What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I asked because I’ve inadvertently installed the wrong firmware in the past and had the exclamation mark appear. It took me ages to realise it was my mistake and not a problem with the router or the firmware.
Have you done a factory reset and cold boot?
Thanks. Cold boot...YES. Did a factory reset prior to 384.7.2 Can't do I every time du to that I have to rename most of our 25 connected devices every time. The router can't recognize what type of device is connected. Need to know due to that some devices are blocked certain hours / day.

Thanks. Did a factory reset prior to 384.7.2 Can't do I every time du to that I have to rename most of our 25 connected devices every time. The router can't recognize what type of device is connected. Need to know due to that some devices are blocked certain hours / day.
Are you able to do a cold reboot? Just switch your router off for a few minutes without the power cable in, see if that works.
You should really do a factory reset after an update rather than before and then manually configure the router

Is that to the left of the WiFi Icon? I had that blinking yellow exclamation with 384.8 Beta2 on the 68U and was going to post/ask about today, then today I updated and don' t see that anymore.

Yes, to the left of the WiFI icon.

Are we supposed to be seeing the Game Boost tab? I don't remember seeing it in 384.7_2

Are we supposed to be seeing the Game Boost tab? I don't remember seeing it in 384.7_2
Anton,

Think that’s WTFast. It was re-enabled in 384.8:

• Fixed a bug in curl causing some applications to crash on non-HND models. This fixes IFTTT and WTFast (which has been re-enabled, however remains untested)

Anton,

Think that’s WTFast. It was re-enabled in 384.8:

• Fixed a bug in curl causing some applications to crash on non-HND models. This fixes IFTTT and WTFast (which has been re-enabled, however remains untested)

Thank you!

Anton

Question about memory usage: I have a couple of routers, one is a AC88U and the other a AC86U. Both have the same amount of memory, 512MB. I upgraded both from beta2 to 384.8 and did a factory reset after updating. The configuration is identical with the exact same scripts running. The AC88U is using ~314MB of memory while the AC86U is using ~446MB of memory. How come the AC86U is using so much more memory? In fact I have to turn off the JFFS partition before upgrading the AC86U otherwise the firmware won't load.
Pic 1 AC86U, Pic 2 AC88U
upload_2018-12-4_9-56-59.png
upload_2018-12-4_9-58-10.png

Interesting. Was just looking at the bumped revision entry. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

During minor revision development, odd numbers are dev, even numbers are releases.

How come the AC86U is using so much more memory?

Completely different architecture and kernel, 64-bit kernel, etc...

Are you able to do a cold reboot? Just switch your router off for a few minutes without the power cable in, see if that works.
You should really do a factory reset after an update rather than before and then manually configure the router

Hi again.

After being connected to internet for 8 hours it stopped blinking yellow. All OK. Case closed :)

upload_2018-12-4_16-8-26.png

No need to, unless you run into unexpected issues.

No need to update to the latest FW? (Unless having issues)

Was in relation to another person saying would they need to do a factory reset first. I wanted to know if I could do a dirty update from 384.7_2 to the latest as it’s only a . Jump

AiMesh button disappeared in 384.8 for AC88U, why?

CzMHw36.png
Maybe because Merlin does not support AiMesh (never has, and has no plan to ever...)?!?

During minor revision development, odd numbers are dev, even numbers are releases.
Completely different architecture and kernel, 64-bit kernel, etc...
So is the low free memory on the AC86U normal? Or do I have a NVRam issue on this router?

So is the low free memory on the AC86U normal? Or do I have a NVRam issue on this router?
It is perfectly normal for rt-ac86u to use more memory, though I must ask is their any special setup on your end. I have rt-ac86u as well and only use 52% of memory.
Maybe do factory reset and then see how much it uses before doing any custom setup, if it stays high like what you describing it could be issue with your router.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!