What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.8 is now available for specific models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe I found an issue with guestnets 2 und 3 on 2.4 AND 5GHz:
Clients only get internetaccess when I enable INTRANETaccess. Could someone confirm please?

My IOT-devices on guestnet 1 are working perfectly.

My RT-AX88U is on 386.8 after some dirty updates. Maybe it's time for clean setup but maybe it's an real issue with the firmware 386.8 or before?
I never used guestnet 2/3 before so I could not realize if there was problem.

View attachment 43797
I have guest network 2 set up for both 2.4 & 5.
No access to intranet.
Both able to access internet just fine.

I have guest network 2 set up for both 2.4 & 5.
No access to intranet.
Both able to access internet just fine.
Your answer leads to the decision to set up the router from scratch over the weekend. *****Big sigh*****
Thanks anyway!

I have an AX88U it has 386.8 on it, and also a AC68U and AC1900P with 386.7_2. All were dirty upgrades at the time. Yesterday was router maintenance day. I reset the three routers to defaults and wiped the jffs. My problems began at this point with the OVPN Server on all three routers. Rather than stealing this thread as I'm not sure if it's this firmware related, please follow this link for the thread I started on this topic for the symptoms of my problem, it's a tough one for sure. Thank you!

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...an-someone-advise-me-please.80536/post-785967

This is just a heads-up - I managed to enable SNMP on RT-AX88U on this release using snmpd provided by entware packages.
No more Broadcom related snmpd crashes on this router and no need to downgrade to mini_snmpd. No idea which update actually caused it, but I'm very happy with this discovery. :)

1661458062532.png

I have just migrated to the AXE16000. VPN speed is up from ~151 Mbps to 181 Mbps on a 200 Mbps connection. This is the highest I have ever seen, at least here in the Middle East.

Last edited:
Be strong, you can do it! :p
Thanks for your encouragement, I got the job done last night! Now everything works as it should - even all guest networks.

Just a little something for GT-AXE16000 owners to play with over the weekend:

My hands are shaking, maybe something to wreck my AX88U as well?

Just a little something for GT-AXE16000 owners to play with over the weekend:

Anyone tried the test builds yet?

Update: Looking pretty good RMerlin!

Last edited:
My hands are shaking, maybe something to wreck my AX88U as well?
It's just the ROG UI re-enabled (after fixing a few issues with it), so that does not apply to the RT-AX88U. That was the test build I created for my own testing, I simply decided to also share it publicly in case anyone else also wants to tinker with it.

It's just the ROG UI re-enabled (after fixing a few issues with it), so that does not apply to the RT-AX88U. That was the test build I created for my own testing, I simply decided to also share it publicly in case anyone else also wants to tinker with it.
Planning on allowing us to switch back and forth?

That would be sweet...hoping this can be done. If not, does that mean RMerlin would have to maintain 2 versions of the firmware for future releases if he decides to release the ROG UI?

Just kidding, Eric. All good. waiting for next round of tests.
Have a great weekend there my friend! Cheers

Doubtful following these tests, as there are some compile time changes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!