What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

View client list is not populating again,also for some reason I also cant edit ps3 entry for names/ip/icon and all that. it always come up as new device despite i named it ps3 in IP assignments Even IF i set ps3 to dhcp name of ps3 it says new device.

also notice there is show offline clients on few menus with x next to them to remove them, this does not remove them it just enters there names in to the boxes tried in this IE/FF the x does not remove the client like it imply.

Same behavior there!!!
and, tried Chrome and Firefox - the same result, so, this is not a browser rendering case, I think

Hi. I just installed the latest version of Merlin on my ASUS RT-N66U router. When I go to the Astrill VPN Menu after logging into the router, I get this error message:
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.1:8998.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

There is a problem with 380.59 and the Astrill Router applet as you will see mentioned in this thread. Astrill are working on it and are part of this thread as well.

With 380.59 and Windows 10 , the AC3200 is no longer listed in Windows Explorer/Network/This PC .

I have 5 machines on the network none of them see the Asus listed any more.

One thing I noticed is that Site Survey seems broken. I have plenty of networks in my surroundings and it never finds anything. It's stuck on "Scanning for networks". I have the RT-AC87U

One thing I noticed is that Site Survey seems broken. I have plenty of networks in my surroundings and it never finds anything. It's stuck on "Scanning for networks". I have the RT-AC87U

I also have the RT-AC87U and it works fine for me? Took 4-5 seconds and I had a list of about 20 networks.

I also have the RT-AC87U and it works fine for me? Took 4-5 seconds and I had a list of about 20 networks.

Thanks for the input! :) It's something with my router then. I did do a full factory reset so I think I'm doing everything "by the book".

Do you get 5ghz networks as well? Both my radios work but I've only ever gotten hits on the 2.4ghz-network.

Thanks for the input! :) It's something with my router then. I did do a full factory reset so I think I'm doing everything "by the book".

Do you get 5ghz networks as well? Both my radios work but I've only ever gotten hits on the 2.4ghz-network.

Yup, 5Ghz as well. Although for me they tend to be near the bottom since the strength of them isn't great compared to 2.4.

First off all, thank you for all the hard work.

I have update my RN-N66U from 380.58 -> 380.59 few hours ago.
I started seeing issues with clients not showing up in the client list. I saw the number of connected clients but no luck trying to get them in the drop-downs throughout the interface.
I have done the factory reset to no avail.
In addition to clients not showing up in the UI where you should normally see them, I have seen that Tools page is displaying "Querying switch..." in the Ethernet Ports section. No amount of reboots/resets would fix that.

I flashed back to 380.58 and things started working again.

--- edit ---
I found this post just a minute ago: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/be...-beta-2-is-available.32266/page-9#post-258419

What invalid host name would that be, the one with the space in it, a hyphenated one?
I have same rt n66u but i seem to get drops in connection for 2 to 3mins and it will come back tryed factory reset and setting up manualy but had to revert to .58 and it works fine just slow wireless

I'n not having any problems with DNLA, perhaps try waiting a while or reboot your devices.

Fair enough. Well I just tried upgrading again and restarting router and DLNA devices with the same result that all DLNA devices disappear from the network on 380.59. Perhaps it is a bug peculiar to AC87U? Downgrading back to 380.58 and all DLNA devices are back.

If it is a bug I am sure it will get ironed out eventually. If there is any setting anyone can think of .59 doesn't like that would be causing this do let me know.

Probably logical.

Am rarely seeing 5 gigahertz networks on site surveys, of course this is logical because (1) not many people in Cincinnati, Ohio USA have set up 5 gigahertz WiFi routers and (2) if they have indeed set up such 5ghz WiFi transmitters, the 5ghz connect-range is so much less that it is much less likely that the rare 5ghz WiFi transmitters would show up on any particular Merlin router site survey.

There is a 2.4ghz/5ghz router in my brick residential building. The 2.4 ghz signal shows up in a site survey of a router within a building across the street, as well as half a city block away outdoors. The 5ghz signal doesn't even show up in a site survey of a satellite router in a distant part of the same building.

Same behavior there!!!
and, tried Chrome and Firefox - the same result, so, this is not a browser rendering case, I think

You see same behavior for all of this? or parts of this cause there is the x for offline clients that dont delete them.
Then there is the viewlist that stops working when ps3 connects *wired* who entries cant be edited cause they cant be clicked on, Manual IP assignment section is only play it "can" be clicked and edited but none of the changes go threw

Once PS3 is off bout minute later view list is working again. ps3 issue client not being clickable and editable was not there in earlier issue

I dont know if this is bug or if it cause I used john nvram utlitly to restore. I usually just manual re-enter the stuff, but I didnt feel like this time, maybe I will try to factory reset it and manual re-enter the settings maybe ps3 will be connection will be editable and savable this time?, but i doubt that would fix the view list stoping from working or the "x" next to offline clients to actually delete them, I been waiting years for this feature to delete offline clients and it dont even work o_O

I was able to flash this new merlin firmware(380.59) to TM-AC1900 (Asus RT-AC68U). Now the CFE stays at version 1.0.2.1. Should I upgrade CFE to latest or newer version from Asus ? Thanks.

You see same behavior for all of this? or parts of this cause there is the x for offline clients that dont delete them.
Then there is the viewlist that stops working when ps3 connects *wired* who entries cant be edited cause they cant be clicked on, Manual IP assignment section is only play it "can" be clicked and edited but none of the changes go threw

1. Tried to set names/icons to a net devices. applied.
2. First see a wrong show of list (ip cam show as an repeater IP and MAC)
3. Verified name assign, rebooted. And, list of devices not showed at all. Not in Chorme, nor in Firefox

I think, probably, this issue related to a new functionality about "naming" of devices etc.

With 380.59 and Windows 10 , the AC3200 is no longer listed in Windows Explorer/Network/This PC .

Works for me. Double check the workgroup you are using, and make sure whichever device is your network's browser master isn't firewalled. If in doubt, configure the router to act as your browser master.

One thing I noticed is that Site Survey seems broken.

Make sure you don't use the MAC filter settings, as MAC filtering would also apply to the site survey.

Works for me. Double check the workgroup you are using, and make sure whichever device is your network's browser master isn't firewalled. If in doubt, configure the router to act as your browser master.

If I roll back to 380.58 everything is fine as it always was. As soon as I upgrade to 380.59 the router is no longer listed.

The only thing that has changed is the firmware.

I'll take another look , but nothing has been changed on my machines.

Suuuuper sloooooow WebUI after every reboot. It takes ages to set up the router now. Any option to fix it?

Can people check under Wireless, WDS Tab and see which of the following Notes you see (please report your router model).

Code:
Note:The function only support [Open System/NONE, Open System/WEP] security authentication method.

OR

Code:
Note: The function does not support [ WPA2-Enterprice, WPA-Auto-Enterprise ] security authentication method.

On my 68R, I see #2 for both 2.4 and 5.

Merlin have run into an ipv6 issue on the router itself, Works fine wireless or etherclients, v380.58 is fine,
Would some one else try pinging an ipv6 address from ssh or telnet on the router. This has broken my ipv6 dyn dnd client for ip6. Work great if I back koad to v380.58.

Thanks

Steve F

Bug:
going in the LAN DHCP page disconnects me and I have to login again.
See it also from the icon change attached.

BTW what is App?

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 613
In order for me to use some remote control control app on my phone to control my STB Device over WIFI, I had to disable secure upnp mode.

What are the risks? Is there a way to keep it enable and use the remote control apps that I use?

When I enable upnp secure mode the remote apps do not see the devices that I want to control

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!