What's new

YazFi Asuswrt-Merlin and Yazfi - Separate VPN on SSID with AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Taimoor

New Around Here
Hi Community,

Im hoping someone can help me solve what I would imagine is a simple problem. Im open to all ideas.

I have three Asus Routers running 385 firmware. 1 RT-AC88U and 2 RT-AC68U'w. They are running AiMesh, with ethernet backhaul. All is working fine.

SSID1 : Internet over WAN interface
SSID 2 : OVPN Client

Im using Yazfi to achieve the above, by separating SSID 2 with its separate IP addressing scheme and redirecting all trafic using VPN Director over to the VPN client. This works well, when connected the main AiMesh router, but when i roam to the nodes, the connection drops and reconnects and the VPN capability doesnt work. Further the DHCP address I get isnt one from Yazfi, but one from the main DHCP scope.

I have to believe im doing something wrong,or Yazfi doenst support AiMesh nodes. Irrespective, id love your thoughts on how I could achieve this please, as its been driving me crazy.

Thanks all for your help and support.

Last edited: