What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
25-March-2022: 386.5_2 is now available, including a few fixes.

Code:
386.5_2 (25-March-2022)
  - UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1n.
  - UPDATED: openvpn to 2.5.6.
  - CHANGED: Added Wireguard module + userspace tool to
             GT-AXE11000.
  - FIXED: Only a few DNSFilter clients are supported
           on HND models (entries limited to 255 chars).
  - FIXED: Security issue in AiCloud (backport from Asus)
  - FIXED: Cannot enable Adaptive QoS under certain scenarios
           on pre-HND router models.

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available. This release introduces support for the RT-AC68U_V4 and GT-AXE11000 (both were originally planned for 386.4, but wifi issues with their GPLs forced both to be delayed to this release). This also merges with Asus's 386_46065 GPL code, and fixes a few issues.

The highlights of this release:

• Merged with GPL 386_46065 (note that a number of its security fixes were already present in 386.4)
  • Added support for the RT-AC68U V4. Just like with the original Asus firmware, support is implemented in a combined firmware image that supports both the older and newer models. That image might not work properly however when using Firmware Recovery Mode, in which case people should use a version older than 386.5.
  • Added support for the GT-AXE11000 (without its ROG UI or VPN Fusion).
  • Fixes issues related to the Trend Micro BWDPI engine on the RT-AX68U and RT-AX86U.
  • Dnsmasq was reverted back to 2.85 in an attempt to improve its stability
  • Avahi was updated to 0.8, and a few additional fixes were backported.
  • Miniupnpd was upgraded to 2.3.0.
  • Fixed netatalk failing to load its modules, which was breaking Time Machine
  • A number of fixes and improvements were implemented in Traditional QoS
  • And a few other minor fixes and improvements, please view the changelog for more details

Please keep discussions in this thread on this specific release. General support requests should be posted in a separate thread.

This thread will be locked once the post-release feedback has quieted down.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Last edited:
Let's GO! RIP my uptime...

It's still warm to the touch :)

whoa!! is this correct?? 35MB to 91 MB??

1646267245957.png

Well, I went ALL IN on this one. Did my 3 APs and the Router. Snuck it by the family with barely a complaint.

So far, all seems OK. Giving the router a quick check but DDNS, VPN Director setup, DNSFilter all seem to be good, no issues or configs lost. Devices re-connecting as we speak. Will do the usual set of reboots at the 30 min mark.

As always thanks to @RMerlin and team and all the Alpha/Beta testers.

smooth upgrade from beta. no issues to report

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available. This release introduces support for the RT-AC68U_V4 and GT-AXE11000 (both were originally planned for 386.4, but wifi issues with their GPLs forced both to be delayed to this release). This also merges with Asus's 386_46065 GPL code, and fixes a few issues.

The highlights of this release:

• Merged with GPL 386_46065 (note that a number of its security fixes were already present in 386.4)
  • Added support for the RT-AC68U V4. Just like with the original Asus firmware, support is implemented in a combined firmware image that supports both the older and newer models. That image might not work properly however when using Firmware Recovery Mode, in which case people should use a version older than 386.5.
  • Added support for the GT-AXE11000 (without its ROG UI or VPN Fusion).
  • Fixes issues related to the Trend Micro BWDPI engine on the RT-AX68U and RT-AX86U.
  • Dnsmasq was reverted back to 2.85 in an attempt to improve its stability
  • Avahi was updated to 0.8, and a few additional fixes were backported.
  • Miniupnpd was upgraded to 2.3.0.
  • Fixed netatalk failing to load its modules, which was breaking Time Machine
  • A number of fixes and improvements were implemented in Traditional QoS
  • And a few other minor fixes and improvements, please view the changelog for more details

Please keep discussions in this thread on this specific release. General support requests should be posted in a separate thread.

This thread will be locked once the post-release feedback has quieted down.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Could you elaberate further on this? what does BWDPI engine do exactly?

Could you elaberate further on this? what does BWDPI engine do exactly?
That's the Trend Micro DPI engine, which is used by Adaptive QoS, Bandwidth Monitor, Website History, etc... The updated engine from the recent GPL releases wasn't working properly when you had flow cache NAT acceleration enabled due to a compatibility issue with the newer SDK. I reverted to an older 386_41xxx version of these components on Asus's recommendation to resolve the issue.

Well, I'm about an hour in and a set of reboots across the gear on the release. Nest cams were a bit wonky at the start which had me nervous for a second but they have settled down and look to be fine now. IOT/TP-Link/Google devices all connecting fine. Rogers IPTV all good. Solid across the board.

Router speed test within expected speeds.

SNS6UVs.png

Dirty update from 386.4 to 386.5, so far so good.

Updated AC86U from beta1 and all's well.
Thanks again for your hard work @RMerlin!

Smooth dirty flash from 386.5_beta1 on my RT-AC68P - all is well with my router thanks to @RMerlin fantastic work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!