What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 GNUton's builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just installed the 386.5_2-gnuton0 firmware, I notice that there seem to be issues loading of the System Status at first router boot login where i see lines of words before navigating to another tab and going back again the graph will show up properly. Also I have issues when loading some of the tabs, the background doesn't load properly.

Attachments

• 386.5_2-gnuton0 _AX95Q.jpg
    386.5_2-gnuton0 _AX95Q.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Just installed the 386.5_2-gnuton0 firmware, I notice that there seem to be issues loading of the System Status at first router boot login where i see lines of words before navigating to another tab and going back again the graph will show up properly. Also there is another issues that perplexed me as I am seeing a anonymous device connecting to 5Ghz1 and it has a different MAC address to my slave node. I did a physical factory reset and a factory reset in the administration page.
perhaps you could apply the latest beta https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/releases

Last edited:
Beta is only ment to be for testing, not recommended for long term. Please correct me if I am wrong tho, but sure it's what I've read on here.

Also web ui issues may be adblockers if installed or old web cache data.

Beta is only ment to be for testing, not recommended for long term. Please correct me if I am wrong tho, but sure it's what I've read on here.

Also web ui issues may be adblockers if installed or old web cache data.

Yeah the beta is more for testing but for now it work well for me, will switch to stable build once it is out. I have whitelist the web ui but not sure why it has issues loading properly, as i didn't encountered this issues with asus official firmware.

Edit: One thing I noticed about the 386.07_0-gnuton0_beta3 is that it has very fast node connection, and the wireless backhaul works splendidly as compared to Asus official firmware. Really appreciate this improved stability. ;)

Last edited:
Has anybody dirty flashed this firmware successful? Are there any tips to restore the old settings when you factory reset?

If you want to test read back on the beta thread, and test what people found in beta 2, see if fix in 3? I've had dsl problems so on official and can not test

Last edited:
Has anybody dirty flashed this firmware successful? Are there any tips to restore the old settings when you factory reset?
Settings wise, I found it dont take long but DHCP, if you search DHCP backup your find info how to if needed.
Also notice this is not the beta thread. Please keep to the correct thread.

DSL-AX82U 386.07_2-gnuton1 DSL could not work with some ISPs: The DSL model connects but the DHCP doesn't get an IP.
I do have plan to release a 386.8 firmware only for DSL-AX82U which fixes this in the coming weeks.

DSL-AX82U 386.07_2-gnuton1 DSL could not work with some ISPs: The DSL model connects but the DHCP doesn't get an IP.
I do have plan to release a 386.8 firmware only for DSL-AX82U which fixes this in the coming weeks.
Hi, I just registered for saying thank you, for providing a Merlin Software for the DSL-AX82U!!

Is somebody using the Download Master in this Version?
I used it before in ASUSWRT without any issues, but atm I'm facing different issues.
At the end its installed but I'm not able to reach the webfrontend of it.

Firefox did nothing when I click on Download Master and Edge goes for this Adress "about:blank#blocked".

I tried different USB Devices and formated them, I also did several reboots of the router and installations of the USB App.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't dirty flashed but the best way to insure your "old settings" are saved is to save settings prior to any flashing otherwise as myself and many others have done in the past you may be reconnecting and renaming all your connected devices and settings which if you have time on your hands may be ok but who has that:)

RT-AX82u just updated from 386.07_2-gnuton0 to 386.07_2-gnuton1, the upgrade worked well but I have a remaining issue on this router which I had with it even on the factory firmware. Issue 1: it drops devices randomly from the internet yet stays connected to the router. Issue 2: VPN director settings fail to start the client after reboot, I have to start them manually each reboot.

Haven't dirty flashed but the best way to insure your "old settings" are saved is to save settings prior to any flashing otherwise as myself and many others have done in the past you may be reconnecting and renaming all your connected devices and settings which if you have time on your hands may be ok but who has that:)
I found it was just dhcp setting to back up else the other setting tock 5 min. I use this to backup dhcp
Thread 'DHCP Backup' https://www.snbforums.com/threads/dhcp-backup.79807/
RT-AX82u just updated from 386.07_2-gnuton0 to 386.07_2-gnuton1, the upgrade worked well but I have a remaining issue on this router which I had with it even on the factory firmware. Issue 1: it drops devices randomly from the internet yet stays connected to the router. Issue 2: VPN director settings fail to start the client after reboot, I have to start them manually each reboot.
I have noticed this too on official, if you go to Asus I started a topic there. For me I also notice I can not access the dsl ax82u device if another device if downloading, yet browsing the web or download on another device still works just unable to connect to the router itself due to time out.
Also this may help a bit with the disconnects.

Are there any instructions on how to flash this firmware?

What I do is if I was flashing from asus firmware to merlin, a quick soft reset, via the router web ui with Initialize ticked, then flash the correct firmware for your model, from the web UI, after the firmware upgrade quick check see if it's the correct version was installed in the web UI, then hard reset the router, then enter your settings.

If its from merlin stable to stable, normally a soft reset with Initialize ticked will do or you can try doing a dirty flash e.g no resetting unless you get problems with features then a soft reset should be enough, unless the firmware notes requested it.

Thanks for these builds @GNUton ! Will try flashing my two xt8's later tonight. Just to be sure: I have to flash the firmware on both the devices, right? Router and node? And go completely back to factory settings? Thanks again!

Thanks for these builds @GNUton ! Will try flashing my two xt8's later tonight. Just to be sure: I have to flash the firmware on both the devices, right? Router and node? And go completely back to factory settings? Thanks again!
yes, flash both (all) nodes and apply the factory reset to both of them.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!