What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installing now thank you sir.

Dirty upgrade from 5_beta1 to 5_0 on an RT-AX3000 (using RT-AX58U firmware). All looks good. Thanks!

Another fault free, flash upgrade from 386.5_beta1 on my RT-AC68U router.
Thanks again to @RMerlin for yet more brilliant work.

Smooth and dirty (or should that be dirty and smooth?)...either way 386.4 to 386.5 and no problems :)

Very exciting, I wish I wasn't at work, might try to book a day off.

Flawless dirty upgrade from 386.4 on my RT-AC68U. Thanks @RMerlin !

Same here: in place update from .4 without issues on my main router!

Smooth upgrade from 386.4 on AX88U and AX58U (signature updated... :) )

Smooth upgrade from 386.4 on AX86U. All running fine!

AX86U, updated from Beta2 and found it reverted to Factory Settings.
I had a saved config and jffs from the Beta so was back up and running in short order.

That's the Trend Micro DPI engine, which is used by Adaptive QoS, Bandwidth Monitor, Website History, etc... The updated engine from the recent GPL releases wasn't working properly when you had flow cache NAT acceleration enabled due to a compatibility issue with the newer SDK. I reverted to an older 386_41xxx version of these components on Asus's recommendation to resolve the issue.
hmm. I wonder if that was the bug I ran into with getting a +200ms spike in latency under any sustained load with unless I disable flow control on ax86u. but it was before the least release

Are there any changes for the RT-AC68U in this version vs 386.5_beta1?

I am asking because my sluggish performance when having lot's of small packet connections running came back. I then downgraded back to 386.5_beta1 and ran exactly the same traffic again and the problem is gone...

While I hoped it would be a placebo effect I don't think it is - since I wasn't looking for the issue but noticed it immediately this morning and the rollback made everything run snappy again...

Appreciate any insight....

Everything going great for all AX58U's & AC68U's.
Thanks

Anyone else having rendering issues using Firefox? Chrome seems fine.

Screenshot 2022-03-03 072905.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!