What's new

Beta ASUSWRT Official beta 386-RC1 for RT-AX89X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are they done with firmware updates? I just got mine and very impressed with the performance of the 10G lan, wifi and reliability. Got the B1 rev by the way.

I just checked my local microcenter in Parkville Md and they have A2 version. I wish ASUS and other company's would tell the difference between hardware versions.
I returned my A1 for the A2 from microcenter in Dallas lol. I also picked up the axe11000 and we'll see what I end up keeping.

Last edited:
What’s the difference between the A1 and B1 version of the 89x? How do we tell which hardware revision we have?

What’s the difference between the A1 and B1 version of the 89x? How do we tell which hardware revision we have?
Sorry I actually have the A2. It's listed on the label on the bottom of the router. Idk what actually is different but I had lots of issues with the A1 and the A2 seems smoother and quieter

I have the a1. Drats. I never really had a problem with it anyways.

Would be good to know what changed with A2 and then B1. I mean is it cooling with the 10 gbps port, is the 5 Ghz radio in the later revisions faster ?

With the newest March 2021 firmware (on the A1 revision) from the asus website, I’m getting better Wi-Fi performance than all previous firmwares, probably a good extra 60 Mbps down. iPhone is now pulling down over 900... before it was getting 840 max.

And running the fan at low doesn’t trigger any reboots when plugged into the 10 gbps port. So hopefully this continues. Would be nice if asus had a Wi-Fi 6e version of the 89x.

I live in Italy and received a rev.B1 from Germany. I immediately updated to the last firmware and, although not having a gigabit connection, the fan noise is a very light buzz and to feel it you need to approach the ear to the router.

Gonna turn the fan off for some time and see how it turns out. It's nowhere near hot, well below 60C.

Hi:

I have a RT-AX89X B1. I am from Spain.
Does anyone have this rc1 version installed?
In what state is this project? Is the owner still with it?.

Regards.

This Thread has been dead for some time, how about ASUSWRT to update us on the development of this beta? It is still going ahead or can we consider it over?

I wanted to ask if the latest features included on Broadcom-based routers will also be implemented also on RT-AX89X, such as Aimesh 2.0 and the NAT fullcone.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!