What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have problems upgrading, then try the usual:

- Unplug any USB disk, reboot, then try upgrading
- Try a different browser

Same procedure as with every previous release, there has been no change at that level.

I’m using the same browser/computer configuration that I’ve used to update countless times before.

Thank You RMerlin!
The only issue for The Gris during the upgrade from beta_3 to Release, was the difficulty I experience reading The Change Log due to the blue colored background.
I will perform a full reset after The Family is asleep, as I always do at FW Release.

Perfect upgrade from Beta3, all systems are go!
Sadly my upgrade did not go well. This is a first.

After the upgrade, my Nest cameras were having issues (2.4Ghz) staying connected and my Rogers Ignite 4K Box (5GHz) kept freezing/going dark/coming back. I've never seen that before. Restarted the peripherals a number of times, rebooted APs etc... but had to revert to Beta 3. Issues all gone. Family came back home so needed to get a stable wifi back. I'll try again over the weekend to see what's up. The changes Merlin noted above should not have made any of these differences, so this is a very odd one and likely something on my end. I'll report back when I try again.

I’m using the same browser/computer configuration that I’ve used to update countless times before.

Well, let's see if every other AC3100 user experiences the same intractable problems you're experiencing. Then we'll have a better idea if the firmware is problematic on those devices, or just on your specific setup.

After the upgrade, my Nest cameras were having issues (2.4Ghz) staying connected and my Rogers Ignite 4K Box (5GHz) kept freezing/going dark/coming back. I've never seen that before. Restarted the peripherals a number of times, rebooted APs etc... but had to revert to Beta 3. Issues all gone. Family came back home so needed to get a stable wifi back. I'll try again over the weekend to see what's up. The changes Merlin noted above should not have made any of these differences, so this is a very odd one and likely something on my end. I'll report back when I try again.
Look inside for the answers you seek, brother.

I did a dirty upgrade from 386.2_6 to 386.3 on my RT-AC88U. I lost IPV6 after the upgrade for some reason which hasn't happened in years. I toggled IPV6 off and then back on again and got IPV6 back. Other than that it seems okay so far.

Last edited:

Sounds similar to the issues I experienced going to beta3.

And the (closed source) upgrade code hasn't changed in months, if not years.

With every single new release there are always a few of these reports.

Dirty upgrade (from 386.2_6) without a flaw on both a RT-AX88U and a RT-AX58U. Thanks Merlin!
And now for the release notes (yes, one should read those before, but that is the amount of faith I have developed in Merlin's work(s). ;-) ).

All fine upgrading here from Alphas -> Beta 1/2/3 -> Release.
Thanks for great work as usual! :)

Thanks again for your hard work RMerlin,

Not sure this is the place for this questions but,
I noticed a small problem with VPN Director with the kill switch. I have PIA VPN, I route a single local IP via that VPN. With VPN Director, if i kill the OpenVPN client the kill switch works as expected, however upon reboot I see kill switch does not work. Traffic goes through my Public IP until the VPN client is connected.

Is there a log file which i can check out for further troubleshooting?

I get "Invalid Firmware Upload" trying to do a dirty upgrade from 386.2_6 to 386.3 on a freshly rebooted RT-AX86U. Tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
Will try again after a factory reset later today.

all good, dirty upgrade from beta 3 on RT-AC86-U. 2 vpns running and VPN director running good.

great work Sir.

@RMerlin, Thanks for this great firmware again. No issues. Donation heading your way.

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 is now available for all supported model. This release introduces major changes to OpenVPN client handling, and also introduces the ability to generate QR Codes to make it easier to connect your mobile clients to your Wifi network.

Hi Mr. Guru! Please, which GPL version is under the hood?

Any chance of fixing up tor to compile on Ubuntu 18.04 plz
it broke recently

merlin@e3-1265lv2:~/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src$ aclocal --version
aclocal (GNU automake) 1.15.1

Code:
  tor 
make -C tor -j8
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/merlin/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src/router/tor'
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/sh /home/merlin/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src/router/tor/missing aclocal-1.16 -I m4
/home/merlin/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src/router/tor/missing: line 81: aclocal-1.16: command not found
WARNING: 'aclocal-1.16' is missing on your system.
         You should only need it if you modified 'acinclude.m4' or
         'configure.ac' or m4 files included by 'configure.ac'.
         The 'aclocal' program is part of the GNU Automake package:
         <https://www.gnu.org/software/automake>
         It also requires GNU Autoconf, GNU m4 and Perl in order to run:
         <https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf>
         <https://www.gnu.org/software/m4/>
         <https://www.perl.org/>
Makefile:7379: recipe for target 'aclocal.m4' failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!