What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.9 beta is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good, but I’ve only tested AP and media bridge modes on an RT-AC3100 and RT-AC68U.

Thank you, Merlin!

Looking good here...

Appreciate you, Merlin & Happy New Year.

Has been working non-stop for 5 days with 2 poe cams (24/7).

Based on your screenshot of the "top" command, it seems that "/usr/bin/find /tmp -iname crrt*" is a child process of the ASUS "Security Daemon" (asd).

See some info about "asd" on this thread here.
Thank you so much for clarifying this. I was beginning to think, a device on my network was compromised.

Jan 5 23:04:54 dnsmasq-script[3411]: json_object_from_file: error opening file /jffs/nmp_vc_json.js: No such file or directory
Jan 5 23:04:54 dnsmasq-script[3411]: json_object_from_file: error opening file /jffs/nmp_vc_json.js: No such file or directory

what is this? after the upgrade in beta
AC86U

Sorry about getting off topic. As a final note, I just dropped off the RT-AX86U at the UPS Store to send back to Amazon.

I put my AC86U back online and I am sticking with it for now.

I am not saying this is my “final” solution but it is a simple, reliable setup.

Sorry about getting off topic. As a final note, I just dropped off the RT-AX86U at the UPS Store to send back to Amazon.

Yep..will keep using my AC86U till it dies and then maybe upgrade to AX..will see

Same here smokey - still off topic, but I'm wondering if you would mind explaining your reasoning? I personally love my AC86U for all its (alleged) faults and will stick with it until it dies. Planning on switching from 386.7_2 to 386.9 as soon as it comes out of beta.

Is anyone here having trouble accessing the nextdns web control panel with this update?

Just now I was having trouble opening some sites, I did a ping test for nextdns by cmd and it gave 100% loss.

There was also no internet connection on 5ghz. I changed nextdns both in ipv4 and ipv6 for cleanbrowsing and everything worked perfectly again. Would it be some merlin bug, mainly in the option where you can manually set the dns?

My router is a RT-AC68U v3.

Last edited:
386.9 Beta has been working flawlessly on all 3 of my AC AiMesh nodes.
Of course, AiMesh devices are more of a black box setup that you don't have much control over what's happening, or ability to view basic health status such as CPU info, uptime, etc., through the GUI. More seat of the pants assessment or reactive troubleshooting if connectivity issues ever happen. But, as far as I know, beta is working great!

I've had beta1 installed on my home main/AP setup for a few days now. No issues compared the 386.7_2. Site-to-site VPN, port forwarding, parental controls, and DoT all working same as before. The only new entry I see in the log is the DNS pack size message. Oddly, a few of my settings were changed after installing beta1, e.g., AIProtection became enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!