What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin is now 10 years old!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks so much for 10 years of making my Asus Routers work like magic - whenever I run a Windows update I always dread it - whenever I apply a new AsusMerlin version to my router I am looking forward to it...

Happy Birthday Asuswrt-merlin, great to watch you grow into a fine product.

And many thanks @RMerlin for a decade of your skills, knowledge, efforts and leadership!

It has been a great run so far, kudos and a heartfelt appreciation for Merlin and *ASUS* for their voluntary collaboration to make this work. Most of us know it's not easy and probably maddening at the some of the 'logic decisions' behind the closed source parts.

My Nostolgia moment is my first high end router, the RT-N66U Black Knight back in January of 2014.

As a file packrat I see my first RT-N66U AsusWRT version downloaded on 1/15/2014 at 16:23 was FW_RT_N66U_30043742050.zip followed by RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.38_1.zip, approx. 51 minutes later and I never looked back.

Happy Birthday on this project, RMerlin!

Fatboy Slim's "Praise You" just popped into my head...

"We've come a long, long way together
Through the hard times and the good
I have to celebrate you, baby
I have to praise you like I should..."

Congrats on a decade of dedication and giving back to the community.

Looking forward to what comes next.

Thank you @RMerlin and team!

Congrats!!! 10 years!!! Wow!!! I started using ASUS con 2012 because of you and the N66U. Since then I couldn't change to any other brand thanks to your custom firmware and all scripts everyone creates.

A heartfelt thank you for sharing your skills on a world wide stage that benefit so many.

Congrats!!! 10 years!!! Wow!!! I started using ASUS con 2012 because of you and the N66U. Since then I couldn't change to any other brand thanks to your custom firmware and all scripts everyone creates.
Same over here, ever since Asus and Merlin it's so hard going back to other brands. So thanks Merlin.

Happy Birthday to your project and congratulations on the 10 year milestone! Enjoy some tea... :)

Wow, time flies. Congrats!!! :D

Remember I used an ASUS RT-N56U with Padavan firmware before taking the step into Merlin's world with AC68U, then AC86U and now using AX86U.

Happy born day!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday.
I'll need to try the GT-AX6000 alpha after work today.

Is there somewhere where I can look to see if the alpha includes the CVE updates from 48377?
These builds are based off 47885, so I have no idea which of these CVEs are fixed, which aren't, and which don't apply (they are still confidential, so there's no details as to what they are).

Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work! The internet is a better place with @RMerlin ! I first installed Merlin firmware on an AC68P 6ish years ago and came back to ASUS because of this fantastic project.

Thank You RMerlin and All Forum Contributors!
I have been able to get out of most of the network "issues" I've created, due to the RMerlin FW and The Forums.
As most of you know, I earned my Christmas Bonus inventing a long life food preservative, and my 10 year old milk will go great with this celebration!

RMerlin Donation sent plus an extra milk

Thanks so much for a decade of making Asus Routers work marvelous !

Oh my, a decade already...and such a similar personal progression of equipment and firmware -Linksys WRT-54g (Tomato) to Asus rt-n66u (Merlin) {still used as a switch!!!} and now the AC86u with the latest, current Merlin.
many Happy Returns, Eric. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do - not the least of which was to plant the seeds for this community to blossom to what it is today!

Last edited:
Congratulations!

@RMerlin Where do you see and hope your firmware is 10 years from now, and how long do you think you will keep doin it? :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!