What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had (for the first time) problems uploading the firmware (going from 386.5 to 386.5_2). After four trials (sometimes being frozen in "applying settings" screen, some times indicating firmware upload error), it uploaded well, and now working without problems. Thank you RMerlin for the quick implementation of security patches :).

AX56U of a friend- done an easy upgrade remotely, all seems to be working without any problems.
Keep them going this seamless and we are good to go ;)
Thank you @RMerlin for your work!

WIll do later tonight an update to my Mesh sys I have with AX88U *2

Did we come to a conclusion as to what are the best settings for Syslog to filter out the Cant delete mesh UDB spam?

386.5 to 386.5_2 and all is wonderful.

I assume the 386.5_1 Test build is the same as the 386.5_2 Release build? Just a rev bump?

EDIT: Filthy upgrade done to all gear (Router/APs). No issues observed. 2nd round of reboots done. Devices all re-connected, Nest and IOT devices all behaving nice. DDNS good, DNSFilter good. VPN Director configs all good. Router speed test comes back as expected.

Many thanks again to @RMerlin and team and all the testers.

Last edited:
A faultless, dirty upgrade from 386.5_0 to 386.5_2 and now running perfectly. Thanks again RMerlin

Dirty upgrade from 386.5 to 386.5_2 about 3 hours ago. No issues. Thanks for the hard work.

Just upgraded dirty upgrade 386.5 to 386.5_2 my 2* AX88U I have.
Frankly? expected few hours of debugging etc. it is just working... nothing to check
Within 5 min my system is up and running.
Have decided about a month ago to disable IPv6, because I thought it has some issues (from ISP side, nothing I can proof at the time being), so it is all good.
Anyway no use I can think of now for it, no harm no foul.

Thank you dear @RMerlin !
Now I actually have to think what do I do with the rest of my free time ;)

I assume the 386.5_1 Test build is the same as the 386.5_2 Release build? Just a rev bump?

EDIT: Filthy upgrade done to all gear (Router/APs). No issues observed. 2nd round of reboots done. Devices all re-connected, Nest and IOT devices all behaving nice. DDNS good, DNSFilter good. VPN Director configs all good. Router speed test comes back as expected.

Many thanks again to @RMerlin and team and all the testers.

Same for your fancy AX routers indeed... but for others:
- FIXED: Cannot enable Adaptive QoS under certain scenarios on pre-HND router models.

As usual, I have first unmounted my USB devices then dirty upgraded from 386.5_1-g8858f16344 to 386.5_2. As expected, no issues.

Thank you Éric

Updated AC86U to 386.5_2 from _1 and everything's running great.
Thanks @RMerlin! We all really appreciate you updating between major releases to help put our minds at ease. :)

If I had to report that my network was dead after updating from 386.5 to 386.5_2 (with a little rub up against 386.5_1 in the passing), I would. But I can't. All is ship-shape.

Dirty upgrade from 386.5 to 386.5_2 on both router and Aimesh node and all is well.

Scored a trifecta this time too - download correct firmware for model (check), install correct firmware to correct device (check), remember not to forget to remove usb drive (check)!

Thanks for all your work keeping us safe @RMerlin

Yet another in a multi-year string of successful unwashed upgrades on what is now known as an "RT-AC1900" (aka, a device whose previous name shall never be uttered in this forum, lest you forever suffer banishment) with no ill affects whatsoever. Once again, it's good and I'm happy, or it's happy and I'm good, or both, or something...In any event, Merlin has yet again demonstrated that he is, indeed, quite the wizard.

Last edited:
Hello

update made from 386.5.
No issue with the Node (rt ac68u)
However when upgrading the main routeur rtac5300 lost internet and network
Tried to reboot multiple times but still no network and no internet
Internet led on the 5300 is dark
Tried a factory reset and importing settings w/o any success
So factory reset and manual setting

Last edited:
Tell bad actors to stop finding new security holes, so I don't have to update components between major releases.

It's ok, I'm a tea drinker anyway. :)
That's double the tea $ donations from me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!