What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Since updating my laptops keeps waking up seconds after sleep, the wireless card is the trigger and network map rescans are still disabled.

AC68u

Well i had that same issue at one point and i went on windows in Ethernet adapter in device manager and in the power management area
enabled "only allow a magic packet to wake up the computer"
if you want to wake up your laptop or any other computer you need a program that sends the magic packet and poof the device will wake up.
Its a great feature and I had enough of computers waking up for no reason and this was a great fix, not sure why drives or computers wake up with newer firmware but I did see this in older firmware.
lets not blame anyone :) just do that magic packet and I guarantee you that will never happen again!
hope that can help you as well :)

Working for me. I currently have a Futurama episode streaming from my router to my Nexus 9, using PlugPlayer on the tablet.
The only minidlna change Asus did in 2697 is to disable the web interface for security reasons, as it was exposing client MAC addresses to anyone on the LAN without requiring any authentication. I disagree that it's a real security issue (heck, MAC addresses are typically even written on stickers on the back of network devices, and nobody felt it was a security issue...), but security researchers complained, so Asus disabled it.

Thanks Merlin, maybe I'll be I who are unlucky! :p

The only changes I made after the update are:
- I plugged a pen formatted FAT32 for compatibility with Android smartphones (before was NTFS) on port USB 3.0 (as a media server);
- I plugged a pen formatted EXT2 (before there not was) on USB 2.0 port (for install adblock).

I'm Back on .59 But still getting of Connection drop via Wireless and wired Connection Everything is set up correctly I have FActory reset my n66u still anyideas?

Well i had that same issue at one point and i went on windows in Ethernet adapter in device manager and in the power management area
enabled "only allow a magic packet to wake up the computer"
if you want to wake up your laptop or any other computer you need a program that sends the magic packet and poof the device will wake up.
Its a great feature and I had enough of computers waking up for no reason and this was a great fix, not sure why drives or computers wake up with newer firmware but I did see this in older firmware.
lets not blame anyone :) just do that magic packet and I guarantee you that will never happen again!
hope that can help you as well :)
I checked that before posting as I knew I had it ticked.

Same thing on my 87u which was rock solid on 58.
I have the 87u and I just updated to .59 lets hope it will be rock solid as .58
I still don't understand why some people have no problems with the 87u and others don't stop complaining about it.
It would be nice to get to the bottom of this issue...looks like the newer 87u have no problems and it could be the older ones that have the flaws
if anyone can help out with this issue would be great to know.

Works for me. Double check the workgroup you are using, and make sure whichever device is your network's browser master isn't firewalled. If in doubt, configure the router to act as your browser master.

Make sure you don't use the MAC filter settings, as MAC filtering would also apply to the site survey.

No MAC filter. If I rescan a few more times it will eventually show the 2.4Ghz networks but not the 5Ghz ones.

I also discovered another thing that is more "serious". 5Ghz speed is slower with .59. I get about 30Mbit/s on my 100 Mbit/s connection. On .58 I got the full speed. Tested on a Galaxy S4 with the app speedtest. I gotta wonder if it has to do with the new Quantenna firmware.

No MAC filter. If I rescan a few more times it will eventually show the 2.4Ghz networks but not the 5Ghz ones.

I also discovered another thing that is more "serious". 5Ghz speed is slower with .59. I get about 30Mbit/s on my 100 Mbit/s connection. On .58 I got the full speed. Tested on a Galaxy S4 with the app speedtest. I gotta wonder if it has to do with the new Quantenna firmware.
Check and see if you have QOS enabled. Even the QOS bandwidth monitor will crap your speed.

In webgui i see 71,8GB free space but in telnet 23GB
usb.png

Code:
VANT@RTAC87U:/tmp/home/root# df -h
Filesystem  Size  Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root  43.9M  43.9M  0 100% /
devtmpfs  124.7M  0  124.7M  0% /dev
tmpfs  124.8M  6.2M  118.7M  5% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock4  62.8M  2.1M  60.6M  3% /jffs
/dev/sdb1  916.9G  845.0G  25.3G  97% /tmp/mnt/sdb1
VANT@RTAC87U:/tmp/home/root#
Its normal ?

Can't reproduce it here (and I do reboot a lot). Since the issue also exists in the stock firmware, we'll have to wait for Asus to fix it, as I have no way of tracking it down.

Ok thanx a lot anyway. And what about this one? Any chance of getting it fixed? Or may be you see any walkaround?

And one more question. There are no ip, dns, mask, gateway and so on fields in dual wan settings for usb modem as secondary wan. So this means that if you have fixed ip and dns settings for primary wan - after primary wan goes down - secondary wan tries to use the same settings for usb modem and gets errors (usb modem cannot have the same ip and dns settings as my isp gives me for my primary connection). There should be an option to enter separate ip and dns settings or "get automatically" option - so my usb modem could have it's own ip and dns and not use ones that are set for primary cable connection. Thank you once again!

Too many wifi drops on my iPhone and iPad with .59, reverting back to .58

RT-AC3200

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

. 59 running solid on my AC56U. Dirty flashed each rom release (including betas) since .57 without issue. I've activated adaptive QoS, VPN, traffic monitor, IPv6 and all seem to be working fine. A+ bufferbloat with QoS active. Thanks Merlin!

I'm Back on .59 But still getting of Connection drop via Wireless and wired Connection Everything is set up correctly I have FActory reset my n66u still anyideas?

What wifi range? I have had trouble in past with the upper 5.8 DFS range in UK, I tried Jon's fork - it solves this problem by not having those channels nos selectable!

The biggest risk is that secure mode determines if a network client is allowed to forward a port toward a different IP. That means without secure mode enabled, a mobile phone could have a malware that opens ports to your other computers at home.

there is a secure mode for UPnP? gathering it not part of ac66u software

With the talk about FCC policies lately, I've checked my country code and got this output despite being in the US.

Code:
wl0_country_code=Q2
wl0_country_rev=32
wl_country_code=
wl1_country_rev=32
wl_country_rev=32
wl1_country_code=Q2

Is this something I should change? I've seen others have wl0_country_code=US

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!