What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an issue with the new Beta on an AX88U, and a brother mfc -2750dw printer refusing to print. I also noticed that airprint could not find the printer.

The router said it was connected, but the status on numerous windows clients said unavailable. Rebooting router, printer, and different clients did not fix the problem.

ventually installed the latest stock asus beta firmware, and the issue was resolved.
I have a brother HL-L2350DW printer that's wirelessly connected to AX88U on beta 1 and working with all network clients and airprinting with all iOS.

Thanks. So what model Asus would be a better model to get closer to the speeds I am getting from my providers device?

None of them. Their fastest router can handle around 200-250 Mbps of OpenVPN throughput. You'd need a desktop-class CPU like an Intel i3 to handle anything close to that (assuming the VPN provider also supports anything close to that as well, which I doubt).

According to the changelong and the first post, the current version of OpenSSL is vulnerable and should be upgraded to 1.1.1i, per OpenSSL Security Advisory of December 8, 2020:

None of the built-in services can be remotely exploited in this manner on a router.

Did someone post awhile ago on how to eliminate the, well, irritating "wlceventd" entries in the log?

By that I mean, is there a way to set the Default Message Log Level, and Log Only Messages More Urgent Than so that Skynet, etc.. continues to function but you reduce the amount of unnecessary debugging log entries?

Thanks,
Anton
RMerlin explained this previously -

wlceventd is unrelated to DHCP. It's a daemon Asuswrt runs to detect wireless client connecting/disconnecting. There's a bug in the closed source code that has debugging output getting logged even if debugging is disabled (it doesn't properly check the debug flag state).

If you drop the level of encryption, eg. 256 bit to 128 bit, your throughput will improve.
or they could try WireGuard

@RMerlin .. Eric.. in the official Beta Firmware, there is a problem with the Guest network ignoring block internet access and time scheduling for clients attached to any of the 3 possible SSIDs, Is this something in the closed source section of the code or is this "by design" or can/do you enforce this adherence in your code? Thank you for all you do for us..

I am not sure if I should report this "bug" here or not... since Merlin has a good tie with ASUS I am going to post here.

I am using Merlin's 386.1_alpha4 on a AX88U and then ASUS RT-AC5300 9.0.0.4.386_41157 in AIMesh Node. Since the RT-AC5300 has 5ghz-2 when set the Ethernet Backhaul, the 5Ghz-2 doesn't get any DHCP address ipv4 but ipv6 gets assigned. If I statically assign an IP that is the same as my main 5GHZ-1 it will route out.

Hopefully Merlin can reach out to ASUS to let them know

No idea, I haven't looked at that.

Checked, 386.1-B1 has the same problem. Starting from 384.19, it is not possible to generate a new self-signed certificate. As shown in the example picture, when the router IP address is changed to generate a new certificate, it will not work. still the old certificate.
1.PNG

Had an issue with the new Beta on an AX88U, and a brother mfc -2750dw printer refusing to print. I also noticed that airprint could not find the printer.

The router said it was connected, but the status on numerous windows clients said unavailable. Rebooting router, printer, and different clients did not fix the problem.

ventually installed the latest stock asus beta firmware, and the issue was resolved.

when my hp printer, which is connected through usb, doesn't want to print, I run the following command:

Code:
service restart_u2ec

and then it works.

I think I found another bug I am using Merlin's 386.1_alpha4 on a AX88U and on 5ghz-1 Guest Wireless 2 and 3 will NOT accept any connections no matter what I tried. 2Ghz Guest Wireless 2 and 3 doesn't work though.

Last edited:
If you drop the level of encryption, eg. 256 bit to 128 bit, your throughput will improve.
Or use PPTP/L2TP (which does basically the same). It's also much easier to configure.

With reference to my earlier post at

Can anyone help me out? Specifically:

I keep encountering the following error when trying to upgrade my Aimesh node firmware from 384.19 to 386.1 beta 1:

aimesh upgrade.jpg

What should I do to resolve this?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!