What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is! And it's RMerlin's answer (repeated many, many times in these forums), not mine. :)

Im working with the new beta and I’m using Ethernet from my ax88u to my lg tv with xfinity internet. 600 mb/s and I still get buffering issues watching 4K on movies anywhere. Anyone have any tips?

Just dirty flashed my AC3100 from 384.19 to 386 beta 1.

GUI loaded fine, but processor usage on both cores never dropped under 65%.
Rebooted
Processor usage returned to normal. Then I noticed that zero wireless clients were showing when I clicked on "View List" under clients. None (not even the laptop I was using to configure it). All hardwired clients were showing. Also, my AIMesh stopped working.
Flashed the 2nd router (aimesh node...AC68U) to 386.1 with no issues.

Still couldn't add the AIMESH node from the first router.
Reset my AC3100 back to 384.19 without issue. All clients once again show and I could add the AIMESH node router.

Flashed 386 beta 1 back to the AC3100 again. Still won't show any wireless clients and cannot add AiMesh node.

Flashed the AC3100 back to 384.19.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Just dirty flashed my AC3100 from 384.19 to 386 beta 1.

GUI loaded fine, but processor usage on both cores never dropped under 65%.
Rebooted
Processor usage returned to normal. Then I noticed that zero wireless clients were showing when I clicked on "View List" under clients. None (not even the laptop I was using to configure it). All hardwired clients were showing. Also, my AIMesh stopped working.
Flashed the 2nd router (aimesh node...AC68U) to 386.1 with no issues.

Still couldn't add the AIMESH node from the first router.
Reset my AC3100 back to 384.19 without issue. All clients once again show and I could add the AIMESH node router.

Flashed 386 beta 1 back to the AC3100 again. Still won't show any wireless clients and cannot add AiMesh node.

Flashed the AC3100 back to 384.19.

Anyone else having similar issues?

There's a problem with the 386.1 and the AC3100 and AC5300. Hopefully it will be corrected in the next beta. People are flashing them to the stock firmware beta RC2-9. I'm using 386.1 on my main router AC86U and RC2-9 on my node the AC3100.

Im working with the new beta and I’m using Ethernet from my ax88u to my lg tv with xfinity internet. 600 mb/s and I still get buffering issues watching 4K on movies anywhere. Anyone have any tips?
Are you using QOS at all? Do you have the correct bandwidth values entered?

It seems the speedtest is CPU-bound, at least on the RT-AC68. I have gigabit fiber and it tops out at about 300 Mbps. On a wired PC I can get around 700 Mbps. The router’s hardware acceleration is on.

I made a Factory reset before updating from previous version and set manually all the settings.
When I tried to restore jffs partition from backup I entered in the loop where I cannot access to the GUI again.
Any suggestion?

I do know how to get past the GUI hang. SSH in, look for the nt_center process that is eating all the CPU, kill -9 it.

Not sure if it’s something in JFFS causing the hang or not. One of my routers hangs after being rebooted, the other does not. They have pretty much identical config and JFFS, only difference is one is an OpenVPN server (hangs) and the other is the client (no hang). I’ve cleaned up the JFFS and removed everything but the certs and YazFi... still does it.

Maybe you guys can help me debug a issue.Using Aimesh. 386beta 1 on rt-86u (main), 1 86u node (wired backhaul), 2 68u nodes (wifi backhaul), all 386. About once a day the internet comes to
a crawl. Speedtest in router shows good speeds. Nothing in logs. Rebooting the main router which I reconnect to does nothing. Rebooting
the whole aimesh system instantly puts everything back to full speed. Sometimes it seems like it could be dns causing the issue, but hard
to tell.
Only thing on the main is flexqos. And I installed unbound yesterday just to see if it helped any with dns (did not).
This seems like a Aimesh issue, so more then likely not merlin specific. I may try Stock when I have time.
I have had a node to far away before which causes issues with the whole system when it connected/reconnected. But that shouldnt be the case now. And signal quality shows great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!