What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 Beta is now available for Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing from the 388.2 Alpha 2 thread, since the problem is also present in 388.2 Beta 1:

RMerlin said:
No idea if they changed anything there, but some special characters have always been tricky with Asuswrt's webui in general. I would avoid any characters that carry a special meaning in an HTML context, such as %$<>.

I guess the page could do a better job at validating that field. Which characters were you trying to use?

As promised I experimented a bit. In my case it was a backslash (\) in the IPSec VPN Pre-shared Key causing the problem. I think I solved that by escaping it (\\).

(I am not sure anymore whether I might have done that on my AC86U with 386.x before as well... Maybe someone still running 386.x can test that?)

Since I changed routers I also have a new root certificate. I will try to update that on my iOS devices later this week to see whether IPSec VPN does work then.

If you were running 388.2 alpha already, then there is no real reason to reset your routers for the beta. Removing and readding nodes might perhaps be a good idea tho, just in case the AiMesh wireless node discovery fix might have an impact on the final performance.
Can you give a bit more information on this problem. I have previously reported on 388.1 that it appeared my RT-AX86U nodes didn't seem to get all WiFi settings updated when I changed them on the main RT-AX88U router. Could the problem have caused this type of effect?

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I just got this router and wanted Merlins Firmware so bad and now we have a beta for it. I feel lucky

Just curious.... I don't recall the router's self-signed certificate containing so many SANs? Get the same SANs even after generating a new certificate...
After Asus ran into issues with router.asus.com failing HSTS validation (because it resided within the asus.com domain), Asus registered and started using various dedicated domains with their devices. They are adding all of these domains to the certificate, instead of having to change SAN/CN based on the device itself.

Can you give a bit more information on this problem.
When detecting potential wireless nodes, some models were using an outdated version of a component that failed to properly report available potential nodes. I have no idea if that component has any impact on settings sharing.

Let's GO!!!!!!!

EDIT: Initial filthy upgrade from Alpha 2 on all APs done here. No issues to report, as expected. Will recycle the APs again in 15 mins and then let settle.

And... @L&LD ... you on a LIKE mission? LOL!

1679355412611.png

Last edited:
Well, found a partial window and did the dirty from 386.8 / 386.7_2 to 388.2 beta all around. So far most everything looks ok. Except for 5Ghz and 160Mhz. Under the 386 family, had no issue keeping and operating on 36/160, not 5 minutes in channel changed to 149/80. Going to assume for now that it got some interference and chalk it up to that, going to bounce the router in 30m to see if it sticks.

As I was typing this I started to test the new "Site Survey" found someone else using channel 36, so I guess these WiFi drivers are a little more exacting. As soon as I changed from 36 to 40, and applied I'm back at 160Mhz - NICE!

Devices still bouncing around the router/mesh nodes and not connecting to the nearest one nor respecting the what router/node a particular device is bound to, going to let it adjust and if it keeps up I'll start from scratch (HW resets/rediscover the nodes/reconfigure/add the scripts back in) in the meantime I may restart a client or two to see if they connect to the correct router/node and respect the bindings...

All My AX58U Units are working great !
Thank You :)

Last edited:
Anyone else have have, Under Administration - System - Auto Logout disabled?
Because with it disabled I'm getting the auto logged out, just haven't timed it...
1679365326081.png

Hadn't noticed before since I just started using DualWAN but on AXE16000, every time the router reboots, primary WAN fails to get DHCP assignment (using 10G_1) while secondary (2.5G port) negotiates fine. I have to bounce Eth10G_1 and then it will get the DHCP from the modem (both WAN ports get the public IP from modem using bridge mode). This consistently happens when I reboot the router. Not sure if it is an order of operations thing (e.g. 10G_1 receives DHCP binding before it is ready)

Can someone that uses Link Aggregation LACP 802.3ad let me know if it works? Only thing holding me back from updating as it doesn’t work for me on the alphas. I have a GT-AX11000 but knowing if it works on any device using the latest firmware helps also.

Thank you for new beta builds.

I have updated my two router and it's working fine.
I'm using wifi backhaul on 4(ax) 160Mhz channel 64/160 and working just fine.
Needed reboot to get master and node syncing with eachother.
Seems stable so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!