What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Since the betas, I've had a flashing yellow exclamation mark again. How can I remove it?

:) Thanks

Thank you for that tidbit. I have always been using the Adaptive QOS because I was under the impression that it would actually help us. We use Voip (Google voice), lots of different streaming services and PIA VPN as well. We use the VPN only because our isp seems to throttle YouTube, but the very second the VPN is turned on YouTube suddenly works perfectly even for 8K videos. I have to assume that the isp has some kind of throttling in place. It used to also do it with Netflix, but that somehow remedied itself back in late 2016. Now Netflix just works as it should. I put the Voip QOS at the top position, then streaming video at #2, web #3 and transfers at #4.

Not sure if this is the ideal setup for VDSL 40/5 but that is what I been using for several years now. At this low of throughput should I be even bothering to use QOS?
This would be a good read for you and possibly a few others on this thread :)
https://routerguide.net/nat-acceleration-on-or-off/

I'm currently using a no-ip DDNS free service which requires reactivation every 30 days. I had signed up with another free DDNS service "DYNU" but I can't set it up in AX-88U as it's not listed as one of the service under DDNS tab. Can someone recommend a good free DDNS service that is also listed in the AX router for setup? Thanks
You can use afraid.org its a good choise.

Know issue, already fixed locally.

Is there any way to use the Apply button on the OpenVPN Server page in the meantime (through any browser tricks, etc)? I'd like to avoid having to downgrade to a previous FW version, but I'd also like to get my OpenVPN server running again. :)

I have a small issue on dnsmasq after upgrade to 384.8. Dnsmasq fails to start if you have dhcp-boot statement for external pxe server
The log message shows
Dec 4 16:23:03 custom_config: Appending content of /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add.
Dec 4 16:23:04 dnsmasq[13078]: error at line 79 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
Dec 4 16:23:04 dnsmasq[13078]: FAILED to start up

line 79 is dhcp-boot statement which I set to
dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0,lnx240,192.168.1.240

RT-AC3100 updated from 384.4 to 384.8 this afternoon. Configured for Media Bridge as it was before, performed the resets and configured once again from scratch. I am receiving this 3 line error which seems to be repeated approx every 20 to 30 seconds, and eventually the device is no longer reachable with GUI, ssh, or ping. I was unable to determine if this has been reported previously.
Code:
Dec  4 17:31:36 kernel: EMF_ERROR: Invalid interface identifier
Dec  4 17:31:36 kernel: EMF_ERROR: Invalid interface specified to rtport add
Dec  4 17:31:36 kernel: Failed to add EMF rtport entry for (null)

Dirty upgrade on RT-AC86U from 384.7_2 to 384.8 with no issues other than having to clear my browser cache (Chrome) to be able to see entries in fields.

Thank you!!!

On my RT-AX88U i try to configure a standard openvpn or PPTP, everytime when add a username and psw. after pushing apply button , the psw is change to a weird psw.
So i cant login by VPN :-(

factory reset didnt help.

i even try import a old .config from RT-AC88U with the same result :-(
Any idea what happend ?

Attachments

• AX88U.JPG
    AX88U.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 400
Someone else just left it for 8 hours and it disappeared on its own.

I had it as well, and like a couple of other users mine has now disappeared by itself.

I've had a flashing yellow exclamation mark again. How can I remove it?

/Tools/OtherSettings/Miscellaneous Options;
New firmware version check(no)
Check for new beta firmware releases(no)

/Tools/OtherSettings/Miscellaneous Options;
New firmware version check(no)
Check for new beta firmware releases(no)

ahh, that was it on my 68U which is running in Repeater mode. Many options in the gui are not shown including the Wireless Settings when in Repeater mode.

Is that normal when running in Repeater mode?

I simply use the direct link (changing the IP) from my 86U running in Wireless Router Mode.

ahh, that was it on my 68U which is running in Repeater mode. Many options in the gui are not shown including the Wireless Settings when in Repeater mode.

Is that normal when running in Repeater mode?

I simply use the direct link (changing the IP) from my 86U running in Wireless Router Mode.
Yes, many settings are not applicable in repeater mode, and therefore are not shown.

Yes, many settings are not applicable in repeater mode, and therefore are not shown.

well, the Main Menu (or list on the left side) is missing many sections, yet those are applicable, like:

Wireless settings
Tools (for that f/w check) as posted above
and more

With Repeater, the default on 2.4GHz was 20/40 bandwidth (and using 40MHz) with Auto channel selection picking Channel 8, my neighbors would love me for that. So I had to do several changes there. I run only 20Mhz width and 1, 6 or 11 (currently 11) on 2.4GHz.

Under Wireless | Professional, there are only two settings so perhaps the rest are not applicable though I'd think some would be, especially for the 2nd non-Repeating Radio but they are not available.

Last edited:
I also noticed when I connected the 68U w/Beta 2 or final, the 68U had most of the client names and icons and the 86U picked up some of those names and icons once the 68U connected to the 86U.

Before, the 86U was really only showing the MAC (before I had the 68U connected to it). Would have made the manual DHCP and DNSFilter entries on the 86U initial config go quicker with names.

What's up with that? LOL

Last edited:
Is there any way to use the Apply button on the OpenVPN Server page in the meantime (through any browser tricks, etc)? I'd like to avoid having to downgrade to a previous FW version, but I'd also like to get my OpenVPN server running again. :)

You'd have to copy the web page to jffs, bind mount it, and manually fix the Javascript error... Or revert back to 384.8 beta 2 and wait for a fixed build.

Reactions: Civ
On my RT-AX88U i try to configure a standard openvpn or PPTP, everytime when add a username and psw. after pushing apply button , the psw is change to a weird psw.
So i cant login by VPN :-(

factory reset didnt help.

i even try import a old .config from RT-AC88U with the same result :-(
Any idea what happend ?

Disable web add-ons, one of them is messing with the DOM, or you have an autofill playing tricks on you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!