What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.8 is now available for specific models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So, 24h recap with 386.8.

The WiFi performerance is better- so better so I have to bind devices to the accurate nodes otherwise they are attached to the wrong ones (lower or upper floor nodes, instead of same floor node).

Same as beta, now at least the Bind function work (if Optimize not working- at least Bind).

One last thing, AX56U just REFUSES to be a part of this AiMesh system in 386.8.
Happened to me on Alpha/Better and did not find any solution.

Including a reset to all nodes in the network and re-pair, nothing helps (both on Wireless backhaul or Wired one)

Hope next release would bring me back my Ax56u haha...

Cheers.
Thank you @RMerlin

One day, a guy is waking up in the morning and see the missing AiMesh node, re-connected, on its own.

Man, that's odd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220816-122644_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20220816-122644_ASUS Router.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 154
On my AX88U: I am Happy to report that After 24 Hours, 386.8 (semi dirty upgrade from 386.7 re. removed my usb and scripts first, then restored), all seems good. wifi is responsive and speeds are slightly better or same AND LOGS are clean. Thanks @RMerlin !

So i enabled the ssh in administration - system tab by lan only and after that used putty app entered the ip or host name for the router webui and choose ssh then clicked open and accept to trust it after entered the admin and the password for the router after that i entered these commands to force these ethernet 3 links the commands :

[10G-1]
Force link speed to 10Gbps:
Command: ethctl eth5 media-type 10000FD
Force link speed to 2.5Gbps:
Command: ethctl eth5 media-type 2500FD
Restore to auto negotiation:
Command: ethctl eth5 media-type auto

[10G-2]
Force link speed to 10Gbps:
Command: ethctl eth6 media-type 10000FD
Command: ethctl eth6 media-type 2500FD
Command: ethctl eth6 media-type auto

For the WAN
Command: ethctl eth0 media-type 2500FD
Command: ethctl eth0 media-type auto

It worked for me just for now i will report it if the problems come again now the only problem is the wireless lights i don't care about them but the Ethernets is critical for me and by the way the light for 10Gbps that i talked about before i noticed sometime i see it white and sometime i see it blue.

After these instruction i did i think it's all solved now.

I send these problems to ASUS and they send me these commands thanks to ASUS and @RMerlin and you guys for helping.

Maybe someone like me with these problems may see these instruction's and it may help him.

FINALLY IT MERLINED :D

I am sorry it did not fixed :(
I send Asus message again about that problem and I'll wait for their response and let you guys know.

Attachments

• ethn6 100Mbps again.jpg
    ethn6 100Mbps again.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 75
  • The two now ethn0 and ethn6.jpg
    The two now ethn0 and ethn6.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 74
Did as many others an dirty upgrade, just flashed over 386.7_2 to 386.8 on my RT-AX88U and been up for some hours without any problems (except the temp thingy).

My Internet speed is really ok I pay for 250MB ul/250MB dl.

1660670993791.png

I’m delighted with the performance of the 386.7_2 on my GT-AX11000. This latest release is very tempting, as are the routers it’s designed for—with the exception of the AX88U, the GT-AXE16000 is barely off the mill and is sold out half the time, and there isn’t even a release date for the GT-AX11000 Pro—not in the US anyway. How many people were actually able to beta test this for those models?

Ok, man, when does Merlin plan the next FW so I cam prepare to wreck my network again? ;)

AX88/386.8: This update is providing the best wifi experience I've had with this router. Thanks Merlin.

AX88/386.8: This update is providing the best wifi experience I've had with this router. Thanks Merlin.

Not only the best, it is a radical change.
A normal network takes time to adjust to it..

Upgraded over 386.7_2 -- I think this was probably the fastest Merlin upgrade on any of my devices, ever. Literally took a couple of minutes. Everything looks good.

Can't wait to try it on my AXE16000 when it comes in next week!

OpenVPN speed using ExpressVPN is 150 Mbps on a 200 Mbps connection.

Been running for a week now, AX88 and two AX86 mesh nodes. Echoing that WiFi has certainly improved, randomly testing on phones and laptops throughout the day , seeing quite the improvement. Anywhere from 50-200Mbps of improvement on Ookla Speedtest from the iPhone12 depending on time and test server. Running Channelhog to keep the 5Ghz solid with a 160Mhz channel, and the mesh nodes are wired to make sure they stay connected when it does its thing. All the IOT devices stay connected and are very responsive, even with a couple 4k streams running at the same time (1Gb fiber / AT&T)

Where would I go to reformat the jffs partition upon reboot? I no longer see the option?

Attachments

• Screenshot (33).png
    Screenshot (33).png
    194.2 KB · Views: 95
I don't think you can anymore.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!