What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be great to setup email notification for new ASUSWRT version
If you have Diversion installed, you can enable firmware notifications under the menu c, 4.

Code:
 What do you want to do?  c

Communication settings

1. Diversion update notification off
 2. Diversion stats stats:file,body,save
 3. Diversion backup off
 4. Firmware update notification off
 5. Blocking list update error notification BL
 6. Edit email settings, send testmail

Enter selection [1-6 e=Exit] 4

Firmware update notification info:

Receive email notification for newer
 Asuswrt-Merlin firmware availability for this
 router within about 48 hours of release.

1. Enable firmware notification

Enter selection [1-1 e=Exit]

So you really think this blinking sign really bothers you /people that much haha. I feel as though some people spent too much time looking at these logs/warning lights too much to the point that everything becomes an obstacle.. as RMerlin said, the option to turn off the automatic fw check is there...use it and move on. Easy!.... K.I.S.S.
It is MY feeling. It´s not up to you to judge about my or other people feeling.
As I told above using the asus app triggers also that annoying blinking sign even if the automtic check is disabled.
It is precisely this blinking that makes people look at logs and overreact.

I've had some issues since upgrading to 386.7x and have tried the two factory reset methods (GUI & WPS button press on powerup). Issues are still persisting.

Would putting the router into rescue mode be a way of doing an even cleaner flash? Can I use a Merlin firmware as the restore file?

SNB.png

In the Asus website link you posted the section for DNS (11) is empty, even though they instruct you 'use specified DNS servers'. I assume just using 'obtain DNS automatically' would be fine?

I've had some issues since upgrading to 386.7x and have tried the two factory reset methods (GUI & WPS button press on powerup). Issues are still persisting.
You don't say what router model you have or what these issues are.

Would putting the router into rescue mode be a way of doing an even cleaner flash?
The "cleanest" way would be to use the GUI with the "Initialize all the settings..." box checked. Alternatively, you could do a normal reset (GUI, button or WPS) and after that completes (assuming you're using Merlin's firmware) go to Administration - System and choose "Format JFFS partition at next boot".

Can I use a Merlin firmware as the restore file?
Yes.

View attachment 43168

In the Asus website link you posted the section for DNS (11) is empty, even though they instruct you 'use specified DNS servers'. I assume just using 'obtain DNS automatically' would be fine?
"Obtain DNS server address automatically" is not a selectable option when configuring a static IP address. In Rescue Mode there isn't a DNS server so leave those fields empty.

Last edited:
You don't say what router model you have or what these issues are.

AX88U

They are basically the same as this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/intermittent-loss-of-wi-fi-since-upgrading-to-386-7.79502/

Just been doing a lot of reading around the forum trying to figure out my issues and see if I can catch a solution. Based on the thread above I am going to downgrade to 3.86.5.2 and want to try ensure as clean a flash as possible.

Not only am I facing the wifi issues, but my WAN is dropping, too, although I am suspecting that the WAN appears to be dropped and the router is having trouble issuing DHCP addresses to devices. I'm not an expert in reading the logs, but I am seeing huge amounts of auth/deauth traffic on my logs, which syncs up with wifi droping and reconnecting. This auth/death traffic also seems to be what causes even cabled LAN devices to lose WAN access, too.

FTTH connection via an ONT.

The "cleanest" way would be to use the GUI with the "Initialize all the settings..." box checked. Alternatively, you could do a normal reset (GUI, button or WPS) and after that completes (assuming you're using Merlin's firmware) go to Administration - System and choose "Format JFFS partition at next boot".

Yes, I have tried with initialise settings and have also formatted JFFS, too. (I don't run any extra addon scripts or currenlty have any USB devices on either of the USB ports)
:cool:

"Obtain DNS server address automatically" is not a selectable option when configuring a static IP address. In Rescue Mode there isn't a DNS server so leave those fields empty.
Ah, yes, you are right. I had forgotten that.

Last edited:
Hi. After update on 386.7_2 from 386.7 i cant login in to my router RT-AX56U. Invalid username or password. Can update change my login?

I cant login on Edge but Firefox ok. Invalid password on AC68U. Strange.

This is the first time of seen the log entries attached below. Apparently related to channel scanning for selection I guess, but anyone know what's going on here?

Error1.jpg
Error2.jpg

I posted this few weeks back also. Are you able to see PHY rate (backhaul information) on the mesh nodes ? It's always shown as zero in the Aimesh --> Network page.

In a local network with AX86U, L2tp is installed on the NAS. Firmware 386.7_0 & 386.7_2, periodically the connection to the server disappears. Access from the local network as well as access via ovpn (server ovpn on AX86U). The problem is solved only by restarting the router. Returned to 386.2_6.

After upgrading to 386.7_2, I noticed my ET8's third radio-band is not available. I think this is what causes my WiFi to get spotty around the house, so downgrading to 386.5_2 gets the third radio-band available again and get reliable signal.

Attachments

• 5v7.jpg
    5v7.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 98
I think I have confirmed the WiFi issues for RT-AC88U as well. I just replaced my main router with this and replaced stock with merlin 386.7 on it. Later I installed 386.7_2 hoping that would help until I realized that the radio downgrade was for AX88U and not AC88U :)

It seems like WiFi stops working after a while. It often takes a day or so before it happens though. It also has different failure modes. Sometimes both 2.4G and 5G fails completely making the wireless symbol gray in the web ui with channel 0 for both. Sometimes just 2.4G still looks like it is working but auth fails. Already connected clients will then continue to work making it quite confusing. (I use my phone switching between 5G and 2.4G SSIDs to detect the problem.)

I do not have a complex setup. I have a long static DHCP list though so I try to avoid factory reset. I turn off all fancy features like AiWhatnot. During testing now I turned off newer wifi features like mimo and beamforming which did not help. I'm now trying a dirty downgrade to "386.5_2" and so far it has been working good for three days. I will try to enable the some newer wifi features now and see if stays stable.

I do not have a complex setup. I have a long static DHCP list though so I try to avoid factory reset.
I use YazDHCP for my static mappings. It makes restoring them very easy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!