What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't upgraded.

Are you sure you're using the correct firmware file for your router?

Are you removing all USB devices, rebooting the router, flashing the firmware, then rebooting the router again after inserting the USB devices again?

@GNUton help! I've been running 388.2.2.0 on my pair of ET8's. I started with 388.1 after a factory wipe and all that start-from-scratch stuff.
Problem: the Parental Controls "Web & Apps Filters" switch will not enable (switch turns green, nothing else happens. Refresh shows it's still off.)

Any known fix? Is it possible to enable it via command line?

Thanks for saving my ET8's lives! It's nice to watch a movie without restarting 1 or more devices.

1686693600243.png

I think I was experiencing this as well. You can read about it in this thread. I thought it might be my chatty roku and amazon devices + having the large oisd.nl list in place but very eerily similar where devices would go offline. Reconnects, if they’d even work, would take 5-10 mins. Often, I’d just reboot the router to see if I could get it fixed. Ultimately switched over to AGH and issues went away.
After having tested (in a joint effort with @saison2023) every possible option under the sky, I can only conclude that something goes wrong with the logging of Diversion and dnsmasq 2.89.

Eventually I too decided to switch to Adguard Home and had NO trouble with devices reconnecting and NO errors in log files.

Thank you @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow for bringing AGH to Asuswrt-Merlin 👍

Thank you. Will test it on my router currently on a much older version.

I am having some issues with latest merlin and FlexQoS. More specifically, QoS seems to be out of order , with upload speeds not reported at all. Root cause, as per @dave14305 suggestion seems to be a combination of my setup (WAN type: PPPoE ) and latest Merlin. I do hope this issue is easy to be fixed.

Same problem here with an AX86U Pro & PPoE.

Had my first issue on AX88U. Wifi stopped working, no wifi-signal.
Ethernet/Internet continued working as normal.
Reboot fixed the issue.

XT8 v1 here, have a wireless backhaul setup and have been having issues lately with official versions.

dirty upgraded from 22068/21099 to 388_2_2_1 and it's NIGHT and DAY difference. Upgrade was a piece of cake and everything is snappy in the interface and I have NOT yet lost backhaul with 160Mhz. This version is solid. We'll see what happens over the next couple days but so far, it's best I have ever used.

Thank you to the entire community for working on this and making this.

I didn't realize how outdated I am. Currently on 386.5_2.

Do you think it'll be ok to dirty flash to the latest?

I didn't realize how outdated I am. Currently on 386.5_2.

Do you think it'll be ok to dirty flash to the latest?
You're stepping a major release (386 to 388). I would play it safe and flash - reset - configure manually.

My 2c

Hey guys anybody else having issues with devices not showing up on the Client Status tab???

I updated to 388.2._2 when it was released, worked fine but recently it only shows 3 wireless devices connected. When I have at the most 8 active devices on wifi?

Any suggestions on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys anybody else having issues with devices not showing up on the Client Status tab???
The Client Status page always was (and still is) a fluffy list of devices - better it would be removed to avoid this kind of confusion.

If you like to see the wireless connected devices you go to System Log / Wireless Log for a reliable information - the rest (fixed line) of devices you can find in the DHCP Leases tab.

Attachments

• Pict2.png
    Pict2.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Pict1.png
    Pict1.png
    189 KB · Views: 143
Sadly had 2 power outages than ruined my uptime. 12 days in a row, without a single problem!

Yeah!

Reactions: a5m
The Client Status page always was (and still is) a fluffy list of devices - better it would be removed to avoid this kind of confusion.

If you like to see the wireless connected devices you go to System Log / Wireless Log for a reliable information - the rest (fixed line) of devices you can find in the DHCP Leases tab.
Thank for the info.

RMerlin's Latest FW running on Main and AP without issues!
Observation: This is the first time running a VPN on our router, with both WG and OVPN running since beta, without any issues with set-up and operation.

I updated to 388.2._2 when it was released, worked fine but recently it only shows 3 wireless devices connected. When I have at the most 8 active devices on wifi?

Any suggestions on this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Yes mine seemed to be stuck at 11 though I had no evidence of any device connection issues. Rebooted router a couple of days ago and right now its reporting 46.

It's not that big a deal, but this message can be misleading. It appears when ports aren't at gigabit speed (100mbps or slower).

Even a brand new device might only support 100mbps. Many (even new) TVs only do 100mbps, the Philips Hue lighting system bridge only does 100mbps, etc. In this case, the speed *cannot* be improved, and there is no actual "problem".

Might want to change #4 to "The connected device may not support a gigabit connection."

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 14.53.28.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 14.53.28.png
    184 KB · Views: 110
I've had this release running for 46 days now,
It's by far the most stable & solid release I've had on this router.
No mysterious reboots and all clients remain continuously connected, even the flaky IoT stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.