What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth upgrade for both (AC86/AC88).
Survived online classes (gaming) from teens and all the other network abuses The Family seems to accomplish daily.

Still experiencing the same Very Senior Member issues:
-Downloading wrong fw, due to small print or wishful thinking.
-failing to safely remove usb before fw upgrade.
although, I haven't experienced any negative issues from not removing usb.

Oh wow... I... Just... I'm glad, I am not the only one here with a backstory similar SO MUCH!

There actually are times when there is a new FW release but I just have to wait until the WHOLE family has nothing important to do on the internet...

Btw, 386.5 looking good on my AC86U. Dirty flash, have no time for Nuclear Reset... :D

The "REBOOT" tab has no effect on my GT-AX11000, the router doesn't reboot when it is pressed.

The only way to reboot the router is to use the power button or reboot via the android ASUS router app.

Any ideas anyone?
No idea. Mine works fine. In fact, I rebooted it via this browser button right after dirty flashing this firmware. Everything seems fine so far (8hrs+).

Upgraded both my GT-AX11000 (main) and RT-AC88U (aimesh node in barn), then did a factory reset on both.

Had no issues reconfiguring the AX11000, however the AC88U would not join during aimesh setup, either wireless or wired. After numerous reboots, resets, etc. I ended up rolling it back to 386.4 and it just started working as expected. Not sure if this is a bug or what. Based on what I read - I am going to keep the aimesh node on the latest official build and not merlin.

I only did a factory reset since I did a backup and restore of the AC88U to the AX11000 when I purchased it last September. I've had some weird issues here and there and read it wasn't really supported moving between different models and different versions of the firmware. I rebuilt everything by hand and it all looks good now.

YMMV - typically I never have any issues and move up with every point release.

Upgraded 2 separate systems :
1- 2*AX88U - done dirty upgrade and done like a charm without a single issue- from 386.5 Beta 1 to 386.5 Stable. fastest update ever did without need to reset.
2- Ax56u - done 3 friends router only systems. works like a charm, and as it appears even VPN issues for some of them are resolved.

Is it time to pass the "Upgrade Torch" to a junior member of the family?
Perhaps he should have his Very Senior Status revoked to Senior Status in view of these atrocities.

Smooth upgrade for both (AC86/AC88).
Survived online classes (gaming) from teens and all the other network abuses The Family seems to accomplish daily.

Still experiencing the same Very Senior Member issues:
-Downloading wrong fw, due to small print or wishful thinking.
-failing to safely remove usb before fw upgrade.
although, I haven't experienced any negative issues from not removing usb.
As fairly new member of this asus-merlin forum, one future enhancement could be :

When selecting the file to use to flash, add a pop-up of sort like 'Are you sure you wish to apply this file for this upgrade ?'. As it is, it automatically starts the flash once you choose the file... scary!

How would I go about suggesting this?

I have not tried (due to I do not want to see what could happen) but would the update at least reject a file that is not in the expected format?

Also, as a complement to all 'Senior' members in this forum: I find this community a breath of fresh air vs the old forum I used to use (hhm.. dd-***). People are very knowledgeable over there as well but I find usually very cranky and treat people like idiots. We are all trying to learn from each other after all. However, in contrast, I can say that this forum is awesome ! Thanks all!

AX88U and my AI mesh AX58U upgraded to 386.5 from 386.5 beta... no issues, clean install and running smoothly. Great work mate as usual!

I tried to download 386.5 for AX86U, but it doesn't download... and i see also that there is 0 downloads for AX86U at version 386.5, so i guess there is a problem with the download file... which is why 0 people downloaded it for AX86U... i am able to download 386.4 withtout a problem... just 386.5

I tried to download 386.5 for AX86U, but it doesn't download... and i see also that there is 0 downloads for AX86U at version 386.5, so i guess there is a problem with the download file... which is why 0 people downloaded it for AX86U... i am able to download 386.4 withtout a problem... just 386.5
Looks to be fine when I just checked.

1646345168268.png

No issue downloading the RT-AX86U_386.5_0.zip from Sourceforge. If you click the "i" next to the "0" it shows "Total Downloads: 981" (at the time).

download.jpg

Last edited:
I downloaded it about 8 hours ago. No problem.

Clear your browser cache or Ctrl + F5 and try again.

Is the pixelserv-tls bug from 386.4 fixed ?

Where we had to either uninstall pixelserv-tls or disable Trend AI Protection as a workaround.

Maybe my tale will help someone. I know I got the idea reboots can cure issues from reading others' posts here.
That and reflashing over.

Tell me what is your AC86U temperature on the new firmware 386.5 ? I have a high temperature of 85 degrees at 386.4! On earlier firmware, the temperature did not exceed 72 degrees.

Running fine all day on Ax58...thanks!

Is the pixelserv-tls bug from 386.4 fixed ?

Where we had to either uninstall pixelserv-tls or disable Trend AI Protection as a workaround.
Just upgraded today my AX88U to 386.5, the issue is still there, log full of crashes, its not just pixelserv-tls, I use Entware for Transmission, quite disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!