What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 Beta is now available for Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty upgrade from 388.2_beta1 to 388.2_beta2 performed this morning and, excepted for an unrelated issue with unbound (issue posted in AddOns and may require that I reformat my USB key), did not noticed (so far) issues with my GT-AX6000 router:

1680633063001.png

Successfully running 20+ hours on dirty upgrade from 388.2.beta1 to beta2 on an RT-AX3000.

Last edited:
Ever since dirty flashing from Alpha to Beta, I no longer get the progress bar when flashing the firmware. It just shows "Please wait, applying settings". When I flash the mesh router I get the progress prompt, but not the main one?

Updated my RT-AX86U and pro with out any problem.
My Aimesh node disconnected and I have to reset and connecting again.
After that it have been up and running.

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 21-11-19 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U Pro - System Information.png

Dirty upgrade over 388.2 B1 on an AX88U Pro.

All things working except for a pesky ecobee thermostat that doesn’t want to stay connected.

@Darkje, isn't that on the 3.0.0.6.xxx firmware level?

388.2 Beta 2 is still on 3.0.0.4.xxx level firmware.

Ever since dirty flashing from Alpha to Beta, I no longer get the progress bar when flashing the firmware. It just shows "Please wait, applying settings". When I flash the mesh router I get the progress prompt, but not the main one?
Same here, I really thought that I had bricked my router. RT-AX88U.

Same here, but I'll add that along with this, Firefox also began prompting me to allow pop-up windows for the router. I normally block all pop-up windows.

@Darkje, what you are asking about is in a different firmware branch currently in beta stage and many months from official release. I'm sure RMerlin will look into it some time in the future, but this functionality is not coming to current Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. Also, it's limited to specific model routers only.

Well I never. Huston we have a problem. Just coming up to 24hrs uptime and my radios both turn themselves off. It's bedtime so any autopsy will have to wait til tomorrow. Only noticed because I couldn't browse the net on my phone and VoLTE was active even though wifi showed connected. Wifi LEDs on the router were out.
Last few lines of the log before reboot.
System Messages:
Code:
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod rc_service: watchdog 1292:notify_rc stop_obd
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: stop obd)
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod kernel: device eth6 left promiscuous mode
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod kernel: br0: port 4(eth6) entered STP off state
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod kernel: device eth7 left promiscuous mode
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod kernel: br0: port 5(eth7) entered STP off state
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod kernel: device wl0.1 left promiscuous mode
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod kernel: br0: port 6(wl0.1) entered STP off state
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod avahi-daemon[5932]: Interface wl0.1.IPv4 no longer relevant for mDNS.
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod avahi-daemon[5932]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface wl0.1.IPv4 with address 10.0.2.1.
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod avahi-daemon[5932]: Withdrawing address record for 10.0.2.1 on wl0.1.
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod kernel: device wl0.4 left promiscuous mode
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod kernel: br0: port 7(wl0.4) entered STP off state
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod services: apply rules error(19227)
wlceventd.log:
Code:
Apr  4 22:37:43 ripshod wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(494): eth7: Deauth_ind 00:00:00:00:00:00, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0

Last edited:
Old Dirty Bastard update to beta2. Wifi survey still broken if "Auto select channel including DFS channels" is checked and not toggled. I know you said the survey is closed source. I was just hoping it might have been fixed. Otherwise, this router is super stable.

Thanks for your work.

Has anybody installed this on ZenWiFi ET8's ? If so, how's it going compared to 386?

Also in the latest beta 2 I can ping OpenVPN clients only when ipv6 is enabled (on rt-ax86u). With ipv6 disabled any client connects but doesn't respond to ping. Something has changed since ovpn 2.6.1 and still broken. Confirmed.

Ax88u router and node were hard reset after Beta2 update, after 24h run, will see how it perform.
Reset because router reboot did not connect automatically to the rest of the nodes.
Hopefully reset made it work.

Dirty upgrade from 388.2 Beta 1 to Beta 2 is complete. So far, no issues to report after 15+ hours of uptime using AdGuard Home, Yazi, Skynet, Scribe plugins. App plugins appear to be working as designed after some quick tests.

The only anomaly I've experienced is that my 5GHz band will not hold its manual setting of channel 116 (WIFI Radar says 116-> 130 is open). I've also tried 120 and 122 with no success as it ignores the manual setting and uses channels 38, 40, or 153 instead. The manual setting worked fine with Beta 1 and I understand WIFI code is closed source from Asus (did not change) so I suspect some sort of new local interference issue is occurring. Channel 132 seems to work despite the fact that my neighbors 5ghz is running on the same range.

Correction, I discovered that my SKYNET failed after beta 2 was installed. E.G. the stat GUI was no longer showing under the Firewall Tab. No big deal, an uninstall and install with some configs fixed the issue. All good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.