What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta (stage 2) is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy upgrade from 384.19. My only observation so far is an annoying browser issue on iPadOS 14 Safari when viewing the Speedtest page. The iframe doesn’t get the full 1035px height so you have to scroll to see all the parts of the speedtest page. Works fine on a desktop browser, so not a big deal - just annoying. Cleared Safari cache without any change. Anyone else able to reproduce this on an iPad?

1611673659816.png

EDIT: This was in HTTP mode. Draws fine in HTTPS mode.

Last edited:
guys I am still having 88c of my AC86U on beta 5.
What temperature you guys have?
67C - But I have a cooling fan. Was 58C on 384.19 yesterday. No apparent issues on 386.1 beta 5. QOS-Bandwidth Monitor even seems to be working.

trying to update to B5 from B4
it stuck on Please wait, Applying Settings...
rebooted ,hard rebooted , no avail

Both of my ax88u were on beta 4. Tired to upgrade to 5. The Aimesh node(ax88u) took the upgrade. But the main one won’t

You need to use the Firmware Recovery Tool to upgrade from beta 4, that build was broken and pulled off after a few hours.

You need to use the Firmware Recovery Tool to upgrade from beta 4, that build was broken and pulled off after a few hours.
I am so late to beta5 party. I have two AX88Us to upgrade from allegedly unupgradable beta4.

Will try after work. Thanks for the hint about recovery tool.

Easy upgrade from 384.19. My only observation so far is an annoying browser issue on iPadOS 14 Safari when viewing the Speedtest page. The iframe doesn’t get the full 1035px height so you have to scroll to see all the parts of the speedtest page. Works fine on a desktop browser, so not a big deal - just annoying. Cleared Safari cache without any change. Anyone else able to reproduce this on an iPad?

View attachment 29892
I can't reproduce this with my iPad Air 2 or IPad Pro 11 (2020)

Have you accidentally loaded it in desktop mode?

67C - But I have a cooling fan. Was 58C on 384.19 yesterday. No apparent issues on 386.1 beta 5. QOS-Bandwidth Monitor even seems to be working.
Seeing the same numbers here. Cooling fans on the back of the unit as well.

View attachment 29892

Not an issue on my iPad Pro with Safari - displays correctly. -iPadOS 14.3

I can't reproduce this with my iPad Air 2 or IPad Pro 11 (2020)

Have you accidentally loaded it in desktop mode?
It is loaded in desktop mode, but it's deliberate. I'll keep playing with it. I was able to get it to render by changing the HTML.
Code:
# diff /www/AdaptiveQoS_InternetSpeed.asp /www/user/user2.asp
--- /www/AdaptiveQoS_InternetSpeed.asp
+++ /www/user/user2.asp
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@
 initial();
 });
 function load_page(){
-document.getElementById("internetSpeed_iframe").style.height = document.getElementById("FormTitle").style.height;
+document.getElementById("internetSpeed_iframe").style.height = "100%";
 document.getElementById("internetSpeed_iframe").src = "internet_speed.html";
 }
 function initial(){

It is loaded in desktop mode, but it's deliberate. I'll keep playing with it. I was able to get it to render by changing the HTML.
Code:
# diff /www/AdaptiveQoS_InternetSpeed.asp /www/user/user2.asp
--- /www/AdaptiveQoS_InternetSpeed.asp
+++ /www/user/user2.asp
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@
initial();
});
function load_page(){
-document.getElementById("internetSpeed_iframe").style.height = document.getElementById("FormTitle").style.height;
+document.getElementById("internetSpeed_iframe").style.height = "100%";
document.getElementById("internetSpeed_iframe").src = "internet_speed.html";
}
function initial(){
I just tried in desktop mode, in both landscape and portrait. Also in mobile mode in both orientations. I'm using iPadOS 14.3 as well. I simply can't make it fail.

BETA5 is broken. Get the following message when trying to install the latest firmware from both OneDrive and sourceforge.

Invalid Firmware Upload
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name RT-AX88U and version of firmware from support site and try again.

Edit: looks like BETA 4 was/is broken :(
Do you think I can hold out to the RC? Really dont want to go through the whole setup twice.

I just tried in desktop mode, in both landscape and portrait. Also in mobile mode in both orientations. I'm using iPadOS 14.3 as well. I simply can't make it fail.
OK, I can get it to work fine in HTTPS mode. If I use HTTP mode, it doesn't draw correctly. Done. Thanks.

BETA5 is broken. Get the following message when trying to install the latest firmware from both OneDrive and sourceforge.

Invalid Firmware Upload
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name RT-AX88U and version of firmware from support site and try again.

Edit: looks like BETA 4 was/is broken :(
Do you think I can hold out to the RC? Really dont want to go through the whole setup twice.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ta-stage-2-is-now-available.69116/post-655622

Correction. I spoke too fast, temp too high compared to beta 2

Temps on my AC86U are equal to or less than they were on Beta4b with CPU wait enabled. From my end it looks like Beta5 has definitely resulted in much lower temps than I was seeing on Beta4.

I have two RT-AC66U_B1s. Both running 386.1 beta 4. Neither will take beta 5, both give me the "Invalid Firmware Upload" error. I had to scp the AC68 firmware to /tmp and use mtd-write2.

Seeing a dhcpv6 / ddns restart, happening with no set frequency in the logs. I have ddns disabled.
Started seeing it in B4b.

RT-AX88U rc_service: dhcp6c 16524:notify_rc restart_ddns
RT-AX88U custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart ddns)

Same issue with this one as well, no set frequency but seeing both more often as the traffic increases.

RT-AX88U kernel: br0: received packet on eth7 with own address as source address

Normal noise?

I have two RT-AC66U_B1s. Both running 386.1 beta 4. Neither will take beta 5, both give me the "Invalid Firmware Upload" error. I had to scp the AC68 firmware to /tmp and use mtd-write2.

RT-AC66U_B1 dirty upgrade from beta 4 to beta 5. Running for almost 4 hours without issues. USB with Swap, Entware, Diversion, and YazFi.

RT-AC66U_B1 dirty upgrade from beta 4 to beta 5. Running for almost 4 hours without issues. USB with Swap, Entware, Diversion, and YazFi.
They're working fine after copying the firmware over and writing it locally. It's possible the web UI was timing out on uploading it, I have to update these via VPN or SSH tunnel (yes, I know...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!