What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2_6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

All your issues are unrelated to Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. You had a failing USB drive and messed up scripts as a result.
if it helps, on my RT-AC5300 i had my USB thumb drive while upgrading to 386.2_6, on my RT-AC68u i had a USB connected HDD from an old laptop in an enclosure. both upgrades no issues.

All your issues are unrelated to Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. You had a failing USB drive and messed up scripts as a result.
One of the reasons I recommend using a SSD over a thumb drive. I was also using a USB drive which died after a year and a half. And now SSD ever since and been a few years now and no issues.

What do you guys use the storage for on your router? I use it for receiving scanned documents via FTP from my scanner, and then presenting that to my computer via samba share. Works fine in 386.2_6 so long as the account is set up without a dollar sign '$' in the password - with a dollar sign '$' in the password I would get invalid password errors when trying to access in Windows 10.

What do you guys use the storage for on your router? I use it for receiving scanned documents via FTP from my scanner, and then presenting that to my computer via samba share. Works fine in 386.2_6 so long as the account is set up without a dollar sign '$' in the password - with a dollar sign '$' in the password I would get invalid password errors when trying to access in Windows 10.

The add on "scripts" require a 2GB swap file allocation. (such as Diversion and Skynet)

if it helps, on my RT-AC5300 i had my USB thumb drive while upgrading to 386.2_6, on my RT-AC68u i had a USB connected HDD from an old laptop in an enclosure. both upgrades no issues.

AC68U requires more often USB removal + reboot before update because of less RAM available.

One of the reasons I recommend using a SSD over a thumb drive.

Sure. Everyone with a "rock solid" router and scripts on USB stick will learn his/her lesson sooner or later.

Sure. Everyone with a "rock solid" router and scripts on USB stick will learn his/her lesson sooner or later

I have changed mine about 1.5 years ago, have never looked back USB/SSD

Same here, never unplugged it as I had plenty of memory available (AX58U)... or maybe I just didn't think of it. ;)

I use a USB/M.2 SSD adapter with an M.2 SSD drive from a laptop I had upgraded. Been working great for a year so far. Speed wise a bit of overkill, but I like to find homes for recycled PC parts!

Yes, give it a try. Afterwards do your manual settings. Please use no old backup. In this case you will end up in same state.
Good luck!

RT-AC86U fresh install hard reboot with WPS and manual configuration. WiFi separated between 2.4 and 5 MHz plus 2.4 MHz guest network only DNS added and VPN as server and clients configured. After couple hours loosing internet connectivity on 2.4 WiFi network and guest network showed on clients they are connected but no access to internet reboot helps on wired connection and 5 MHz all fine I've bought router last week don't know if it is hardware or software problem any ideas ?

Last edited:
RT-AC86U fresh install hard reboot with WPS and manual configuration. WiFi separated between 2.4 and 5 MHz plus 2.4 MHz guest network only DNS added and VPN as server and clients configured. After couple hours loosing internet connectivity on 2.4 WiFi network and guest network showed on clients they are connected but no access to internet reboot helps on wired connection and 5 MHz all fine I've bought router last week don't know if it is hardware or software problem any ideas ?
Was it working before you upgraded it. What firmware was it on. Anything wifi is closed source.

Flashed with Merlin after purchase so didn't tested it was on Asus firmware no closed sources around router only tv nearby 2.4 wifi works just drops connection with internet router still connected and also on 5 mhz everything fine

Did a 'dirty' upgrade from 386-2_4 as soon as 2_6 came out.

Everything's been working fine until last night when all the clients on the 2.4G networks disconnected - both main and guest (Using YazFi) where thrown off. The networks were still visible on clients but all attempts to connect failed.

5G network remained working fine.

A reboot brought it all back to normal.

In the log each client had two messages associated with them getting disconnected ...
-- wlceventd_proc_event / Deauth_ind
-- wlceventd_proc_event / Disassoc|
Don't have any more details from the log - I filter/ignore a lot of stuff, if it happens again I'll take the trouble to save the log before rebooting.

All the symptoms of a de-auth attack except the reboot clearing it

Can anyone tell if they latest Merlin version has added support for VPN Fusion on AX11000 - the first release change log specifically stated Fusion was not supported.

Regards.

Can anyone tell if they latest Merlin version has added support for VPN Fusion on AX11000 - the first release change log specifically stated Fusion was not supported.

Regards.
No, VPN Fusion is not supported, and there are no plans for this to ever happen. Use the built-in Policy routing feature instead, it can do the same thing, and much more.

no sure is this a bug or hardware issue on my Ax1000 , when i clicked on the ai mesh page i will get this error : err_socket_not_connected and my internet connection will get disconnected. i am using :386.2_6

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png
    330.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 2.28.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 2.28.44 PM.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 114
^^^ Hi, Fully refresh the browser page - Cntl+Shft+R (in FF) or whatever browser you are using.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!