What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I said earlier that the IP addresses on the Wireless log page were fixed, but today I've noticed that all clients on Guest network #1 are showing the same addresses - 192.168.2.81

The addresses in the DHCP leases page are correct.

I use YazFi to configure the guest networks.

I've noticed this for several releases now.

After a while, when you should have been 'timed out', you can still explore the UI, in particular view the network map all log pages.

But once you try to view a page that 'does something' E.g. scMerlin page, you get thrown out to the login page.
Yes, but I'm not getting thrown out to the login page automatically. I have to click on logout to get to the login page. I noticed this behavior first in the alpha release.

flashed 386.7 beta 1 on rt-ax88u, still facing the same issue as internet got disconnected suddenly. Not just on 5GHz wifi, but this time the whole internet even though all lights are lit up on ax88u.
reboot the router fixes the problem.
decided to downgrade back to 386.5_2 for time being.

Hi
i Upgrade AX11000 + XT12 from 386.7 alpha to 386.7 beta1 -->
Unfortunately the XT12 is offline :-(
downgrade to 386.7. alpha

Last edited:
Might be worth picking up a cheap spare router that you can quickly swap in if you brick the Asus. This way the fam is happy and you have better than phone Internet to research how to restore it.

Always have a backup. Even if it's one of those shirtty bottom barrel routers with 100mbps, it's better than a wife tapping her foot and giving you death glares. :)
I do, was getting ready to pull my RT-AC86U out of the aimesh setup and reconfig it.

Did you upload the firmware with Rescue tool ? I am asking cause I had the same issue and because Rescue tool was not working I had to revert to TFTPD client.
It did, rescue worked for me. Just had to do a hard reset to clear NVram which meant holding down the WPS button.

I was able to reproduce the RT-AX86U JFFS problem by reverting back to 386.5_2, then flashing 386.7 on top of it. It probably didn't happen before as I had the newer cferom already flashed, so it could be a problem when mixing the older cferom with the newer firmware content.

I'll remove the RT-AX86U firmware for now, I'll need to do more investigation tomorrow.
Didn't really pay attention earlier but noticed this below. Is 0.0.0.6 the newer CFE? If newer did it keep it when I downgraded?
1655038115413.png

I was able to reproduce the RT-AX86U JFFS problem by reverting back to 386.5_2, then flashing 386.7 on top of it. It probably didn't happen before as I had the newer cferom already flashed, so it could be a problem when mixing the older cferom with the newer firmware content.

I'll remove the RT-AX86U firmware for now, I'll need to do more investigation tomorrow.

My path to the problem, which ended well, has been different from everyone else.

I did not panic and try to flash back to 386.5_2. I think this step/action is causing much more harm.

I stayed on the Alpha and only reformatted the JFFS, the part that was not working, and restored it from the fresh backup.

I let it run overnight and the next day I manually updated the scripts in this order: Diversion, Skynet then Unbound. I didn't touch AMTM.

The JFFS partition (used portion) actually shrank in size.

ASUS JFFS 6.12.2022.JPG

Last edited:
I have an USB 2.0 LTE stick as backup (secondary WAN). When I switch to secondary WAN, my storage USB Stick 3.0 gets disconnected, see syslog snippet.
Where is the problem?

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
@RMerlin stated earlier that cferom version number did not change with new version.
I was referring to the alpha which I think it did. I went from 385.2 to alpha (which did cfe change i believe), then last night to beta (which did not). Just trying to get as much info as possible if it helps.

My path to the problem, which ended well, has been different from everyone else.

I did not panic and try to flash back to 386.5_2. I think this step/action is causing much more harm.

I stayed on the Alpha and only reformatted the JFFS, the part that was not working, and restored it from the fresh backup.

I let it run overnight and the next day I manually updated the scripts in this order: Diversion, Skynet then Unbound. I didn't touch AMTM.

The JFFS partition actually shrank in size.

View attachment 41798
When you say JFFS shrank in size, are you referring to capacity or used? From what to what?

The JFFS partition actually shrank in size.

View attachment 41798
What CFE does your router show? Its in the section above the memory and cpu.

Last edited:
Same as in recent stock firmware, it is not possible to ad a local ipv6 DNS of my AdGuard Home server. Only external DNS like quad9 or Cloudflare.

i think it is a bug because, ipv4 DNS server of my Adguard Home server is working just fine.

my Router is a AX88U

View attachment 41746
Did you already add IPV6 DNS in your Adguard DNS Settings?

JPG_1976.jpg

Hi
i Upgrade AX11000 + XT12 from 386.7 alpha to 386.7 beta1 -->
Unfortunately the XT12 is offline :-(
downgrade to 386.7. alpha
I think you better upgrade each XT12 first and then remove it from Aimesh. After that, upgrade AX11000 and add your XT12 back to Aimesh.

I ran a dirty upgrade from Alpha to Beta 1. No errors, no problems & all good for me so far. Re Your IPv6 related feedback requests @RMerlin As per the Alpha release: All works perfectly for me, but FWIW My IPv6 Caveats;

There's still no DDNS IPv6 Support - Expected at this stage
There's still no full IPv6, OpenVPN Client Support - Expected at this stage
My RT-AC68U is a Non-HND Model, so I can't add any feedback / info on the IPv6 DNS Filter item
I don't use OpenVPN IPv6 Server at all (only Clients) so I can't add any feedback / info on this item either.
When you say ipv6 ddns support, are you referring to the support asus has to add to their ddns services? I am trying to understand this one because on Merlin-Wrt I am able to ddns ipv6 with no problem using ddns services like dynv6.

Just kill the wlceventd process
Code:
MavMAIN|>/jffs/scripts| cat killwlc.sh
#!/bin/sh
F_log() { printf '%s' "$1" | logger -t "killwlceventd[$$]" ; printf '%s\n' "$1" ;}

F_log "Killing wlceventd process if running..."

pidofwl=$(pidof wlceventd)

if [ -z $pidofwl ] ; then
        F_log "Couldn't find wlceventd process running"
else
        kill $pidofwl
        F_log "Killed process $pidofwl wlceventd"
fi

I believe this is a WL Connection EVENT Daemon and is only used for logging interaction between the AP and clients making diagnosing wireless issues easier, I've noticed no ill effects killing this process

FYI, I played with stopping this process on my GT-AX11000 and found AiMesh needs that process to work properly. Noticed weird issues like devices reporting not online while connected to the node and I tried to re-add my node to see if that fixed that issue but AiMesh couldn't find the node while searching without that process running. Restarted the process and it immediately found the node,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!