What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

well it was working a ok but now no clients are listed anywhere no client list network map no traffic analysis nor clients listed.tho I have internet and speed. this is an rt-ac56r 380.59. any ideas? rebooted and still nothing also same with power off. yes it was fact restored before and after and was up for 30 hours with all functions avail, tho not using any qos or vpns .

Last edited:
The INPUT chain is only for traffic intended for the router itself. It doesn't affect traffic intended for the LAN.
But why it wa working at the older firmwares?

well it was working a ok but now no clients are listed anywhere no client list network map no traffic analysis nor clients listed.tho I have internet and speed. this is an rt-ac56r 380.59. any ideas? rebooted and still nothing also same with power off. yes it was fact restored before and after and was up for 30 hours with all functions avail, tho not using any qos or vpns .

What browser do you use? Is it Firefox?

I suspect a problem with data presented in the UI breaks things on Firefox, see above: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-380-59-is-now-available.32469/page-9#post-259431

if you use Firefox, could you try Chrome instead?

After upgrading to 380.59 I see the following entris in my log that hasn't been there before:

May 13 22:27:33 kernel: xt_TCPMSS: unknown or invalid path-MTU (0)
May 13 22:27:34 kernel: xt_TCPMSS: unknown or invalid path-MTU (0)
May 13 22:27:36 kernel: xt_TCPMSS: unknown or invalid path-MTU (0)
May 13 22:27:40 kernel: xt_TCPMSS: unknown or invalid path-MTU (0)
May 13 22:33:03 kernel: xt_TCPMSS: unknown or invalid path-MTU (0)
May 13 22:33:04 kernel: xt_TCPMSS: unknown or invalid path-MTU (0)
May 13 22:33:06 kernel: xt_TCPMSS: unknown or invalid path-MTU (0)

There are more, but this is just some of them.

What does it mean?

What log setting would i have to put it on to ingore DCHP requests? I only want logs for unknown clients trying to connect or error/warring and critical stuff

View client list is not populating again,also for some reason I also cant edit ps3 entry for names/ip/icon and all that. it always come up as new device despite i named it ps3 in IP assignments Even IF i set ps3 to dhcp name of ps3 it says new device.

also notice there is show offline clients on few menus with x next to them to remove them, this does not remove them it just enters there names in to the boxes tried in this IE/FF the x does not remove the client like it imply.

Last edited:
View client list is not populating again,also for some reason I also cant edit ps3 entry for names/ip/icon and all that. it always come up as new device despite i named it ps3 in IP assignments Even IF i set ps3 to dhcp name of ps3 it says new device.

also notice there is show offline clients on few menus with x next to them to remove them, this does not remove them it just enters there names in to the boxes tried in this IE/FF the x does not remove the client like it imply.

either it is my imaginations or every time my ps3 connects *wired* the viewlist stops populating and when I look at the Clientlist I cant click on ps3 to edit it info only place that seem to let me Edit it info is the DHCP manual ip assignment. it how ever DOES NOT apply the changes IF i change ICON or it NAME and hit apply none the change get applied I have tried different setting on the ps3 already nothing lets router change it info. This is the only device showing the behavior.

then 20 second after my ps3 is turned off the Viewlist function seem to start working again.

Last edited:
well thanks for that! tried diff browser and walla.but even tho I used it earlier it was fine. and thri all setup of it.not firefox but seamonkey which is a derivative of firefox. tho really strange as first time I have had this show up ever.
thanks again

What browser do you use? Is it Firefox?

I suspect a problem with data presented in the UI breaks things on Firefox, see above: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-380-59-is-now-available.32469/page-9#post-259431

if you use Firefox, could you try Chrome instead?

thats odd just went back in on seamonkey and it all shows again and nothing was changed where 3 mins ago nothing showed. strange to say the least.

well thanks for that! tried diff browser and walla.but even tho I used it earlier it was fine. and thri all setup of it.not firefox but seamonkey which is a derivative of firefox. tho really strange as first time I have had this show up ever.
thanks again

thats odd just went back in on seamonkey and it all shows again and nothing was changed where 3 mins ago nothing showed. strange to say the least.

The problem is intermittent. in the tools page for example (http://192.168.1.1/Tools_Sysinfo.asp) the Ethernet Ports section sometimes breaks in Firefox. Sometimes it renders fine, but when it's broken in Firefox, I look at it in Chrome and it shows all MAC addresses in "Last Device Seen" whereas I believe it's supposed to be hostnames here.

no I always had host names there except when it all blanked out. but I do not go in often since it is all setup.
thanks

The problem is intermittent. in the tools page for example (http://192.168.1.1/Tools_Sysinfo.asp) the Ethernet Ports section sometimes breaks in Firefox. Sometimes it renders fine, but when it's broken in Firefox, I look at it in Chrome and it shows all MAC addresses in "Last Device Seen" whereas I believe it's supposed to be hostnames here.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available for all supported models.
This ...59 update completely corrects the (RT-AC68u router) every-half-hour-or-whatever irritating disconnects, and the problems with reconnecting after sleeping, associated with the use of an EDIMAX AC1200 (Realtek 8812au chipset) 833 megahertz USB client adapter under Windows 10 at close range--problems that were observed with RMerlin release ...57.

Highly recommended update for anyone using the EDIMAX EW-7822UAC, or Rosewill AC1200UBE W6R-AC1200UBE or ZyXEL AC240 USB adapters, which connect to an RT-AC68U router quite nicely at 867Mbps nominal wireless speed.

Hi, Tomas from Astrill here. I found mod_cgi was removed and our plugin requires this to function. Any chance of bringing it back? I couldnt find it in any changelog, no idea why and when it was removed. I would also like to assure all our users that we do not sit around with hands down our pockets and we are testing this problem and working on a fix.

Thanks from the insight and confirmation that Astrill is working on the problem. I have been using the Astrill Router applet for years. It's how I found out about Merlin!

They have a new release; 2.9.9. Haven't tried it w/ the .59 release so I don't know if it works.

Edit: Just saw the post above from Astrill. It appears they have a challenge.

I can confirm that 2.9.9 doesn't fix the problem under 380.59.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!