issues (see the thread I opened)

It means it doesn't work, throughput gets capped to the wrong values. You have to use Adaptive QoS.

It means it doesn't work, throughput gets capped to the wrong values. You have to use Adaptive QoS.
That's what's broken? Last time I tried Traditional QoS on my AC3200 the values for upload and download were swapped. Once I figured that out, it works fine. Is this what you mean?

Good advice!

Seems to have fixed my 5 GHz dropout / no password issues.

(I only had MU-MIMO enabled on 5 GHz)

Where do you go to disable this?

That's what's broken? Last time I tried Traditional QoS on my AC3200 the values for upload and download were swapped. Once I figured that out, it works fine. Is this what you mean?

The problem wasn't that values were swapped, it was that the upstream limit applied to both directions. It's not just a matter of inverting values, something is broken at a lower level. What you are seeing is a symptom, not the cause.

Hi Merlin,

Do you have to wait for certification before you can release an Alpha / Beta build based upon this Asus code?

I realise there is no going back after this...

They only started publishing new GPL code over the last week. Development takes time...

They still haven't shared any technical details on the certification thing so far. All I've seen is a draft version of a legal document a few weeks ago. So, right now, I don't know any details yet on how this is going to work.

So, in other words, once the new bootloader is installed, only certified firmware can be loaded on top of that.

Meaning: Yes, I have to wait.

So, in other words, once the new bootloader is installed, only certified firmware can be loaded on top of that.

Meaning: Yes, I have to wait.

We don't know yet if there's a new bootloader involved in the near future.

They only started publishing new GPL code over the last week. Development takes time...

They still haven't shared any technical details on the certification thing so far. All I've seen is a draft version of a legal document a few weeks ago. So, right now, I don't know any details yet on how this is going to work.
But... if the newer builds compile and flash, what else is needed?

But... if the newer builds compile and flash, what else is needed?

The current "limitation" is so trivial, I have a feeling that there might be more coming in the near future.

Hi, Will you be adding the dsl overhead qos option that is used in tomato builds?http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/speedmod-with-tc-atm-qos-patch-for-adsl.31541/

I already implemented it on a local branch, but at the time I was getting ready for a final release, so it wasn't merged in yet.

Code:
commit d0dd0f468bd0a7522f2cbc3f8239144427946d6f
Author: Eric Sauvageau <rmerl@lostrealm.ca>
Date:   Fri May 6 17:57:36 2016 -0400

qos: Add option to control ATM overhead (backport from Tomato)

Just upgraded my RT-AC66U from 378.something to 380.59. The admin interface is crazily slow, even after factory reset. So much so I thought I had bricked it at one point.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Just upgraded my RT-AC66U from 378.something to 380.59. The admin interface is crazily slow, even after factory reset. So much so I thought I had bricked it at one point.

I think everyone experienced this, it's normal.
If you wait a while, everything runs as fast as normal.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Yes, normal.Run fine after a fews minutes

Wireless / Professional

Although, it's probably already diabled if you don't even know how to turn it on :)

Probably, but I have spent some time going through those settings for the AC-3200 and never saw anything that actually said MU-MIMO, so I don't really know if I might have turned it on/off in the process of experimentation.

Probably, but I have spent some time going through those settings for the AC-3200 and never saw anything that actually said MU-MIMO, so I don't really know if I might have turned it on/off in the process of experimentation.

The RT-AC3200 does not support MU-MIMO.

Qos is much better with codel on my ac56u but not as good as Streamboost on my dgl 5500. I just wish dlink had implemented that atm fix to their router.

hjohan13 and Zvqra

I don't see this lag and other problems you are having. I set my friend up also and he has seen nothing wrong also with .59
In saying this, someone else followed my settings below and it worked for him, so 3 of us working great.
Give my settings a try.......

Please try to flash again, clear the NVRAM (by holding the reset button on the back and applying power {with power button or cord your choice} until the power light flashes ) then flash again in recovery web GUI (NOTE: on mine and my friends I had to flash 2 separate times, back to back, in the web recovery GUI to get it to work, just a warning if it does not work the first time), when router is back up get into the menu with minimal configuration and factory default the router, now configure the router from scratch, with settings below.

-turn off or disable any Guest networks
-Turn off any USB or media service
- in the "LAN" section.
--IPTV Tab--

-"Use DHCP routes" select "RFC3442 & Microsoft"
-ENABLE "Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy)"
-ENABLE "Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping)"
--Switch Control Tab--
-Enable Jumbo Frame select "Enable"
-NAT Acceleration select "Auto" (you can experiment on this, you may have to Disable)
-Spanning-Tree Protocol select "Enable" (you can experiment on this, you may have to Disable)
- In the "WAN" section.
--Internet Connection Tab--
-Enable NAT to "Yes"
-Enable UPnP to "Yes"
-UPNP: Allowed internal port range to "1" to "65535"
-UPNP: Allowed external port range to "1" to "65535"
-DHCP query frequency to "Aggressive Mode" (you can experiment on this, you may have to Normal Mode)
--NAT Passthrough Tab--
-"Enable" every option (only select "Enable")
- In the "Firewall" section.
--General Tab--
-NAT Loopback to "Asus" (if using Merlins firmware)
- In the Adaptive QoS section
--QoS Tab--
-"Enable QoS" to "ON"
-"QoS Type" to "Adaptive QoS"
-"Bandwidth Setting" to "Automatic"
- select "Game"

WiFi is your preferred settings and channels, this all depends on your neighbors and how many.

Now the biggest change is finding your perfect DNS servers and add them to your PS4 network settings, so do a google in your home for "Best PS4 DNS servers"
EDIT: I found some good DNS servers for me in my location (they will vary from location) and added them to the "WAN DNS Settings" "DNS Server1" and "DNS server2" you should find ones you like and add them here also.

The person that these settings also worked for lived in Russia or something, I live in USA, he found a huge difference using these.
Please post back with results. I can not guarantee these will correct your issue, but it works for 2 of us and the person in Russia so far.

Hi.

Sorry....380.59 is definatly a disaster for my router. I can't spend more hours not making it work. 380.58 will stay....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!