What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bug:
going in the LAN DHCP page disconnects me and I have to login again.
See it also from the icon change attached.

Did you factory reset after upgrading and re-enter data - I recommend john's tool.

BTW what is App?

It gives a popup with links to the Asus router app for Android and Apple mobile devices. I quite like the app, except the diags don't wotk for me - can't detect the cable modem.

In order for me to use some remote control control app on my phone to control my STB Device over WIFI, I had to disable secure upnp mode.

What are the risks? Is there a way to keep it enable and use the remote control apps that I use?

When I enable upnp secure mode the remote apps do not see the devices that I want to control

As you see the insecure upnp protocol allows any device to set port forwards for another device, 'secure mode' is just a sensible miniupnpd enhancement when you do not have a need for this.

Did you factory reset after upgrading and re-enter data - I recommend john's tool.

It gives a popup with links to the Asus router app for Android and Apple mobile devices. I quite like the app, except the diags don't wotk for me - can't detect the cable modem.
So that page looks fine for you?
I usually go dirty unless instructed otherwise.
I'll search for that tool.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can people check under Wireless, WDS Tab and see which of the following Notes you see (please report your router model).

Code:
Note:The function only support [Open System/NONE, Open System/WEP] security authentication method.

OR

Code:
Note: The function does not support [ WPA2-Enterprice, WPA-Auto-Enterprise ] security authentication method.

On my 68R, I see #2 for both 2.4 and 5.

#1 on both bands, RT-N66U

Can people check under Wireless, WDS Tab and see which of the following Notes you see (please report your router model).

Code:
Note:The function only support [Open System/NONE, Open System/WEP] security authentication method.

OR

Code:
Note: The function does not support [ WPA2-Enterprice, WPA-Auto-Enterprise ] security authentication method.

On my 68R, I see #2 for both 2.4 and 5.

RT-AC87u
wds.png

for both band

Merlin have run into an ipv6 issue on the router itself, Works fine wireless or etherclients, v380.58 is fine,
Would some one else try pinging an ipv6 address from ssh or telnet on the router. This has broken my ipv6 dyn dnd client for ip6. Work great if I back koad to v380.58.

Thanks

Steve F
Just pinged ipv6.google.com from SSH without problems.

What are the risks? Is there a way to keep it enable and use the remote control apps that I use?

The biggest risk is that secure mode determines if a network client is allowed to forward a port toward a different IP. That means without secure mode enabled, a mobile phone could have a malware that opens ports to your other computers at home.

Merlin have run into an ipv6 issue on the router itself, Works fine wireless or etherclients, v380.58 is fine,
Would some one else try pinging an ipv6 address from ssh or telnet on the router. This has broken my ipv6 dyn dnd client for ip6. Work great if I back koad to v380.58.

My ISP does not support IPv6, so I can't test any of it.

Suuuuper sloooooow WebUI after every reboot. It takes ages to set up the router now. Any option to fix it?

Already mentioned in the thread, either wait 5-10 mins for the router to finalize some first-run maintenance, or switch from https to http.

Uhm no he cant upgrade the power. Its things like HGs firmware that CAUSED the FCC to lockdown firmware...

This is partly why the FCC has forced vendors to lock down their firmware... Its also why TPLinks new routers are currently bricks since you cannot use third party hardware..

Yes i know the FCC rules and regulations are not to be taken lightly , but does it apply to people who are in different region , say Middle East?

NAT loopback is now set to Asus on MIPS devices (AC66U) by default. Does this mean it now works correctly or should I switch it to Merlin?

Confirming that IPv6 Native is "broken" in .59, but works fine in .58 on my RT-N66U. I didn't see anything specific in dmesg that would suggest why, but it was quickly obvious when a prefix was no longer assigned to my router for DHCP-PD.

I'm on Cox HSI in the Phoenix area where dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 is supported.

Last edited:
Confirming that IPv6 Native is "broken" in .59, but works fine in .58 on my RT-N66U. I didn't see anything specific in dmesg that would suggest why, but it was quickly obvious when a prefix was no longer assigned to my router for DHCP-PD.

This probably keeps the water muddy, but I have seen no problems with IPv6 using 380.59 on my RT-AC3200 with Comcast.

That still doesn't really explain why my IP phone won't receive all incoming calls anymore, as soon as the NAT helper is enabled. But since it's now working perfectly fine with the SIP passthrough enabled without the helper, it's probably not worth the time to keep wondering about this.
To add from my end.. My aged PAP2 ATA in 380.59 fails registration if Disable SIP Passthrough.. It did not fail with Disabled in 58 or 56_2, but did in 57. I too am hoping will not have any annoying call issues with Enabled without the NAT helper. (Using VoIP.ms.) And, yes, hopefully it's not worth the time wondering much further. :)

This probably keeps the water muddy, but I have seen no problems with IPv6 using 380.59 on my RT-AC3200 with Comcast.
In my case ipv6 works as expected on clients as expected. Ip6 dns returns correct addresses. Lynx fails, telnet fails, ping6 fails. Reverting to 380.58 fixes issues. Next test will be full reset after backing jffs.

Stevef

Bully for U. if you dont run commands on the router, tests are inconclusive. Applictions running in telnet or ssh in router shell is the problem. Ipv6 dual stack clients on network work great.

However lynx http://ipv6.google.com or wget http://ipv6.google.com time out unable to port 80..

It sucks 380.58 works as expected. This showex up due to a dyndns client app fail in log files.
Failure to connect, etc.

NAT loopback is now set to Asus on MIPS devices (AC66U) by default. Does this mean it now works correctly or should I switch it to Merlin?

Some people get better results with mine, others with Asus's. Your own results may vary. Default is Asus's due to limitations in the old kernel used on MIPS routers.

If I roll back to 380.58 everything is fine as it always was. As soon as I upgrade to 380.59 the router is no longer listed.

The only thing that has changed is the firmware.

I'll take another look , but nothing has been changed on my machines.

Well, I tried again with 380.59 and making the router master browser, even did a full factory reset and the problem is still the same. Also noted that Android phones were listed as part of the network, never seen that before, what was strange is that one of these phone only got used in the house @ 3 months ago and has never visited since. The phone listing was turning on and off at random.

Reverting to 380.58 and again the router is shown correctly in Windows.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!